Best gaming chair

there's no "best" gaming chair, because it differs from one person to another
just go to your favourite store and try em all out, and pick one u like best

Spoiler

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

DxRacer or Maxnomic. They ( especially DxRacer ) offer various models that suit different body types and heights. For example, if you are a small to medium sized person, you might want to go for the DxRacer F and R series respectively, although the R series is still recommended for small people, as there have been complaints of the F series being too narrow. If you are a larger person, you should go with either the K or M series.

Maxnomic has fewer lineups of chairs, but choosing them is less complicated to DxRacer, as DxRacer has a lot of models.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

Its either my €700 office chair or my €50 gaming chair. You need to specify more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Its either my €700 office chair or my €50 gaming chair. You need to specify more.

I don't really care about pricing more about how comfortable it is

price to performance... this made me laugh more than it should

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, Sham_gabz said:

I don't really care about pricing more about how comfortable it is

I don't get it, some people here aren't very helpful. 

If pricing doesn't matter and you only care about comfort, I'd suggest one of the high end Herman miler chairs. Heard they are super comfortable and it's like sitting on air. 

I plan on buying one when I have enough money. Rip bank

Edit: spelling 

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

I was looking for a new chair recently and ended up going with DX Racer as they were about the only company that made a chair that fit what I was looking for.

I wanted a high backed chair that reclined, not too hard to find from other companies but still the selection is a bit limited.

The real hard part was finding a high backed chair that reclines and is upholstered with cloth, pretty much all the other chairs are upholstered in leather or leather like materials.

Even DX Racer only had about 2 out of their dozen or more models upholstered in cloth and neither of the two looked like they would be that great for a person above average height or weight.

Being average height and bellow average weight that wasn't an issue for me.

The nice chairs from Maxnomic/DXracer are the $400+ line, and even then you can get similar quality in an under $200 office executive chair. If you want a great seat without spending corporate leather executive chair prices ($5,000+), take a look at the Herman-Miller Aeron, Herman-Miller Embody, SteelCase Leap, and the list goes on.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Steelcase Leap V2 is what you want OP. Puts all these other gamer chairs to shame. I have it in in grey and black frame. Best chair I have ever used. Got one in 2011 and I still have 8 years left on a full warranty. Anything happens, any faults and Steelcase will send me the part to replace or get me a new chair, no questions asked.

Leap-Chart._V394124565_.jpg

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

2 hours ago, NeverNude said:

Steelcase Leap V2 is what you want OP. Puts all these other gamer chairs to shame. I have it in in grey and black frame. Best chair I have ever used. Got one in 2011 and I still have 8 years left on a full warranty. Anything happens, any faults and Steelcase will send me the part to replace or get me a new chair, no questions asked.

How does this compare to the herman miller aeron chair? 

10 minutes ago, IBIubbleTea said:

How does this compare to the herman miller aeron chair? 

They are damn close, and either a Herman Miller Aeron or a Leap V2 can be had for $600-$800.

EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

15 minutes ago, sobe said:

They are damn close, and either a Herman Miller Aeron or a Leap V2 can be had for $600-$800.

Seeing that I'm 16 and working a job that pays minimal wage here in Canada. I really want to get a good chair but I'm not sure if it's the best investment at the moment or at all.

I have not tried the Steelcase but looking at the features listed and the materials used I would say it is almost certainly better than a Maxnomic chair. However the Maxnomic Pro-Chief Total Black Edition is $380 where as the Steelcase V2 is $919 on amazon. So the question is.... does it offer $540 more value than the the Maxnomic? I would say no. While the Maxnomic may use pillows to do what the Steelcase has built into it and the Maxnomic uses lesser build quality materials I don't see any way you could wear out a Maxnomic anytime soon. And you could literally buy 2 of them and have money left over vs the Steelcase.

Would I pick the Steelcase if I wanted to drop a grand on a chair? Yup.
Do I want to drop a grand on a chair? Hell no.
Do I regret getting a Maxnomic chair? Not at all.

52 minutes ago, IBIubbleTea said:

Seeing that I'm 16 and working a job that pays minimal wage here in Canada. I really want to get a good chair but I'm not sure if it's the best investment at the moment or at all.

Purely my opinion, but as you are 16 I wouldn't even entertain the thought at this current point in time. What I would do is look at an Ikea Markus or similar. I would also pick the Markus over anything offered by Maxnomic, etc.

If $200 is stretching it of course and you still want a decent chair, you can look at the AmazonBasics HighBack Executive Chair.

Okay so, obviously, there are loads of chairs you could go with: DXRacer, Maxonomic, or even ikea chairs are just a few options. However, looking for a 'gaming' chair, seems counter productive - to me at least. 'Gaming' chairs all share the same shape therefore a similar ergonomic and user experience, the only real difference being how long the chair will last you. Instead I would look for a comfort oriented chair, which (in theory) would allow you to game for longer periods of time without neck/back fatigue. 

