Windows 10 Mobile Insider Topic

GoodBytes

The new Map app on mobile was nicely improved! From what I noticed today:

• Map scrolling and zooming is now smooth, even if you have traffic overlay option enabled. Before it was choppy like a slow-ass phone, but it was smooth if you enabled "Aerial" mode (satellite view with 3D building), which made no sense. So now this issue which was there since day 1 of Windows 10, has actually been fixed. :)

• GPS location on road during turn-by-turn  navigation is now correct, and has a new perspective where you see more what is coming up on the road.

• Speed limit sign info had white corners, this has been fixed. This issue appeared a few builds before.

• Poles on map shows where Cortana will give you a new instructions during turn-by-turn navigation

Bug that is still there:

-> Posting Map related suggestions (new business, correction needed on map, etc.) Windows Maps crashes when you hit submit.

8 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

WARNING! This mobile built makes audio output over Bluetooth specifically highly compressed (way bellow phone line quality), and any CPU activity will degrade even further, creating shuttering. Using phone speakers or headphones has no problem. I am on the Lumia 950 XL if anyone wonders. A phone reboot does not solve this problem. Please post in feedback hub if you have this issue as well.

UPDATE! Ok so, the problem happens only if you stream music and Maps at the same time. But I have manage to solve the problem. Simply disconnect from Bluetooth, delete everything on both the car and phone. Turn off the car, and reboot the phone, and start re-connection over Bluetooth fresh. This has seem to solve the problem.

But man, that new Map scrolling is soooo nice. All it is missing beside the mentioned bug to fix, is to have the GPS position move smoothly like on the iPhone and not jump to the refreshed tracked positions.

rs_1703 completely broke my 1320. frequent random reboots, apps crashing all the time and system locking every single time I tried to close an app. You have been warned.

(If someone knows how to interop a 1320, let me know. I need to get it back to Windows 10, which requires registries edited, which requires an interop)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

• 2 weeks later...

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

New Windows 10 Mobile Build 15027.

Bug fixes:

• We fixed an issue resulting in the Outlook Mail and Calendar tiles sometimes no longer updating for some Insiders until the tile had been resized.
  • We fixed an issue where insiders with certain devices, such as the Lumia 635 and 636, might not have been able to manually change the brightness.
  • Windows Insiders should no longer have trouble connecting to certain Google sites due to an implementation of a new security model being rolled out to further enhance user security.
  • To help save characters when typing in fields with a character limit, we’ve added a new ellipsis child key for Latin-based languages (such as English, German, and French) when you press and hold the period key on the touch keyboard.
  • We fixed an issue where the Quiet Hours quick action button in the Action Center wasn’t working in recent builds.
  • We fixed an issue where notifications using stylized icons had an unexpected amount of padding underneath for high-DPI devices.
  • We fixed an issue where receiving a new email notification and tapping on it to open the message wouldn’t open the Mail app or message.
  • App developers can now request to pin their primary tile, just like secondary tiles, allowing apps to highlight their awesome live tiles – see this blog post for more info.
  • We fixed an issue where on some Lumia phones, such as the Lumia 950, there was no dimming prior to the screen turning off.
  • We fixed an issue where pressing the Print Screen key on the keyboard in Continuum wouldn’t take a screenshot of the second display.
  • We fixed an issue where preview thumbnails weren’t appearing as expected in the task switcher when using Continuum.
  • We fixed an issue impacting apps written for Windows Phone 8.1, where they might crash if certain types of dialogs were open in the app and the touch keyboard came up.
  • We improved battery life when OneDrive or similar tasks are running in the background.
  • We fixed an issue where the Cortana live tile would appear blank and not showing the Cortana icon for some languages.
  • We fixed an issue where pressing the mic button in Cortana, and then immediately pressing the Go button on the keyboard, would result in an “I can’t hear anything” error, rather than speech input being cancelled and a search performed.
  • We fixed an issue where the description for the new Apps section of Settings referred to desktop settings rather than mobile ones.
  • We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard wouldn’t dismiss after pressing enter when doing a search on the Apps & features Settings page.
  • We fixed an issue where the media buttons on a keyboard connected to the phone over Bluetooth would stop working after Bluetooth had been turned off and back on.
  • We fixed an issue where Settings might sometimes appear blank except for the search box (until it had been closed and reopened).
  • We fixed an issue where the Settings gear would appear pixelated on high-DPI devices when Settings was pinned to Start.
  • We fixed an issue where Settings might hang and then crash after tapping on “Fix Me” or “Start\Stop Insider preview Builds” on the Windows Insider Program Settings page.
  • We fixed an issue where Settings would crash on the Sign-in options page if you tapped “I forgot my pin”, set it up again, then tapped “remove”.
  • We fixed an issue where a string saying SystemSettings.ViewModel.SettingEntry was unexpectedly displayed on the Narrator Settings page.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in the Messaging app icon on the lock screen sometimes appearing as a red X as opposed to the expected message bubble.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in videos captured with the Camera app unexpectedly appearing with a greyed-out thumbnail in Photos.
  • We fixed an issue on recent builds resulting in cellular connectivity sometimes unexpectedly not working after a reboot for Insiders on certain cellular networks.
  • We fixed an issue with certain connected Bluetooth peripherals resulting in Groove Music not resuming playing music after ending a Skype call.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the Podcast app being muted after the app had been suspended.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not being able to read the list of possible tones that could be picked from ringtones when selecting an alarm tone in the Alarms & Clock app.

