iPhone 5SE to feaure A9, 12MP Camera and cost $400-500

asim1999

The new iPhone 5SE will reportedly just be called the SE, and will feature a 12MP Camera, A9 chip and cost $400-500. However, it will not have 3D touch. Apparently, the 5S will also receive a 50% price cut as well. 

Dare i say it, i am actually impressed if it costs around $450, pretty reasonable for an apple product with these specs.

Here are the rumored specs:

iPhone 5S screen and design will stay

A9 chip + 2GB RAM

16 or 64GB storage

1642mAh battery

12MP camera 

Live photos support

2.5D glass on the front

Right on time, we’re also seeing some alleged internals of the iPhone SE surface which confirm that the device won’t be coming with 3D Touch on board. If you take a look at the first image in this post, you’ll see the alleged display for the iPhone SE stacked against that of the iPhone 6s. The components required for 3D Touch are absent, as we should rightly expect.

Apple shouldn’t be expected to launch 3D Touch on the iPhone SE even if the device sees a March launch with the claimed specifications. Progress on the device in the rumor mill has been steady and its the only reason we’d say that be on the lookout for a 4 inch iPhone at the company’s event in March.
Read more: http://wccftech.com/iphone-5se-mass-production/#ixzz41NgzhbtY

Kuo also reiterated that the new 4-inch iPhone will have other similar hardware specs as the iPhone 6s, including an A9 chip and NFC for Apple Pay. The device's form factor is expected to be similar to the iPhone 5s, although the display is said to have slightly curved 2.5D glass like the iPhone 6 and newer. 

Apple's new 4-inch iPhone could also feature 16GB and 64GB storage capacities, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, Live Photos support, and a slightly larger 1,642 mAh batterycompared to the iPhone 5s. 3D Touch will likely remain exclusive to the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus as a differentiating feature. 

The well-informed analyst continues to believe the smartphone will cost between $400 and $500 in the United States. The lower price point should help Apple target the mid- to low-price segment and drive iPhone sales in emerging markets such as China and India. Comparatively, the larger iPhone 6s starts at $649. 

KGI Securities expects total 4-inch iPhone shipments to grow 131% year-over-year to 37 million units in 2016, on the strength of the new 4-inch iPhone launch and a 50% price cut on the iPhone 5s. Apple currently sells the iPhone 5s for $450 at full retail price, so the smartphone may soon be discounted to $225. 

The research firm has lowered its new 4-inch iPhone shipments forecast to 12 million units from 18-20 million units because it believes customers that favor a small-size iPhone may purchase the cheaper iPhone 5s instead. KGI expects iPhone 5s shipments to "surge" following the half-off discount. 

Kuo said Apple's upcoming 4-inch iPhone is "generally dubbed iPhone 5se," but the much-rumored smartphone may actually be called the "iPhone SE." The purported iPhone 5s successor has been given many other names in recent months, including "iPhone 6c," "iPhone 5e," and "iPhone 5s Mark II" internally. 

Sources:

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/02/27/new-4-inch-iphone-400-to-500-iphone-5s-half-off/

http://wccftech.com/iphone-5se-mass-production/

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

5 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

nd $450, pretty reasonable for an apple product with these specs.

That battery though. My $60 moto e has a bigger battery.

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

That battery though. My $60 moto e has a bigger battery.

True, but the iPhone 6S has a 37% higher resolution screen and only a 5% larger battery than the 5SE

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Just now, asim1999 said:

True, but the iPhone 6S has a 37% higher resolution screen and only a 5% larger battery than the 5SE

Wait, the 6S' battery is only like 1700mah?

7 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

iPhone 5S screen and design will stay

A9 chip + 2GB RAM

16 or 64GB storage

1642mAh battery

12MP camera 

Live photos support

2.5D glass on the front

what kinda shit phone is that????

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Wait, the 6S' battery is only like 1700mah?

Yeah, look at GSMArena

Plus the battery is smaller than the normal iPhone 6 cos of the 3D touch 

Just now, asim1999 said:

Yeah, look at GSMArena

Plus the battery is smaller than the normal iPhone 6 cos of the 3D touch 

How does the thing run any longer than 3 hours?

it has almost the same specs as the 6s.... 400 - 500 is not a bad price ... considering its an apple product.

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

2 minutes ago, Mr_Troll said:

it has almost the same specs as the 6s.... 400 - 500 is not a bad price ... considering its an apple product

I am not paying $400 for a phone that has a 1642 mah battery. My $40 Tracfone smartphone had that much battery life.