I would wait a bit first though because at 16 you're bound to grow further (I'm 16 and have grown by nearly 6 inches in the past 6 months). I would wait, but if a new chair is necessity, I would lean towards a chair which is more comfort-oriented, such as the embody line up, rather than a flashy gaming chair.

A friend of mine uses a DXRacer, and although I have to admit it was better than expected, I still prefer my ikea malcolm chair.

I hope this has given some food for thought,

Dan

5 hours ago, sobe said:

You're 16, buying a chair is too much of a responsibility.

This is what "gamer" marketing has done to the world. Maybe buying a chair worth a grand to give +10 to your fps is too much but.... it's a fucking chair. It does not have to cost a grand.

1 hour ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

This is what "gamer" marketing has done to the world. Maybe buying a chair worth a grand to give +10 to your fps is too much but.... it's a fucking chair. It does not have to cost a grand.

Nope, in fact for the same price as those Dxracers and Maxnomics, there is a Serta chair that feels 10x more comfortable.

10 hours ago, NeverNude said:

The embody by herman miller puts that steelcase to shame (imo).

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

If I spent £300+ on a chair, I'd be sleeping on the sofa. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

9 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

I have not tried the Steelcase but looking at the features listed and the materials used I would say it is almost certainly better than a Maxnomic chair. However the Maxnomic Pro-Chief Total Black Edition is $380 where as the Steelcase V2 is $919 on amazon. So the question is.... does it offer $540 more value than the the Maxnomic? I would say no. While the Maxnomic may use pillows to do what the Steelcase has built into it and the Maxnomic uses lesser build quality materials I don't see any way you could wear out a Maxnomic anytime soon. And you could literally buy 2 of them and have money left over vs the Steelcase.

Would I pick the Steelcase if I wanted to drop a grand on a chair? Yup.
Do I want to drop a grand on a chair? Hell no.
Do I regret getting a Maxnomic chair? Not at all.

Here is the V1 Leap for $250 open-box. Not only is it cheaper and much, much better than these Maxnomic,Dxracer chairs, it comes with a 10 year warranty. The V2 is the better chair but the v1 is still far better than this gamer Dxracer shit.

http://www.madisonseating.com/basic-leap-chair-by-steelcase.html

2 hours ago, eLucid said:

The embody by herman miller puts that steelcase to shame (imo).

I haven't tried the embody, you could be right, but I have tested the Mirra, Zody Task, Aeron and a few Humanscale chairs and the Leap v2 was what I preferred. The problem with a number of ergonimic chairs like the Aeron are that they aren't nearly as comfortable when you change position in the chair and move out of an ergonomic seating position. The Leap is comfortable in all positions and is also great for tall people as well (i'm 6'4). 

The embody does look great though. But I wouldn't recommend it as I have never used one.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

51 minutes ago, NeverNude said:

Here is the V1 Leap for $250 open-box. Not only is it cheaper and much, much better than these Maxnomic,Dxracer chairs, it comes with a 10 year warranty. The V2 is the better chair but the v1 is still far better than this gamer Dxracer shit.

I compared a new chair vs a new chair not a new chair vs a used chair. If you want to play the "I got a 980 ti used and it is better than your new 980" game when it was returned because it was involved in a water cooling leak be my guest, but don't act like it is an apples to apples comparison. It is $919 new vs $380 new. And the only real extra features it offers are built in lumbar support and the ability to tilt your arm rests at an angle.

I don't care about tilting my arm rests and the maxnomic included lumbar support pillow (or any other I choose to buy as it is a god damn pillow) doesn't in my mind justify a price increase of $540 to have that feature included.

1 hour ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

I compared a new chair vs a new chair not a new chair vs a used chair. If you want to play the "I got a 980 ti used and it is better than your new 980" game when it was returned because it was involved in a water cooling leak be my guest, but don't act like it is an apples to apples comparison. It is $919 new vs $380 new. And the only real extra features it offers are built in lumbar support and the ability to tilt your arm rests at an angle.

I don't care about tilting my arm rests and the maxnomic included lumbar support pillow (or any other I choose to buy as it is a god damn pillow) doesn't in my mind justify a price increase of $540 to have that feature included.

Lol.

I would compare a Leap vs Dxracer/Maxnomic as a 980ti vs a 750ti. I would take an open-box 980ti > 750ti. Especially with a 10 year warranty.

Just sayin.

3 hours ago, NeverNude said:

Lol.

I would compare a Leap vs Dxracer/Maxnomic as a 980ti vs a 750ti. I would take an open-box 980ti > 750ti. Especially with a 10 year warranty.

Just sayin.

It is a chair. You can't really fuck it up. I'm sure it will last longer than 10 years and same with the maxnomic. The only question is if built in lumbar support is worth $540 or not and it isn't.