This Camera is ****

Lil Chillbil

I don't even know what sony was thinking when they made it

discuss

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Some context would be nice, I have no idea about camera's so I don't know why you think it's shit. 

I watched about a minute of it he said somethings were wrong and something were nice so I'm quite confused.

These whole 1 sentence discuss topics are very basic and do nothing.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Some context would be nice, I have no idea about camera's so I don't know why you think it's shit. 

I watched about a minute of it he said somethings were wrong and something were nice so I'm quite confused.

These whole 1 sentence discuss topics are very basic and do nothing.

It basically doesn't fit into sony's lineup, there were 3 lenses for it and it cost $3000 

#KilledMyWife 

It basically doesn't fit into sony's lineup, there were 3 lenses for it and it cost $3000 

Ok that helps.

Well it does look kinda dumb also. Basically a camcorder with a lens on it. Reminds me of this. 3k seems a little expensive but I know camera equipment is overpriced as it.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Ok that helps.

Well it does look kinda dumb also. Basically a camcorder with a lens on it. Reminds me of this. 3k seems a little expensive but I know camera equipment is overpriced as it.

A dslr is more expandable with a better mic, more lenses, filters and lighting 

#KilledMyWife 

Using a DSLR for video is fine.... Until you wants continues autofocus! Then you should just get a good quality compact camera or a camcorder.

Edited by Vertifai

Using a DSLR for video is fine.... Until you wants continues autofocus! Then you should just get a good quality compact camera or a camcorder.

http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/20120509_loRes_avengers_2.jpg

the avengers, nuff said 

#KilledMyWife 

Ok makes sense. But DSLRs arn't the solution for everything sometimes you just need good fast continues autofocus.and that it a point where DSLRs loose out to camcorders and even compacts.

Ok makes sense. But DSLRs arn't the solution for everything sometimes you just need good fast continues autofocus.and that it a point where DSLRs loose out to camcorders and even compacts.

I agree with that statement, I like dslrs for video but if I had to make a feature I would get a camcorder

#KilledMyWife 

If this this camera has sensor that made for video camera(true 1080p or 4k sensor) it would be great, but Sony has put 14mp. sensor in there people buy this kind of camera because they wanted to step up from dslr and get something with global shutter and no moire/aliasing footage, by putting dslr sensor in there it going to ruined the point of a camcorder. And $3000? that too expensive for this spec

For me I would pay more $999 for FS100 because FS100 is a true video camera

newer canon dslrs support this and even have a line of lens with motors that are more optimised to do it quietly.

newer canon dslrs support this and even have a line of lens with motors that are more optimised to do it quietly.

You know any good demos? But again it is just starting to be a thing for DSLRs to have proper continues autofocus when something like a 1996 compact VHS camcorder can autofocus within half a second  throughout the entire 1 to 12x zoom range

DSLRs will at some point have just as good continues autofocus as compacts and camcorders. But it is just not there yet

Compare stock microphones, that one is better.

FIlters and lighting is besides the point, and has nothing to do with the camera.

It has a mic and headphone jack (so it's the same as a DSLR), it works with all Sony e mount lenses. You can get adapters for other lenses too.

The camera is also only $2000

No, the POV action scenes were.

You cant compare $3000 video camera to $30 000 cinematography cameras.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

FIlters and lighting is besides the point, and has nothing to do with the camera.

It has a mic and headphone jack (so it's the same as a DSLR), it works with all Sony e mount lenses. You can get adapters for other lenses too.

While I do agree with you I must say that...

Somebody bought a sony...

#KilledMyWife 

While I do agree with you I must say that...

Somebody bought a sony...

I don't own any Sony gear, only Nikon.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Not to bad but a bit expensive

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Canon does make the 1D C which is made for cinema which is probably what they used and its ~$12,000 for the body.

Canon does make the 1D C which is made for cinema which is probably what they used and its ~$12,000 for the body.

No, they used the 5d mkiii and another one.

15" MBP TB

No, they used the 5d mkiii and another one.

I'm not sure what the main camera was I think it was a 35mm 

#KilledMyWife 

I'm not sure what the main camera was I think it was a 35mm 

According to Wikipedia 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_shot_in_digital

The main camera was the 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arri_Alexa

15" MBP TB