Asus 34 in curved ultrawide PG348Q unboxing

Ardacer

Nice house

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Holy Shiiiit! Been waiting years for anyone to release a monitor of these specs! :o

I'm gonna seel some stuff and get this ASAP! you'll have to let us know how it performs xD

It has a nice crisp image with fantastic viewing angles. And it's very large. Takes a lot of space on your desk. It has an in-built FPS monitor :D 

So far I haven't encountered any issues so I'm happy :)

I don't really have any equipment to tell you on a professional level how it performs, but compared to a 24 inch full HD it's like a window into a new world... 

At any rate I think it's probably worth the extra over X34 due to quality control issues? Maybe? Idk.. X34 looks a bit more "conservative" but this beast is insanely beautiful.

On the side note, I posted all the images of everything because I wanted you to see EVERYTHING inside the box.

So fcking jealous right now haha O.o

I used to have an LG 29EA93 21:9 29" QHD Monitor for a year until my cat killed it :/ so I know how decent 21:9 monitors are.

Using an Asus MX279H at the minute so I really can't wait to get my hands on the ROG.

I'm impressed that Asus have done the right thing and provided HDMI, Displayport & USB cables. Thanks for putting up the images....want it even more now :x

I'm with you on that the X34 did have issues and Asus have paced themselves and released the ROG when it's ready not when they've got a competitive advantage.

I've tweeted Linus to get a review up for this ASAP just to see what he thinks and obviously how ROG vs Predator pans out. I'm sure the ROG will take the victory :D

I'm planning on getting a racing setup so I can use this for surround gaming rather than have 3 bezels.

34 minutes ago, Ron-Burgundy-198 said:

So fcking jealous right now haha O.o

I used to have an LG 29EA93 21:9 29" QHD Monitor for a year until my cat killed it :/ so I know how decent 21:9 monitors are.

Using an Asus MX279H at the minute so I really can't wait to get my hands on the ROG.

I'm impressed that Asus have done the right thing and provided HDMI, Displayport & USB cables. Thanks for putting up the images....want it even more now :x

I'm with you on that the X34 did have issues and Asus have paced themselves and released the ROG when it's ready not when they've got a competitive advantage.

I've tweeted Linus to get a review up for this ASAP just to see what he thinks and obviously how ROG vs Predator pans out. I'm sure the ROG will take the victory :D

I'm planning on getting a racing setup so I can use this for surround gaming rather than have 3 bezels.

A review would be most welcome.  I can't find anything yet - but of course it is very early. :-)

Kol

Ooooooo it's pretty! And I'm jealous I didn't get any cool stickers with my PG279Q's

:( now I wish I'd gotten that one instead of 2 of those

9 hours ago, Ardacer said:

http://imgur.com/a/GPaBX

Some pics of the unboxing of my new asus! 

The thing is a perfect ultrawide. Nuff said. Really. I can't literally find anything wrong with it. Fortunately I haven't experienced any factory faults or such that plague acer x34.

If only it didn't come in disgusting "Plasma" Copper (WTF?!?)

Acer X34 it is ;)

Hows the backlight bleed and IPS glow? Good quality control?

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

17 minutes ago, GorgnakThatBarbarian said:

If only it didn't come in disgusting "Plasma" Copper (WTF?!?)

Acer X34 it is ;)

Pretty sure it comes in another colour too. Which is like a grey.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

9 minutes ago, vong said:

Well in that case I'm sold XD! Time to sell all my possessions on ebay. Literally that's like my only gripe with this monitor, the copper.

37 minutes ago, vong said:

I don't believe it does, I think that was the early prototype they showed off. I could be wrong though.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

3 hours ago, Kryptyx said:

Hows the backlight bleed and IPS glow? Good quality control?

Tiny, TINY amount of bleed in the upper left corner - may well be my imagination. No other issues.

Just a quick update to anyone in the UK who's looking to buy the PG348Q

I just spoke to Overclockers, they had a small shipment of units on 29/1 and they've gone out to pre-order customers.

They're overdue a shipment of 24 units today, that didn't arrive yesterday and they've got 20 pre-orders out of 24 to send out.

So just to be clear the monitor's already released but they're only sending out small batches to re-sellers

Thanks for the note.  I'll be putting in an order in about a week. :-)

Scan still says 22nd so keeping an eye on both.

Kol

Gorgeous panel, glad you didn't run into any issues with it.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Specs wise its the same as the Predator X34 +1ms of response time. Should be fantastic.

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2016 at 9:35 AM, GorgnakThatBarbarian said:

Well in that case I'm sold XD! Time to sell all my possessions on ebay. Literally that's like my only gripe with this monitor, the copper.

Just use a Vesa mount, all the copper is on the stand.

So jealous. I can't find these ANYWHERE. It's like they haven't been released yet. Just a few small batches sent out and they are pretty much out of stock completely. What was the full ticket price if I may ask?

• 3 weeks later...