Just now, Prysin said:

its barely better then my Xperia Arc. WHICH CAME OUT IN 2011

Well im not advocating apple or anything, but CPU efficiency has increased a lot since then. 

Plus, unlike most new android phones it only has a dual core CPU

1 minute ago, asim1999 said:

Well im not advocating apple or anything, but CPU efficiency has increased a lot since then. 

Maybe so, but paying $400 for a 1642 mah battery is stupid. Just plain stupid.

2 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

not enough to justify THAT shit batter capacity

4 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

iOS is also a lot more efficient when it comes to battery usage than Android.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

16 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

How does the thing run any longer than 3 hours?

By not running Android lol. Never had an iPhone? Battery life is actually pretty good for such a small battery. My iPhone 6 battery specs right now are 8 hours of use, 30 hours of standby since last charge. I am on 20%  battery now. Pretty good. 

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

not enough to justify THAT shit batter capacity

Actually it is. 

Just now, EpicGeekonFire said:

By not running Android lol. Never had an iPhone? Battery life is actually pretty good for such a small battery. My iPhone 6 battery specs right now are 8 hours of use, 30 hours of standby since last charge. I am on 20%  battery now. Pretty good. 

Actually it is. 

My Moto e has lasted me 2 days straight on a single charge, and I'm playing hearthstone most of the time on it. For $60. What do you do on your Iphone? For all know, that could be all just web browsing and youtube.

Directly trying to compare battery sizes with Android and iOS phones is foolish. Apple's SoCs are much more power efficient than Qalcomm's SocS and iOS is a way more optimized OS that doesn't have to sift through all the bloat that some manufacturers and carriers slap on.

If an Android phone had the battery size of a 6S, it wouldn't be able to last the whole day, especially if it wasn't on Marshmallow.

CPU: Intel Core i3 4370 (3.8GHz, 2C/4T) GPU: AMD R9 380X 4GB

I just kinda want to buy a 5S in good condition to play around with it, put cydia on it and so on. It's the perfect size, has the 16:9 ratio and the fingerprint reader. Maybe use it as a reserve phone. (Nexus 4 is my main phone).
I wish they just recreated the 5S with better specs and 3D touch instead of making a separate SE.
Then again, dealing with iTunes to put music on the phone is a pain in the ass.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

1 hour ago, Starelementpoke said:

I am not paying $400 for a phone that has a 1642 mah battery. My $40 Tracfone smartphone had that much battery capacity.

There, fixed.

The thing is battery capacity across different mobile OS cannot be compared, and when it comes to Apple, you're not paying just for the hardware.

2 hours ago, Prysin said:

its barely better then my Xperia Arc. WHICH CAME OUT IN 2011

Because specs are all that matters in a phone.. /s

1 minute ago, atrash said:

Because specs are all that matters in a phone.. /s

actually, in a lot of cases, YES.

Is it to much to ask for a phone with decently fast CPU (Snapdragon 810?), SD card slot, 3-4GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, NFC,IPx8, 720 or 1080p 4.6-5" screen and a 2750mAh+ battery???

Regardless of the handsets costs, I will be interested to see it's monthly tariff options, I've noticed with my network here in the UK, that iPhones tend to get a "tax" slapped on them for even basic monthly tariffs.  

Before the phone can be considered cheap, it has to also be cheap to use.  And for that Android often provides a better deal £ per GB when data is concerned.  At least here in the UK.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

11 minutes ago, Prysin said:

actually, in a lot of cases, YES.

Is it to much to ask for a phone with decently fast CPU (Snapdragon 810?), SD card slot, 3-4GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, NFC,IPx8, 720 or 1080p 4.6-5" screen and a 2750mAh+ battery???

Certainly not with iPhone I can tell you that. I do agree the spec looks kinda meh on paper compared to other flagship smartphones, but when you've used it in the real world, everything just works perfectly.

I have both the 6s 64gb (same specs as the SE minus the 3D touch and slightly larger battery) and a Lumia 950XL (ticks most of the specs you mentioned above) and I can assure the iphone is on a different level of fast and efficient compared to the 950XL even with arguably faster soc? and larger in everything in specs.

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Regardless of the handsets costs, I will be interested to see it's monthly tariff options, I've noticed with my network here in the UK, that iPhones tend to get a "tax" slapped on them for even basic monthly tariffs.  

Before the phone can be considered cheap, it has to also be cheap to use.  And for that Android often provides a better deal £ per GB when data is concerned.  At least here in the UK.

You can always get a sim free phone and separate contract. Works better in the long run anyway.