What's New:

Microsoft Edge can now read aloud: Microsoft Edge will now read aloud* your e-books just like on PC! Just press the “read aloud” button at the top-right corner after opening one of your e-books and listen to Microsoft Edge read you the book with focus on the line and the word being read along. This feature is also extended to all non-store EPUB files opened using Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft Edge and emoji: Microsoft Edge will now display full-color, updated emoji by default on websites that use emoji.

Introducing Collections in Feedback Hub:  A few months ago, we asked you what was one of your biggest pieces of feedback about the Feedback Hub. You said, “too many duplicate pieces of feedback!”. We love working with you to create a better experience for everyone using the Feedback Hub, so today we are so happy to announce Collections. Collections are now live in Feedback Hub starting with app version 1.1612.10251.0.
collection-icon.png

A Collection groups together feedback for similar problems and suggestions into single items that bring together all the voices who expressed that sentiment in one place. All of your individual voices will be amplified when your feedback and upvotes are joined together into collections, and you’ll be able to see just how big your voice can become. Same as with individual feedback, you’ll be able to upvote Collections, upload screenshots to show the engineering team a problem you’re seeing or a suggestion you have, and comment on the feedback with others.

New mono audio option in Ease of Access settings: Visually impaired users use a screen reader application to read content on their phones and information to them, and frequently use headphones or earbuds to hear their device when in meetings or having conversations with others. When doing so, they generally use only one earbud to hear what’s being said from their device in one ear so the other ear is free to hear conversations and sounds around them. That can cause them to not hear sounds that may be directed to the other earbud. In order to change the sound to be mono mode and so all audio is directed to both ears, they used to need a physical earphone adapter. You can now switch your audio to mono straight from the new Audio section under Settings > Ease of Access > Other options.

Known issues:

• Speech packs will be unable to download on this build.
  • The ninja cat emoji display in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
  • Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
  • Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode. If this happens, try quickly locking and unlocking your phone.
  • ADDED: Some Insiders have reported hitting error 80080008 when trying to download/install the update. We’ve discovered the cause of this issue and a fix is in the works, but won’t be available until a newer build is delivered. If you’re hitting this error currently, the workaround is simple: reboot your device and then re-scan for updates. For more, see this forum post.

Read More: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/02/02/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15025-mobile/#JOvYom6rpJGEPAjX.97

WOW! Microsoft just released a new update to Remote Desktop Preview and what a change.

So, for a very long time Windows Remote Desktop Preview app, the Universal App version to the Windows 8 App simply called: Remote Desktop, had updates but it never fixed core issues like the cursor sliding uncontrollably, Up, down, Left, right arrows was sending numbers, too a long time to connect and adjust the desktop, and more... Over the year, only very small updated where released. They fixed the sliding cursor issue after well over 8 month of waiting, so now it is usuable to some level but all the big issues are still there.

