iPhone 5SE to feaure A9, 12MP Camera and cost $400-500

asim1999
7 minutes ago, atrash said:

You can always get a sim free phone and separate contract. Works better in the long run anyway. 

Tempting, depends on the total outlay on buying the iPhone, I tend to not store much media on my phones, so often I am one of those buying the 16GB models  Will look into buying them outright. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

bet my profile pic that it will start at 500$ for the 16GB (wouldn't be shocked if it end being an 8GB model)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

14 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Tempting, depends on the total outlay on buying the iPhone, I tend to not store much media on my phones, so often I am one of those buying the 16GB models  Will look into buying them outright. 

Even if you do not store much media on your phone, i would highly suggest you to get the 64gb if possible simple for future proofing and better resale value. Plus with the 16gb you would usually be left with around half the space after taking account the OS, updates and other non removable apps. But we shall see what the pricing of the SE will be like soon.

Just now, atrash said:

Even if you do not store much media on your phone, i would highly suggest you to get the 64gb if possible simple for future proofing and better resale value. Plus with the 16gb you would usually be left with around half the space after taking account the OS, updates and other non removable apps. But we shall see what the pricing of the SE will be like soon.

For me, a phone is nearly only used for some music on transit, and occasional Facebook when out on the bike, otherwise I'm on the laptop on a public wifi spot. Good call though on re-sale value. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

wow all this arbitrarily hatred towards apple on this forum is cancerous as hell.. I wish they would have put more storage into this one though

edit: depending on how they managed to pass on the id of the 6 series line-up, it surely is a great alternative to the big screened models. Looks like they've learned a lot since 5c failed hard

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Looks like a fantastic phone. Might switch to it from my 6s. 6s is just a bit too big and a bit slippery for me. Or I might wait for the iPhone 7.

A big question is whether or not the 5SE will have NVMe storage. My 6s is blazing fast.

I wonder if people who are complaining about the battery realize iOS isn't a battery killer like Android is.

19 minutes ago, TroubleKlef said:

Looks like a fantastic phone. Might switch to it from my 6s. 6s is just a bit too big and a bit slippery for me. Or I might wait for the iPhone 7.

A big question is whether or not the 5SE will have NVMe storage. My 6s is blazing fast.

Yes since the A9 and A9X chips use NVMe controllers so you are good on storage 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Figures as soon as I buy a 6s this thing was announced a few months back. My 6s is too big coming from a 5s. 3d touch is pretty pointless so far with no interesting implementations from app makers. Would of got this over a 6s without any regrets.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

22 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

Yes since the A9 and A9X chips use NVMe controllers so you are good on storage 

good to know. I didn't know the controller was based on the SoC.

2 hours ago, TroubleKlef said:

I have a fairly small asian hands and I don't really think the 6S is that big. but yes it is slippery hence why I have the leather case on.

2 hours ago, vetali said:

Figures as soon as I buy a 6s this thing was announced a few months back. My 6s is too big coming from a 5s. 3d touch is pretty pointless so far with no interesting implementations from app makers. Would of got this over a 6s without any regrets.

Some of the 3D touch gestures are pretty neat imo, like placing the cursor when typing and switching between apps. The email and links preview is also quite handy.

Just now, atrash said:

Some of the 3D touch gestures are pretty neat imo, like placing the cursor when typing and switching between apps. The email and links preview is also quite handy.

Only one I use regularly is to swap back to the previously used app by force touching and swiping right from the left edge. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

8 hours ago, EpicGeekonFire said:

By not running Android lol. Never had an iPhone? Battery life is actually pretty good for such a small battery. My iPhone 6 battery specs right now are 8 hours of use, 30 hours of standby since last charge. I am on 20%  battery now. Pretty good. 

Actually it is. 

Mmmm....

RxKIT6Ll.png

Dat battery life.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

4 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Mmmm....

Dat battery life.

WTH is that? ULTRA UBER BATTERY SAVER MODE? Holy crap, what phone is that?

28 minutes ago, EpicGeekonFire said:

WTH is that? ULTRA UBER BATTERY SAVER MODE? Holy crap, what phone is that?

Just my LG G3.

Tbh , that's mostly standby time, but it's still damn impressive.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 hour ago, Nineshadow said:

Mmmm....

RxKIT6Ll.png

Dat battery life.

oh come on! don't start showing people that android has good battery life, let the myth live through ages /s

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

10 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Wait, the 6S' battery is only like 1700mah?

It's around 1800mAh.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Mmmm....

RxKIT6Ll.png

Dat battery life.

IMO that's pretty bad enen though my Note5 drains a similar amount overnight (15% over 8 hours). The reason it's bad is because the note 5 has double the battery capacity of my 5s yet drains so much doing nothing (effectively the same as losing 30% overnight on my 5s). 

11 hours ago, kurahk7 said:

IMO that's pretty bad enen though my Note5 drains a similar amount overnight (15% over 8 hours). The reason it's bad is because the note 5 has double the battery capacity of my 5s yet drains so much doing nothing (effectively the same as losing 30% overnight on my 5s). d

It didn't drain overnight.

I had a flight at around 6AM and before that there was a 3-4 hour drive to the airport.  Anyway , it was about a 3 hour long flight and the screenshot was taken when I arrived at the hotel. Pretty damn good if you ask me , since I did use the phone a little bit.

Honestly the real MVP of this rumor is the iPhone 5S being discounted to $225. I doubt it will happen, but if it did it would be huge, the 5S is still quite a decent phone. And would be undercutting the Oneplus X

33 minutes ago, minimoose said:

Honestly the real MVP of this rumor is the iPhone 5S being discounted to $225. I doubt it will happen, but if it did it would be huge, the 5S is still quite a decent phone. And would be undercutting the Oneplus X

And very few people know this: the S6 trails the 5s in single threaded performance. 

9 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

And very few people know this: the S6 trails the 5s in single threaded performance. 

But but.... 2GB of RAM in 2016???? 1500mAh battery???? nowai android4lyfe

/S

13 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

The 5s still beats the S6 in onscreen graphics performance as well 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

On 2/27/2016 at 4:18 AM, Starelementpoke said:

Wait, the 6S' battery is only like 1700mah?

Yeap. I have a 6, and I usually have 20% after 16 hours and moderate usage. 

Apple ARM CPUs are ridiculously power efficient, and the Retina displays don't have stupid resolutions that eat power through increased GPU workload and the actual display itself. 

23 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Tbh , that's mostly standby time, but it's still damn impressive.

Standby time isn't impressive these days. I can leave my phone on my desk for weeks and it'll still have a good amount of life left (unconfirmed since I actually haven't tried that, just guesstimating).

Usage time is what matters most.