is corsair Dominator Platinum good ram?

is corsair Dominator Platinum good ram? im thinking about getting a 16gb 3200mhz kit of DDR4 for my x99 upgrade (broadwell-e)

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

is corsair Dominator Platinum good ram? im thinking about getting a 16gb 3200mhz kit of DDR4 for my x99 upgrade (broadwell-e)

It's the best

i like trains 🙂

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

yes, but is it really worth the price? I don't think so. Get lower-frequency memory from a different lineup and you will be just as happy.

its $150 is that too much for ram?

It's up to you if you want to pay for it.  It looks damn nice.  That's for sure.  But, just know that you would never, in the entire time you own the pc, notice a difference between that and some other ram of the same speed by a cheaper reliable vendor :D

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

1 minute ago, givegomezthegun said:

It's up to you if you want to pay for it.  It looks damn nice.  That's for sure.  But, just know that you would never, in the entire time you own the pc, notice a difference between that and some other ram of the same speed by a cheaper reliable vendor :D

i have 2400mhz ram now but shouldnt the faster speed help?

3 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

If it interferes with the other parts, then $150 is way too much for 16GB of RAM. Try something cheaper like HyperX Fury or something else.

I used to be quite active here.

Just now, Kobathor said:

If it interferes with the other parts, then $150 is way too much for 16GB of RAM. Try something cheaper like HyperX Fury or something else.

how does it inerfere with other parts?

17 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

It's the best

That'd be Trident-Z

But for OP Dom plat is a bit pricey for what you get. if you're just going to plug it in and run XMP you might as well get something cheaper. just my thoughts. vengeance lpx is actually the exact same chip (and probably pcb as well knowing corsair) just with 1.2v slightly looser sub timings and a lower rated xmp

Just now, DominicNikon said:

how does it inerfere with other parts?

(totally hypothetical) If you have to get a 390 instead of a 390x, because you spent $150 on RAM. CPU is another example, or case, PSU, anything really. When it comes to RAM, you're mostly paying for the heat spreaders.

Just now, Kobathor said:

(totally hypothetical) If you have to get a 390 instead of a 390x, because you spent $150 on RAM. CPU is another example, or case, PSU, anything really. When it comes to RAM, you're mostly paying for the heat spreaders.

if i do a asus sabertooth tuf x99 mobo i7 6800k (broadwell-e 6 core) and this ram. i already own a GTX 980 and corsair CX750m psu. is it interfereing at all?

5 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

if i do a asus sabertooth tuf x99 mobo i7 6800k (broadwell-e 6 core) and this ram. i already own a GTX 980 and corsair CX750m psu. is it interfereing at all?

CX

750m

ok

Honestly, I don't care too much, the fail rate on those things isn't over 5% or anything. But, I would spring for a nicer PSU. The rest of the build is great.

2 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

CX

750m

ok

Honestly, I don't care too much, the fail rate on those things isn't over 5% or anything. But, I would spring for a nicer PSU. The rest of the build is great.

ok btw do you think the x99 sabertooth is a good board or should i save up more for a deluxe?

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

ok btw do you think the x99 sabertooth is a good board or should i save up more for a deluxe?

Honestly, when it comes to x99, they're mostly all good motherboards. Unless the Deluxe has features you want/need, I wouldn't get it.

5 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Honestly, when it comes to x99, they're mostly all good motherboards. Unless the Deluxe has features you want/need, I wouldn't get it.

ok do you think the sabertooth is better then the mobos in my schools $400 prebuilt systems?

I'e been running the same two sticks for about 4 years, using XMP profiles they haven't misses a beat.

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

4 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

ok do you think the sabertooth is better then the mobos in my schools $400 prebuilt systems?

are you just messing with me now?

If you're serious, then yes, they are. In terms of features and quality.

There are some of the best you can buy, but IMO they are not worth the hefty price premium.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It is good, probably the best, but most people get it for the bragging rights.

42 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

That's a lot for 16 GB. Digital Foundry seems to have found DDR4-3000 to be the highest level that makes much of a difference with modern games. Make sure it's four 4GB sticks so you can use it in quad channel. You can get 4x4GB DDR4-3000 Corsair Vengeance LPX or 4x4GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V kits for less than $100. I can't imagine paying 50% more for 7% higher clocks.

its over bought ram in my opinion, everyone goes for it. 

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.