Would you ever take your camera to war?

Many cameras and camcorders have been seen used by many pro photographers ever since the civil war. my question is, would you ever bring your precious camera to war or to riots or anything etc.

Canon+L2+camcorder-normal+lens.jpg

1994 Korea

post-20595-0-51823800-1378675500.png

iraq 2003

but would you? 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

ide carry a quarter million phantom flex camera for sweet slo mo videos

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

realistically I have thought about this, not really with war but with riots I wouldn't wanna bring my main camera out there to get hurt. but a $250 d30 I could easilly bring out there in the heat of battle without so much as a wink of protection of the camera in mind 

#KilledMyWife 

I suppose, a lot of war photographers/videographers would do it for reasons other than the money, but I'm sure that they are making enough to cover their equipment, travel and living expenses. I think worrying about yourself would take a higher priority though.

I do more studio/location stuff so I'm not really familiar with the photojournalism side of things, at least in a business sense.

There are frequent riots where I live though, I don't think I would attempt to bring my 5d3 to any of them, just wouldn't make enough money for it to be worthwhile and I'm not 100% sure my insurance would cover me for it, will actually have to look into this now...

Have a few friends in the industry who go to them to grab video for the news, been down a couple of times, we were shooting on a Z1 so the loss wouldn't have been that great. Definitely have no desire to bring my own equipment near any of them though. :lol:

Go pro on the chest and helmet make a pretty good experience video.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Being a war photojournalist would be an absolutely amazing opportunity that there is no way I could turn down, and yes I would not even think a second about not bringing my precious 5D Mark II with lenses to war.

I most definitely would bring my main camera there, it would be an awesome opportunity, and I would want my best foot forward.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Being a war photojournalist would be an absolutely amazing opportunity that there is no way I could turn down, and yes I would not even think a second about not bringing my precious 5D Mark II with lenses to war.

I most definitely would bring my main camera there, it would be an awesome opportunity, and I would want my best foot forward.

Let me rephrase that, 

you are going backpacking the day after your insurance runs out on your camera so no free repairs. would you bring your cam on the trip and i'm talking about hopping over creeks and climbing trees kind of backpacking

#KilledMyWife 

Let me rephrase that, 

you are going backpacking the day after your insurance runs out on your camera so no free repairs. would you bring your cam on the trip and i'm talking about hopping over creeks and climbing trees kind of backpacking

Yep, I would. I'd want the tools to do the best that I could. If I happen to damage my camera, I can buy a new one. Besides the point, house insurance covers it, so that will never run out.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Yep, I would. I'd want the tools to do the best that I could. If I happen to damage my camera, I can buy a new one. Besides the point, house insurance covers it, so that will never run out.

cause i'm planning on going backpacking pretty soon and i'm gonna be bringing along a 2001 canon 1d mark I 6.2mp dslr with several 18-55 kit lenses cause I know i'll be breaking several. The 600d with L lens will be staying hardcased at home 

#KilledMyWife 

Why not? My camera's made just for things like that, although I'd rather not go to war at all.

My camera:

6hql.jpg

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Let me rephrase that, 

Yes and I do, that's what it's for...

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

I'd bring my phone. so i can take a picture,upload it/tweet it out, and let my family know im ok.

somehow i feel like it would be more like

This hurts alot *picture* #shotintheass

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"