Do the Gtx 960 keep being a good Gpu to play most of the games in 1080P 60Hz?

T-Aero
1 minute ago, KemoKa said:

Dogecoin, Litecoin, Pandacoin, all sorts of cryptocurrencies suddenly took off in Q1 of 2014, and mining them on GPUs was far more effective and often more lucrative than mining Bitcoin with conventional hardware. But the hashing algorithms worked so well on AMD's GCN architecture through the OpenCL API (because no one is going to code a CUDA application for scrypt mining - that's expensive) that pricing of GCN cards went through the ceiling, Newegg was price-gouging 290Xs to the point where a reference card was over $800. It was awful. But it was all because the newer Radeon cards were vastly superior at OpenCL math compute and hashing algorithms than Nvidia's Kepler architecture back then. How does that factor into Maxwell today? Nvidia missed the bandwagon and everyone was hoping Maxwell would be good at hashing too, but the craze ended as quickly as it began in about april, and Nvidia wasn't going to sell their maxwell cards for scrypt mining. Not that they would have anyway - it turns out they weren't the best for that either.

It was really tough to recommend AMD cards for a long time during that period because they were so vastly expensive, but it reinforced just how powerful the cards actually are in terms of raw computational horsepower.

Wow. Thats really cool.

1 minute ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Thats neato, I wish I could've got it on that.

Yup. A guy bought 2 7970s for cheap, each made over 1000$ - payed his next 2 upgrades

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

2 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

He also neglected to mention that the driver came the day after that bench was done and things are vastly different now. Fanboys like to ignore common sense and apparently 4-5 days for a driver and patches of a new game is heresy.

Fanboys also like to ignore older GPU despite them still being very good for something that's well over 6 years old....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL