LS3 - The 6.2L Mini ITX Gaming Machine

2 hours ago, mr.squishy said:

I was thinking something stylized, maybe something along these lines, but more subtle:

rgybyJy.jpg

I'll have something coming :)

12 hours ago, mr.squishy said:

I was thinking something stylized, maybe something along these lines, but more subtle:

rgybyJy.jpg

i was more thinking that but diagonals but something like that would look awesome with some red mesh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i was more thinking that but diagonals but something like that would look awesome with some red mesh

I'll give you guys a hint xD

Diagonal slots (rounded of course), with the metal being red and the mesh being a semi gloss black.

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

Diagonal slots (rounded of course), with the metal being red and the mesh being a semi gloss black.

Why not flip that color scheme, have that red glaring through the slots =]

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

3 minutes ago, derick90 said:

I do like me some hidden accents. 

2 hours ago, byalexandr said:

id prefer fliped that but if thats what you are doing that would look pretty awesome too, do as you like it because its your case :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

41 minutes ago, derick90 said:

I'm liking that idea... :D

36 minutes ago, bear-in-the-air said:

I do like me some hidden accents. 

19 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id prefer fliped that but if thats what you are doing that would look pretty awesome too, do as you like it because its your case :)

Message received :)

• 2 weeks later...

56ff1fb336c11_Bannerv2.png.2535e86dc7c4c

Update!

It's been a while but I finally had some time to do some work on the exterior. I ended up deciding to sort of sticking to the original exterior design (just a bit different), which I know some of you will enjoy :D

Anyhow, I got stuck at a part because I was out of epoxy glue, but for now this is how it looks:

DSC_1245.thumb.jpg.d52d6858dc837bff82a9e

DSC_1244.thumb.jpg.4f5729073ed48b19dbe09

Still needs to be finished and cleaned up and what not, but it's getting there (no idea why the right rear is distorted like that in the photo btw, it's not like that IRL). I thought I'd just update you guys since it's been a couple weeks or so.

And to add to this, I also made a drive bracket that sits in between the GPU and PSU, looks pretty sharp:

DSC_1246.thumb.jpg.b6341ff74392bbf355c87

And here it is with the SSD installed:

DSC_1247.thumb.jpg.8fdc011e13659844aa8b0

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll try and get some more work done on it as I hate to see it sit there and rust like that...

Thanks in advance, @byalexandr

Cool looking exterior so far! I'm impressed. 

Also, the inside of that chassis looks really busy. I'm guessing that's cause it is. 

I used to be quite active here.

8 hours ago, byalexandr said:

56ff1fb336c11_Bannerv2.png.2535e86dc7c4c

Update!

It's been a while but I finally had some time to do some work on the exterior. I ended up deciding to sort of sticking to the original exterior design (just a bit different), which I know some of you will enjoy :D

Anyhow, I got stuck at a part because I was out of epoxy glue, but for now this is how it looks:

DSC_1245.thumb.jpg.d52d6858dc837bff82a9e

DSC_1244.thumb.jpg.4f5729073ed48b19dbe09

Still needs to be finished and cleaned up and what not, but it's getting there (no idea why the right rear is distorted like that in the photo btw, it's not like that IRL). I thought I'd just update you guys since it's been a couple weeks or so.

And to add to this, I also made a drive bracket that sits in between the GPU and PSU, looks pretty sharp:

DSC_1246.thumb.jpg.b6341ff74392bbf355c87

And here it is with the SSD installed:

DSC_1247.thumb.jpg.8fdc011e13659844aa8b0

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll try and get some more work done on it as I hate to see it sit there and rust like that...

Thanks in advance, @byalexandr

awsome keep up the good work

I don't like the top, it looks like a cheese grater :S

Great work though man, loving the rest.

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?

13 hours ago, AlienALX said:

Well it needs as much ventilation as possible xD

Remember though, it's not painted yet and that's bare steel. It'll end up a powder coat like finish probably, maybe just black to keep it simple. It's still too far to tell though.

You still need to let the Power supply breathe, otherwise you will kill it.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

6 hours ago, mr.squishy said:

You still need to let the Power supply breathe, otherwise you will kill it.

It can be flipped around, I just have the fan facing out right now since I don't have the exterior put on.

Edit: And there is around 15mm of space between the top of the CPU cooler and the PSU, and with both drawing air in from the same space I made sure to use a relatively good front fan.

23 hours ago, AlienALX said:

A real pretty cheese grater though!

I love DIYs. Looking forward to seeing how it finishes up :)

COPPER THEMED SCRATCH BUILD: PROJECT CUFEC IN PROGRESS 

Banner v2.png

Small update, I went and got some paint at Home Depot today, as well as some epoxy to finish up the exterior. I didn't have enough time to get anything done today, but I figured I would share that the color scheme will be kind of like the original design. That is, semi-gloss black ventilation and matte gray everything else (but the power button and screws are still black as well). So that's that, hopefully you guys will like the color scheme, as it seemed you all enjoyed the original look I had in mind.

I'll try and maybe get some stuff done during the week, but it will most definitely get done this coming weekend if anything. I have to study for my SAT and AP tests coming up and all so it's gonna get slow, although luckily it's nearing completion. That's all for now, leave your thoughts if you have any. Thanks, @byalexandr

2 minutes ago, blnswamy said:

thats a awesome build .. nice custom case

Thank you!

thank you for not doing the red thing, i really didnt like that, red and black is way over done anyway :)

Builds:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

thank you for not doing the red thing, i really didnt like that, red and black is way over done anyway :)

I wasn't feeling it either :) I think this color scheme will look nice.

Banner v2.png

Ladies and gentlemen, LS3 is now near completion.

DSC_1273.jpg

DSC_1274.jpg

So uh, I guess I'll start with what I did today. First I painted the mesh a semi gloss black, and the 'shell' a satin granite gray:

DSC_1267.jpg

DSC_1268.jpg

Then I glued in the front mesh using epoxy, which will hold it quite well for a long long time (excuse the blurry photo here):

DSC_1269.jpg

And in this photo I showed how the exterior is basically a cover over the frame:

DSC_1271.jpg

The top mesh is held in through two screws in the rear that attach to the frame, and a friction fit with the rest of the shell in the front (which holds very well, you can't pull the front part of the mesh out with your fingers or anything, I did it this way to minimize the amount of screws you can see, or at least in the right places).

And here you can see that is just slides on and screws into place. The screws aren't really even necessary, I had such tight tolerances that it hold on it's own, but the screws keep it in place:

DSC_1272.jpg

And that's it for the exterior I suppose. Looks pretty good to me, let me know what you think.

And! If you're worried about temperatures, here are my idle temps:

Temps.PNG

The GPU is at 41C because the memory constantly runs at 1400MHz for some reason, I think it has to do with either OneDrive or my dual monitors. But I can assure you it's getting airflow :D

I'll do some testing in various games and record the temps, but that's all for now. Up next on the to do list is:

-Get rid of that horrid looking fan sticker so you don't see a silver disc through the front mesh.

-Work out a better system for the power button, as it's near impossible to plug it in. Something I should have thought of more thoroughly, but something I will fix.

-And get an R9 Nano, but that will be in a couple of months.

Oh and I upgraded the i3 4170 to an i5 4570! Yay! No more bottlenecking or anything :)

Thanks in advance, 

@byalexandr

Looks amazing, i still liked the red idea better but this is a close second. You should have some vinyl cut for the side(like a logo or something), i think it would add a little more flare. Maybe a stripe.

17 minutes ago, Dark_Fuzzy said:

Looks amazing, i still liked the red idea better but this is a close second. You should have some vinyl cut for the side(like a logo or something), i think it would add a little more flare. Maybe a stripe.

I'm liking the vinyl logo, probably black too, maybe like Sapphire or something.

Back with some temperature results!

I played BF4 for about a half hour, and once it reached equilibrium I hit PrntScrn.

Still very respectable temps, more than fine for me, especially since the machine is still quiet even like this:

crop dis.png

I was surprised that the GPU would struggle a bit more than the CPU, I thought the CPU would be starving for air or something, but I guess the 4570 is a pretty cool running chip. Granted, it was only running at 80% usage, but I have a fan curve set up to start ramping up after 60C. The GPU did it's own thing, and I guess it wanted to stay at 74C so it did, again not very loud at all.

22 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I'm liking the vinyl logo, probably black too, maybe like Sapphire or something.

If you have any sponsors it would look nice.