This new update is a massive re-write, it looks like. The app has as new features/fixes:

• transparent tile
  • you can have multiple connections and switch between them instantly
  • you have an option to prevent screen time out
  • the app opens quicker
  • the app connects faster, and makes the desktop ready to use faster
  • The keyboard arrow key via the blue knob and Up and down arrow on top of the keyboard now operates normally.
  • You can make connection groups
  • You can connect to admin session
  • Define custom resolution (or have it set to automatic)
  • Define custom DPI (or have it set to automatic)
  • improvement on mouse control/tracking

So Maps got a big update, now Remote Desktop Preview. Both are out of nowhere updates, and I love it. More please :D

I just discovered that the double tap to wake, you can now do it fast. It's been so long you can only do it with 2x slow taps (at least with my phone) I never though Microsoft would adjust it, and just go "done by designed", like switching apps (press and hold Back button), which is, in my opinion, too long.

It is very nice to see all these improvements popping up for Windows 10 Mobile. Of course, there is a lot more work to be done, but nonetheless, it is exciting to see progress in making the platform better.

So based on the screenshot from the new GUI that Microsoft will be working on in Redstone 3 called: Project Neon, we can see:

windows10projectneon-100708047-orig.jpg

That the task bar is white.

You know what else is white?

The "Continuum 2.0" which I am calling, which Microsoft revealed in a presentation, where there was an actual desktop, and multi-window support, if you remember the video.

Project Neon is for Redstone 3. So I am thinking that the new Continuum will be coming with Redstone 3. This is reinforced with the fact that in an interview with Neowin at Microsoft's NexTech Africa conference, Dona Sarkar, chief of the Windows Insider Program, said that the new Continuum will be released when it is the right time. In other words: When it will be ready.

We do know that these features are very important, so we want to unveil them at the right time for the audience... For us, it's all about the quality. We don't want to add features when we don't love the quality of the build yet, so we'd rather focus on building up quality than figuring out when to roll features.

https://www.neowin.net/news/continuum-improvements-and-night-light-are-coming-to-windows-10-mobile-at-the-right-time

Anyway, just my analysis.

New Windows 10 Mobile - Build 15031

What's New?

-> New Share icon! Very exciting.

What's fix/improved:

• We fixed an issue in recent Insider builds where certain calendar appointments could result in a Mail crash with every sync. This issue could also result in issues sending and receiving SMS.
  • We fixed an issue where pausing a streaming track, for example in Groove Music, would result in no more re-buffering when playback is resumed, leading to choppy playback audio.
  • We fixed an issue where text copied from a PDF in Microsoft Edge couldn’t be pasted.
  • We fixed an issue where the ninja cats on the People and Animals page of the keyboard were displaying in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
  • We also added the rainbow flag emoji to the keyboard. You can find it in the transportation and weather section.
  • We’ve updated Keyboard Settings so that “Switch back to letters after I type an emoticon” is now off by default.
  • We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode.
  • We fixed an issue where, if the phone was connected to the PC, deleting an entire folder (without opening the folder) on the phone from the PC’s file explorer might not result in the folder actually being deleted on the phone. We also fixed an issue where (still connected to the PC) the phone might freeze for a short while after cancelling copying content to the SD card.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in some games with an explicit option to “exit game” unexpectedly taking a long time to close.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in some games were drawing up and to the left offscreen in recent flights.
  • We fixed an issue where receiving a notification while the phone was in your pocket could unexpectedly result in the screen turning on.
  • We’ve improved reliability when handling malformed Gifs in XAML-based apps.

Known issues:

• Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
  • Going to Settings > Devices will crash the Settings app. You will be unable to pair a Bluetooth device. Already paired devices should continue working.
  • Bluetooth quick action in Action Center does not work.
  • Continuum will not work when attempting to connect wirelessly. However, using Continuum with a dock should work normally.
  • Wireless display functionality is not working (Miracast).

Read more: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/02/09/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15031-mobile/#D5RhbBwztihtGXKk.97

Another thing to notice: The latest Mail app got now icons/images next to e-mails. It is actually nicer than what it sounds. Kinda like Android mail apps. It makes it easier to identify e-mail, I find. I tried it since yesterday. Especially that I get e-mails notification on new posts on thread I participate in, it make it nicer to seperate forum notifications and other e-mails.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Another thing to notice: The latest Mail app got now icons/images next to e-mails. It is actually nicer than what it sounds. Kinda like Android mail apps. It makes it easier to identify e-mail, I find. I tried it since yesterday. Especially that I get e-mails notification on new posts on thread I participate in, it make it nicer to seperate forum notifications and other e-mails.

