NZXT H440 good case?

R3DOPS
Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

yea, but compared to what? 

I dont know. I just want to know if it is a good case? Not cheep good quality and looks and so on. I plan to light up the inside for some led maybe white led 

Just now, R3DOPS said:

is the NZXT H440 a good case? 

meh its decent

but there's better options

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, SeanAngelo said:

meh its decent

but there's better options

Like? 

Yes it is a good case and decent to build in but it has is flaws such as limited airflow which becomes a problem with sli/xfire or high overclocks and a hard to close right side panel. 

5 minutes ago, R3DOPS said:

is the NZXT H440 a good case? 

With the Fractal Design Define S being a thing no its not anymore. It's an ok case you need good fans to get decent air flow through it to keep stuff at ok temps.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

I have one with an all air SLI setup (MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming and Noctua NH-U14S on the cpu).  Decent overclock on the cpu (i7 6700k to 4.5GHz).  Cooling is just fine.  Much better than my old HAF X.  It's decently quiet.  The right side panel was a bit hard to get in place is my only real complaint.  I like the simplistic aesthetics and the lack of exposed fan mounts on the front and top.  Alternatives I tried were: Phanteks Pro M, Phanteks Evolv ATX, and NZXT S340. I also looked into the Fractal Design Define S.  I liked the H440 far more.  One thing is I'm very picky on aesthetics.  I was looking for a case that had no 5.25" bays, a PSU shroud, and no exposed fan mounts.  I wanted solid looking panels on the front and top. The H440 was the only one next to the Phanteks Evolv ATX, but that case is too cramped vertically and pretty much requires liquid cooling for an SLI setup.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

The H440 is considered to be one of the best Mid tower atx cases, it has some peculiarities with certain things.

For example: 

The top fans vent only out one side and the back which can cause noise or airflow issues depending on the way you will position the case, also I believe the door will only open one direction and cannot be reversed, the Fan filter on the bottom can only be removed from the back, the front panel intakes only on one side of the case.

Here is a good review of the H440 vs R5

A similar case that would have less peculiarities but is less "stylish" would be the Fractal Design R5(I have and I love)

One of the nicest cases i've seen period would be the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv

So it seems people are saying that the case is ok.. How about this. No budget. Find me the best case you can find me 

1 minute ago, R3DOPS said:

So it seems people are saying that the case is ok.. How about this. No budget. Find me the best case you can find me 

Cardboard box?

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

1 minute ago, R3DOPS said:

My favorite case on the market is the Phantek enthoo Evolv.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

CaseLabs SMA8 period...

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

2 minutes ago, R3DOPS said:

You have to provide some details on what you're looking for.  5.25" bays?  Liquid cooling? PSU shroud? SLI? Side panel? Noise dampening?  Tower type (mid/full) ?  Aesthetic preferences.  Otherwise, there's far too many cases out there.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

1 minute ago, Acquire said:

You have to provide some details on what you're looking for.  5.25" bays?  Liquid cooling? PSU shroud? SLI? Side panel? Noise dampening?  Tower type (mid/full) ?  Aesthetic preferences.  Otherwise, there's far too many cases out there.

air cooling, like to cover pus in some sleeve. White and black. Max 200$ Canadian no sli. Sond dampening optinal. ATX

19 minutes ago, R3DOPS said:

Like? 

Fractal Design Define Series

Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Primo

Corsair Air 540

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

6 minutes ago, roctrebira said:

My favorite case on the market is the Phantek enthoo Evolv.

Agreed, Phantek enthoo Evolv --- here ---

Hardware Canucks Agrees, see video --- here ---

I have an OC Skylake i5 6600K at 4.2Ghz and well see the rest of the specs below. This case is a beauty and quite nearly silent when idle and under loads like gaming over the sound of my speakers the system is almost unnoticeable. Lighting on the case is amazing witht he IO shield lighting and the different modes for that lighting makes it very nice. the noise dampening material inside really works but as linus has said in his review of the case it will take away from your cable management space. not a problem though with the basement on this bad boy you could have a non modular PSU and about 15 extra cables down there and no one would ever know! Overall great build quality (a little on the heavy side actually) but if you dont plan to move the system that often or you are an ogre like Luke and Nick this should not be a problem at all! Hope this helps!

Spoiler

post-293387-0-41025500-1453863481_thumb.post-293387-0-91785400-1453863475_thumb.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case: NZXT H440 (Matte Black) Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

For a case with no budge look at a Lianli case or a brand similar! Best of luck!!

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case: NZXT H440 (Matte Black) Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply