How much noise is normal with an H110i GT?

FoxxyRin

Ever since I installed my H110i, I've started getting an occasional 'skipping' noise. It sounds sort of like a disk drive or HDD clicking, and is somewhere between a scratch and a click. It's very occasional, ranging from every 10-ish minutes, to every few hours. I read up on things and was pretty sure it was probably just an air bubble, which is fine. However, the past two days, I've noticed the pump's motor sound like its struggling a bit. It only lasts for up to 30 seconds, but it's happened more than once now and I'm concerned that I simply received a lemon, especially since my boyfriend's old Asetek (unknown model) and new Kraken X61 have both been silent in comparison. (Until his Asetek started failing, that is.) So I feel like something is wrong, but I have nothing to compare it to, and this is my first AIO.

Should I return it to be safe? If so, should I go through Corsair or Newegg? Another thing, is do you think it would be possible to exchange it for an H110i GTX? I didn't realize this until I got it, but the GT does NOT have the removable plates, and Corsair recently said that they should be out by spring. I'd really love to be able to use those.

what youre hearing is microbubbles occasionally passing through the pump

thats what makes the noise

if you mount the radiator vertically at the front of a case then it should go away

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

what youre hearing is microbubbles occasionally passing through the pump

thats what makes the noise

if you mount the radiator vertically at the front of a case then it should go away

This is how I already have it mounted, and I've tried all the general tips -- tilt the case around, adjust the tubing, etc.

Do you still have the stock fans on it?

For me it sounds like that clicking noise comes from the fans, I have the same issue.

If you run the fans below 1100 rpm (at least for me) they make a "clicky" noise in irregular intervals.

Try running them at very low rpms and see what happens, then turn them up very high and listen again.

Please quote me in any answers to my posts, so that I can read them easily and don´t forget about them. Thanks!

I love spending my time with PC tinkering, networking and server-stuff.

50 minutes ago, FoxxyRin said:

This is how I already have it mounted, and I've tried all the general tips -- tilt the case around, adjust the tubing, etc.

then it my just be that your cooler has a lower water level than normal

you can RMA it or just keep it, it shouldnt affect performance, although it will have a shorter lifespan due to evaporation

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020