Need for Speed (2015) - PC Reveal trailer - 4k support, no FPS cap, manual transmission, release date

TrigrH
2 hours ago, trogdor10 said:

Meh, underground 2 will still be the best nfs game in my book.  

Its soo sad when you back to a game THAT old and the graphics are better than you might have thought and the gameplay and features are leaps and bounds over the current games.

fek I hope it has proper triple monitor support - if its another Project cars ill be mad

for those running less than three monitors. obverse attached GIF. the one with the correct dash angle (Assetto Corsa) has genuine triple screen support. the one that looks like the car has been warped across the space-time continuum (Project Cars) does NOT support triple monitors.

triple.gif

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

27 minutes ago, Cheddle said:

fek I hope it has proper triple monitor support - if its another Project cars ill be mad

for those running less than three monitors. obverse attached GIF. the one with the correct dash angle (Assetto Corsa) has genuine triple screen support. the one that looks like the car has been warped across the space-time continuum (Project Cars) does NOT support triple monitors.

Look like it "supports" triple monitors to me... they just didn't add a mode where it expects them to be folded in like a cube.  To be honest, I've only ever seen triple monitors laid out "flat" in front of the user, or with a slight bend, not 90° (but that is really cool :))

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 11/02/2016 at 8:17 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Wait, why is "manual transmission" in the title like an unexpected feature...?  Have I missed something awful?

Because console users don't know manual (stereotype)

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

On 11/02/2016 at 8:29 AM, Dabombinable said:

Lol, right back to Mid Town Madness 3, which came with my original Xbox, you had the option of going auto or manual. So not including it would have just been laziness (and kind of stupid as I find driving manual in any Xbox game is far better than manual).

Ah yes! I remember that game, it came with my original Xbox too. Funny enough that game is made by DICE who is now at EA.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Yay

Spoiler

CPU: I7-4790k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z97X-Gaming 3 

Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866 16GB, (2x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte Geforce G1 Gaming 980Ti 

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 (Black/Red) Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 3TB 

PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Look like it "supports" triple monitors to me... they just didn't add a mode where it expects them to be folded in like a cube.  To be honest, I've only ever seen triple monitors laid out "flat" in front of the user, or with a slight bend, not 90° (but that is really cool :))

Anything over 45 degrees is crazy! you could make a monitor box lol...  really the correct way to set up triples is to set them at whatever angle results in your eyes looking perpendicular to the center of each screen when looking directly at them. anything else is "wrong" and will distort the image.

If your small screens are far away, the angle is negligible. 

If your large screens are close to your face, the angle is huge.

Personally I have 22inch screens at 45 degrees to each other

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

PC hardware requirements announced:

Minimum Requirements for 720p30 at low settings:

Processor: Intel Core i3-4130 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
Memory: 6GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 2GB of memory
Hard Drive: 30 GB free space

Recommended Requirements for 1080p60 at high settings:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB, AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 4GB of memory

Supported Wheels

Logitech G27
Logitech G29
Logitech G920
Thrustmaster TX
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T300
Thrustmaster T500
Fanatec CSR

http://www.needforspeed.com/en_AU/news/pc-specs-wheel-list?utm_campaign=nfs_hd_ww_ne_eml_esp_nfs-rtl-1-main&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&cid=1186&ts=1455840323515

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Just now, TW1ST3R said:

PC hardware requirements announced:

Minimum Requirements for 720p30 at low settings:

Processor: Intel Core i3-4130 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
Memory: 6GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 2GB of memory

Recommended Requirements for 1080p60 at high settings:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB, AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 4GB of memory

Supported Wheels

Logitech G27
Logitech G29
Logitech G920
Thrustmaster TX
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T300
Thrustmaster T500
Fanatec CSR

http://www.needforspeed.com/en_AU/news/pc-specs-wheel-list?utm_campaign=nfs_hd_ww_ne_eml_esp_nfs-rtl-1-main&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&cid=1186&ts=1455840323515

2GB vRAM for 720i? Yeah I think its not going to be optimized that well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

2GB vRAM for 720i? Yeah I think its not going to be optimized that well.

Yes, optimisation looks to be a little less than ideal, but if the 'low' settings are what the consoles are running on, then the difference only lies in the resolution with XBone at 900p30 and PS4 at 1080p30.  A little bit disappointing that the 750ti isn't at least matching the XBone's res, but not completely terrible.  So if the hypothetical low settings are the same as the console settings the game should still look damn good.  I played a bit of the PS4 beta and I must say I was impressed by how good it looked and how smoothly it ran.

High settings are a little more disappointing, but I'm not surprised to be honest.  Frostbite has never been handled very well from a PC perspective for Need for Speed.  The Run was an absolute turd and Rivals was bad.  It's a shame it's not up to the same performance standard as Battlefront though, that was handled very well as far as optimisation is concerned IMO.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Well.

I'm gonna need to clean my three monitors, and clean out my 970. Time to make it cry with this game on 5760x1080

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The game is confirmed trash whhhhhhhhhhhho cares

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

On 2/11/2016 at 4:54 PM, TrigrH said:

yes. and WTF:

B27PgN.png

..what are you 8? These have been things within games for the longest damn time

Unbunch your panties.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, Nexxus said:

..what are you 8? These have been things within games for the longest damn time

Unbunch your panties.

we've been over this.  It's just a strange place to have them in the menu

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.