Microsoft buys Xbone.com domain

Microsoft have brought the domain name Xbone.com

Major Nelson speaks out against the use of the word.

‘I don’t like it…it disrespects the teams that have put in thousands of hours (already) into the development of the product. Sure, it’s cheeky but I don’t care for it myself.’

I genuinely believe they deserves it after they disrespected their customer with their initial idea's for the product.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/12/microsoft-buys-disrespectful-xbone-com-domain-3962444/

love to hear other peoples thoughts.

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

surprised it took them this long....

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I genuinely believe they deserves it after they disrespected their customer with their initial idea's for the product.

Lol what? i dont really see how the disrespected anyone, no one forces you to buy it, now if bought it, it was your choice but in no way did they disrespect anyone, they did piss a lot of people off though

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Love how it searches in bing xD so funny

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Lol, it redirects to bing

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

It redirects you to bing now. I wonder what was on the site before Microsoft bought it.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Cry me a river. :|

If they didn't want criticism they shouldn't have designed a console that attempted to dismiss a significant portion of its market potential on the basis of their own arrogant and ignorant assumption that everyone in the world had internet like they do over in Washington.

You fuck up as a large company you get criticism babehh. All the more reason to play it safe. ;)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

It redirects to bing and it searches Xbone and funny that most of the results are not related to the Xbox One lol.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Well, that's not really going to stop anybody if that was their goal. Heck, I bet xbo.ne is a legitimate domain that somebody could use if they wanted.

On the other hand, if Microsoft uses xbone.com to make some kind of parody ad, or just embraces the nickname and tries to make it a benefit rather than a weakness, then there might be some hope for this after all.

I don't mind the name xbone.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Yeah, if Microsoft didn't make it so easy to make fun of, they wouldn't have this problem. Seriously, no one on their teams saw Xbox One could be shorted to Xbone? Talk about sheltered children...

One was definitely a better name than 720 though... Can you imagine all the 720p jokes?

One was definitely a better name than 720 though... Can you imagine all the 720p jokes?

Linus makes enough of them to make up for it :P Just wait for 4K to get really common... those 4Kpness... so much pness...

Linus makes enough of them to make up for it :P Just wait for 4K to get really common... those 4Kpness... so much pness...

Yeah that's the main reason why I don't watch TV anymore, not enough pness!

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

ahaha, I remember when Logan on The Tek called it the Xbone.  Amazing it took them this long to buy it.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Somehow I feel buying up this domain name and redirecting to Bing is only hurting their credibility even further.

My school blocks it.  :D

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

I have no sympathy for Microsoft on this one.   It should not have taken them more than 30 seconds to see that "Xbox One" is easily shortened to a penis reference, you delete a letter and share a letter, not that hard to predict.  The fact that they seem to have missed it shows a disconnect with their target audience.  Hell I am more skeptical they did not do it on purpose.  A boner reference would make more sense than the current naming system.  

Frankly Microsoft makes enough they can afford to pay someone to research "how can the internet make a sex joke of this" and do nothing else for a job.  If they don't do this, they need to start.

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration