Corsair h110i vs NZXT Kraken x61

Which AiO?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. H110i or Kraken X61?

• H110i
    • Kraken X61

Probably been asked before but whatever.

So, as the topic says. Which of these two have the lowest temps? In my next build I want to go with one of these two but not sure which is best (if I'm going to spend $100-150 on an AiO I want one that has the best performance).

For that build I plan on going with the 5820k or upcoming 6800k and do plan on overclocking them.

Also how good are the fans on those AiOs? I think the corsair ones fans look alright, but for the NZXT one I'll probably replace the fans since plain white goes against the theme I plan on. Most likely get Fractal Design venturi fans for the NZXT one.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

My i5 6600K is ocd to 4.6 and my CPU stays at 29 degrees at idle, I dont remember what the stress test brought it up to but it was still extremely cool with my H110i - not to mention the fans are quiet-ish, not silent but still barely audible with my side panel closed.  

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

1 minute ago, derick90 said:

My i5 6600K is ocd to 4.6 and my CPU stays at 29 degrees at idle, I dont remember what the stress test brought it up to but it was still extremely cool with my H110i - not to mention the fans are quiet-ish, not silent but still barely audible with my side panel closed.  

I have heard the H110i has very good performance, but I heard that as well for the X61. Also does the H110i have LEDs on the pump? It looked that way on pcpartpicker.

Just now, Inception9269 said:

I have heard the H110i has very good performance, but I heard that as well for the X61. Also does the H110i have LEDs on the pump? It looked that way on pcpartpicker.

Yup, full RGB, the "Corsair" lights up as well as the um... ring? or boarder has a faint glow to it as wellattachment.php?id=150611

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

1 minute ago, derick90 said:

Yup, full RGB, the "Corsair" lights up as well as the um... ring? or boarder has a faint glow to it as wellattachment.php?id=150611

not bad.

One thing about the corsair one, I'm debating on getting an AiO gpu cooler like what MSI has, if something like that comes to the Pascal series. It would match that better. Hoping they make a black and red version of it though and note the current one they have

If your changing the fans, you should have similar performance on both. The H100i GTX and NZXT X61 are both OEMed by Asetek, so I would expect the internals of the pump/radiator/materials to be very similar or the same to each other, so with the same fans on both, you'll probably see very similar performance. Biggest differences are looks, fans, and software. If you plan to change the fans, I would just go for the cooler that looks the best to you. Both are Rgb, and corsair has that interchangable cover plate on the water block.

I like good humans and good food

If you do end up going with the Kraken, ill swap fans with ya, been looking for some white ones =]

HeadsetLogitech G430  

3 minutes ago, colinreay said:

If your changing the fans, you should have similar performance on both. The H100i GTX and NZXT X61 are both OEMed by Asetek, so I would expect the internals of the pump/radiator/materials to be very similar or the same to each other, so with the same fans on both, you'll probably see very similar performance. Biggest differences are looks, fans, and software. If you plan to change the fans, I would just go for the cooler that looks the best to you. Both are Rgb, and corsair has that interchangable cover plate on the water block.

Which H110i comes with cover plates? Mine sure didn't =[

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

Which H110i comes with cover plates? Mine sure didn't =[

Oops, meant to say the GT, GTX, and V2 models. H100i didn't have cover plates to my knowledge.

I like good humans and good food