I noticed this as well yesterday, I like it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

So based on the screenshot from the new GUI that Microcosmic will be working on in Redstone 3 called: Project Neon, we can see

Microcosmic?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Microcosmic?

/s

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 2 weeks later...

No updates on the blog ... curious to whats going on ...

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

15 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

No updates on the blog ... curious to whats going on ...

Oh, I believe they are busy with the bug bash of Windows 10

Microsoft shows Windows 10 Mobile Continuum running with Mercedes E-Class at European Police Congress.

Mercedes-Windows-10-Mobile-Continuum-Pol

Mercedes-Windows-10-Mobile-Continuum-Police-1031x580.png

During the event, Microsoft presented Windows 10 Mobile’s Continuum in a Mercedes-Benz E-Class Police Edition, running HybridForms. The setup used a Lumia 950 XL docked into the car to utilise the in-car infotainment system as a display and turn it into a full PC experience. This allows police to use the apps that they need to do their important jobs, such as HybridForms.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/microsoft-germany-shows-windows-10-mobile-integrating-with-mercedes-e-class-at-european-police-congress

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Oh, I believe they are busy with the bug bash of Windows 10

Yeah I am sure they are but its nice to see regular updates on their progress ... *shrugs*

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Yeah I am sure they are but its nice to see regular updates on their progress ... *shrugs*

Well both OS shares many of the same bugs... Many of the issue I see on Windows 10 latest build, I have it on my phone with the latest build. And they are annoying. The Action Center button are totally broken (although they work somewhat on my phone), and Bluetooth panel is not accessible (crashes Settings panel), same for connecting to Miracast. And I have many more issues in Windows 10 Mobile. I just hope that they are working hard to fix those issues.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Well both OS shares many of the same bugs... Many of the issue I see on Windows 10 latest build, I have it on my phone with the latest build. And they are annoying. The Action Center button are totally broken (although they work somewhat on my phone), and Bluetooth panel is not accessible (crashes Settings panel), same for connecting to Miracast. And I have many more issues in Windows 10 Mobile. I just hope that they are working hard to fix those issues.

I reported the same issues on this build, not sure why so much broke this time around but I am hoping that the bug bash fixes a good number of things.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I reported the same issues on this build, not sure why so much broke this time around but I am hoping that the bug bash fixes a good number of things.

Hope so too. But there was no Windows 10 Mobile bug bash from what i saw (unless I am an idiot and complete missed it).. I mean for Windows 10 Mobile specific bugs. Hope they get fixed in any case. I just reported like crazy on the feedback hub, I hope others do to.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15043 for Mobile

It looks as there is no major updates for mobile this time around just bug fixes.

I am happy at the mentioned [below] changes and updates are one I have have the most issue with from the last build :)

Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15042 for PC and Build 15043 for Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. We have discovered a bug that impacts our ability to release this build to PCs running 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10 Insider Preview builds. Because the majority of Insiders in the Fast ring have PCs running 64-bit (x64) – we decided to go ahead and release this build with 32-bit PCs blocked until our next flight. UPDATE: PCs running 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10 Insider Preview builds should be able to receive this build just fine! We fixed the bug.

Changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

• We fixed the issue causing the Settings app to crash when navigating to Settings > Devices and you should be able to pair a Bluetooth device without any issue. The Bluetooth quick action from Action Center should also now work again. This issue could have also resulted in decreased Flashlight quick action reliability.
  • Using Continuum to connect to a display wirelessly should also work as expected.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in screen rotation sometimes unexpectedly not working on the last Insider flight.
  • We fixed an issue where live tiles were not updating some apps such as Outlook Mail and Calendar.
  • We fixed an issue where under Settings > Update & security > Phone update Insiders might see the text “Some Settings are managed by your organization” even though the phone wasn’t being managed by an organization.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights where you couldn’t paste or drag a folder from the PC to your phone
  • We fixed an issue where tapping the link for a website with an associated app would crash Microsoft Edge and not open the associated app.
  • We fixed an issue where downloads from Microsoft Edge directly to an SD card might unexpectedly use space on the local phone storage as well.
  • We fixed an issue where the keyboard might dismiss after a second when opening a new tab in Microsoft Edge and quickly starting to type.
  • We’ve fixed an issue that could result in your personal typing dictionary being unexpectedly deleted and having to train the keyboard from scratch.
  • We fixed an issue where, during the download of a phone update, after disconnecting then reconnecting to Wi-Fi due to low reception you might get an error saying the download needs a better connection to continue, despite currently being connected to a good Wi-Fi connection.
  • We’ve improved the video playback experience when using Continuum for phone wirelessly over Miracast.
  • The icon for Windows Insider Program under Settings > Update & security should be no longer a square.

