DX 12 performance increase comes at a cost

Mew
12 hours ago, Prysin said:

what a massive shock.

Are you also going to say my car will use more fuel if i load it up with more weight?

Cuz i'd be pissed if that was true.

/s

Not necessarily use more fuel because of more weight, but more weight will cause a bigger impact on the engine thus, in turn may use more fuel.

In this case, I think fuel is not equal to electricity power draw. More like engine power would be equal to electricity power. :D

7 minutes ago, bigneo said:

Not necessarily use more fuel because of more weight, but more weight will cause a bigger impact on the engine thus, in turn may use more fuel.

In this case, I think fuel is not equal to electricity power draw. More like engine power would be equal to electricity power. :D

a better analogy...

ask a man who hasn't eaten for 2 days to run and see how many calories he burns per minute.

then feed him up nicely for a couple of days and ask him to run again.

He will now be running much faster and burning more calories.

the food bottleneck has been reduced (CPU)

so his muscle use and running speed is maximised (fps)

but now at his new running speed he burns more calories per minute (power consumption)

Geez, I've been dealing with over 200w on my Gtx 970, I don't know what's the big fuss about this increased power consumption in games..... they were never that intensive to begin with.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

17 hours ago, Senzelian said:

This is a conspiracy. NVidia is obviously part of ISIS, while AMD f*cks with Mark Zuckerburg, who has secretly an affair with Osama, who is actually not dead.

Let's boykott everything and fire our liberal guns in the air like true 'Muricans.

Reference R9 290(X) can't melt steel beams!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

On 3/1/2016 at 1:43 PM, don_svetlio said:

How is the 980 using less power than it's rated for ? I find this awfully conspicuous.

maybe its not running at 100%?

Holy shit! My penis is flapping around and tiny but when I get horny, it gets big and hard!

No shit sherlock but that's sooooo obvious. If a GPU gets all the shit thrown at it, it will work much harder.

Just the when tryna play Pacman, GPU won't do any shit than staring there and picking nose and when playing

Batman Arkham Night or whatever that shit optimized game, GPU will work for its life.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

13 hours ago, Humbug said:

a better analogy...

ask a man who hasn't eaten for 2 days to run and see how many calories he burns per minute.

then feed him up nicely for a couple of days and ask him to run again.

He will now be running much faster and burning more calories.

the food bottleneck has been reduced (CPU)

so his muscle use and running speed is maximised (fps)

but now at his new running speed he burns more calories per minute (power consumption)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm foooooooooooooooooood