Japan plans to put kids in Internet "fasting camps", also in the US.

I thought this is what summer camp was for. all in all, I dont have an internet addiction. I can do with out it but Id very much like to have it daily.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Hhm, because going to a building with 600 other kids 5 days a week 8 hours a day is just not social enough for the US government.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I actually think about this. I don't check my email every day by simple principal.

I am however extremely addicted to electricity. I can survive without the internet, but I can't survive without my computer.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Internet camp? What a bunch of bull****. It seems to me that the Japanese Government are trying to correct one of its biggest problems. A aging population, low marriage rate, and low birthrate. I believe Japanese Government are trying too change the behavior of its young people, to be more social with other people. Can't say I'm very surprised by this given Japan has one of the lowest birthrates of developed industrialized countries.

At least they have a high suicide rate to make slightly up for it.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

lol-nope-1.jpg

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

actually, by definition, an adiction is something/someone/some act in which if you do not partake in it, your anxiety and stress levels increase. and you have a great focus on it, if it is not there in the present.

don't know how to explain in english. basically, if you want it when you aren't using/doing/seeing it, and you feel more calmer around it. it is an adiction.

So apparently, by your logic, I'm addicted to eating and drinking enough to fulfill the needs of life...

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I do agree that we need to do something to control how much time Kids are in the Web, but putting them in "Camps" isn't the best solution IMHO.

Kids are on the web cause they don't have anything to do. Their parents just give them an iPad and expect them to be happy. I took an iPad away from a kid before and he started to cry like if someone was murdering him. Why? Cause he didn't want to do anything else except be on the web. He didn't even want to go to the bathroom. He didnt even want to play with his "Best Friend." The point I'm trying to get to is that its not the governments responsibility to monitor a kids Internet usage. It the parents responsibility to make sure she/he learns to interact with other kids face to face.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

So what if they decide to use the internet a lot, it's not harmful is it?

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

This is stupid.

Why are they saying going on facebook is INTERNET addiction?

I check my emails a couple of times an hour, is that internet addiction?

I am using the internet pretty much 100% of the time I'm awake, is that internet addicting because the stuff I do happens to involve the internet?

No it's not.

However, if I had no internet for a few days, I think I would go slightly insane....

Also I choose to be on the internet allot and not go outside and socialize as much as society expects me too.  That is NOT addiction, its a choice as in general I don't like or want to socialize with most people, having an addiction is not a choice (past making your self getting addicted in the first place, smoking etc)

Ummm if everyday u choose not to go outside because the internet is better, you don't have a choice, u just think u do. How is that different from choosing to smoke because it is better than not smoking??

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place