Known issues for Mobile

I have already downloaded this and it is updating as I type this out so i have no idea how the build is just yet.

If you have issues with the download just restart your phone and try again, this worked for me. ;) 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

MUCH needed bug fixes on mobile. There is A LOT of bug fixes in this build, which aren't listed.

Bluetooth is now easy to connect (same for adding/removing, which I test every build) with my car, and works, without any fuss (although Cortana still needs to be passed as a phone call, else nothing comes out). Flash light now stays on all the time when you turn it on. Action Center buttons works now, amongst other things.

App switching is still very slow on my side when you are using the camera app for some reason. Its fine with other apps, though.

There is a minor performance issue with Maps, where it shutters as you move the map in flicks.. but nothing that ruins the experience.

I did need to restart the phone after the update to get everything working, and Maps and Groove both crashes the first time starting them up after upgrading, but now they don't crash at startup anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview  Build 15047 for Mobile

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

• Adding a new card / paying with an existing card works again Microsoft Wallet.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the play/pause buttons when watching videos in Microsoft Edge taking two taps to work immediately after opening the video full screen.
  • We fixed an issue where the Data Usage page in Settings might be unexpectedly missing info about cellular data usage.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in certain characters on the Polish keyboard not working in Continuum when typing in the Microsoft Edge address bar.
  • Cortana’s background is now black rather than the previous dark grey.
  • We fixed an issue where after some time the -word option might stop appear in the candidate pane for words added to the typing dictionary.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in task switcher being unexpectedly slower to launch in recent flights.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in a flicker on certain devices, such as the Lumia 950, when interacting with the Maps app after rotating the phone into landscape mode.
  • We fixed an issue where dragging the position indicator in the video progress slider in Microsoft Edge would back to 0 upon release.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in notifications from SIM 2 on dual SIM phones not appearing in the Action Center.

Known issues for Mobile

• Speech packs may be unable to download on this build.

Not much this time around, a few bug fixes. I have noticed that Edge does not work on continuum [at least for me] and I have reported this.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15051 for Mobile

Hello Windows Insiders!

Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15051 for Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

• We appreciate several of you sending us feedback on this and last week, we focused on fixing issues that resulted in frequent reboots for some Insiders on Build 15047. If you continue to experience unexpected reboots, be sure to send in feedback to us via Feedback Hub so the team can take a look!
  • We fixed an issue resulting in certain inbox apps, such as Calculator, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, Groove Music, no longer being present on the system after a hard reset.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Groove Music not resuming playback after ending a phone call if the app became suspended during the call.
  • We fixed an issue where periodically attaching larger photos to a message in Messaging wouldn’t work.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights where, in certain apps, if you had selected editable text and pressed Shift on the keyboard, the keyboard would crash.
  • We fixed an issue impacting certain UWP apps using pivots, such as the News app, where the pivot control could end up becoming offset after quickly swiping through the pivots.
  • We fixed an issue where asking Cortana to read a text message over Bluetooth with many back to back emoji would result in high pitched distorted noise.
  • We fixed an issue where after upgrading some Insiders were unexpectedly seeing the full QWERTY keyboard on the lock screen instead of the pin pad.

Known issues for Mobile

• We have discovered a bug that causes background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive’s camera roll sync feature. Please double check your photos have synced to OneDrive on the latest builds. We’ve got a fix for this issue coming in an upcoming build where background tasks will run again and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive as expected.
  • If your device experiences an unexpected reboot, in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost. We’re actively investigating this issue. If you believe you’ve hit this, please up-vote this feedback item In Feedback Hub.
  • Speech packs may be unable to download on this build.

Some good bug fixes here.

I will download tomorrow.

No build for the PC side.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15051 for Mobile

Some good bug fixes here.

I will download tomorrow.

No build for the PC side.

Niiice!