Whats the best support you've ever dealt with?

I made a post a while back about the worst support you've ever dealt with and with that gaining some popularity, time to change it up to success stories! So, whats the best support you've ever dealt with?

Mine would definitely be Amazon support. I've never had any big issues with them, but they were great with how they deal with the customers rather then arguing with them or asking for useless information, they get to the piont and usually always fix the problem. Best story would probably be a pair of headphones I bought from 2 years ago, they broke from wear and tear and were far out of warranty. For fun I just talked to amazon support, not expecting much. But to my surprise they gave me a full refund for it, pretty great stuff. 

Whats the best support stories you've got? 

I've had good support from amazon in the past. Most recently however, my best support came from Lexar. I had a professional series SD card fail for no reason. I contacted them and provided a digital copy of my purchase from 3 years ago. They issued an RMA and I sent the card back to them. In less than a week a brand new replacement was at my doorstep...in Japan. Quick and responsive email communication and fast turn around time on new parts. The card was more expensive to buy but it also comes with a lifetime (as in the lifetime of the owner not of the product) replacement warranty. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

I remember this one game where we were getting trashed and our support Lina started to melt faces and ended up carrying us to victory. kappa

For real though Amazon is legendary. I once bought speakers from them and ended up not liking them. Apparently it's against their policy to return speakers (no idea why). What ended up happening is that not only did they give me a full refund, they also let me keep the speakers. 10/10

6 minutes ago, Papakuma said:

I've had good support from amazon in the past. Most recently however, my best support came from Lexar. I had a professional series SD card fail for no reason. I contacted them and provided a digital copy of my purchase from 3 years ago. They issued an RMA and I sent the card back to them. In less than a week a brand new replacement was at my doorstep...in Japan. Quick and responsive email communication and fast turn around time on new parts. The card was more expensive to buy but it also comes with a lifetime (as in the lifetime of the owner not of the product) replacement warranty. 

Lol that's a standard RMA my friend ( only a bit faster ), some companies even provide you the option to pay $30 and theyInsert other media get the product shipped out ( with one day shipping I think ) If you do not want to pay they also provide standard RMA.

ebuyer (uk) get my vote! never had an issue with issues!

worst.. probably dulux paint services (my shop has deluxe colour tinter). the tinting software was corrupt and wouldn't load.. rand the tech support.. apparently "switching off the pc for 60 seconds resets the switches and relays" i bust out laughing and told him to cut the shit and just sent me a new pc.. i got one the next day :D 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Diamond Multimedia.

Corsair has done me pretty good a few times, pretty painless for stuff like broken drive cages. 

EA is not bad. They want your fucking money and will support you in giving it to them, they want you to come back. Steam should take note. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

13 minutes ago, nithiiyan said:

I made a post a while back about the worst support you've ever dealt with and with that gaining some popularity, time to change it up to success stories! So, whats the best support you've ever dealt with?

Mine would definitely be Amazon support. I've never had any big issues with them, but they were great with how they deal with the customers rather then arguing with them or asking for useless information, they get to the piont and usually always fix the problem. Best story would probably be a pair of headphones I bought from 2 years ago, they broke from wear and tear and were far out of warranty. For fun I just talked to amazon support, not expecting much. But to my surprise they gave me a full refund for it, pretty great stuff. 

best?

amazon

worst?

sony, specifically playstation

18 hours on hold overall that day, and they told me they cant do shit

3 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Diamond Multimedia.

Corsair has done me pretty good a few times, pretty painless for stuff like broken drive cages. 

EA is not bad. They want your fucking money and will support you in giving it to them, they want you to come back. Steam should take note. 

actually yeah ea are good. i had my account hacked.. some scummy asshole hacked my account to install and play the FREE battlefront beta.. the turd also spent all my in game money on battlefield hardline..

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Steam support is really good. I'd highly recommend it to a friend in need!

Sarcasm

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

25 minutes ago, nithiiyan said:

I've had great service from Noctua and EA, Noctua had a new fan at my door sent from them in Austria within a week, and EA had a game refunded within 5 mins of my mistake.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Steam support ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Evga, was talking to their email support today and their responses were fast and in good English! (I hate how this is now one of my deciding factors for good support,  too many companies are going on the cheap and hiring from India or similar. )  Also coolermaster has sent me freebies out when I lost a key for my rapid-i so they get a thumbs up from me. 

2 hours ago, GoldenBE said:

Lol that's a standard RMA my friend ( only a bit faster ), some companies even provide you the option to pay $30 and theyInsert other media get the product shipped out ( with one day shipping I think ) If you do not want to pay they also provide standard RMA.

Perhaps, but I was impressed by how quickly and professionally they dealt with the situation. I've had RMAs with other companies take up to a month or more when I lived in America. The fact that I was sending the RMA from Japan back to America and that they got it all resolved in a week with absolutely no hassle is what truly impressed me. Living overseas and dealing with American companies can be a slow process...this was painless. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

Lego support, no proof of purchase needed, no need to pay for shipping, and they will send you something like up to 5 missing pieces for your set :) almost no questions asked and within a week.

srsly though asrock is the biggest name i have ever had to deal with and although slow, with proof of purchase they replaced my motherboard which shipped to me with all of the usb ports dead

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

I had a great experience with Amazon's support, I had ordered some fondue plates as a gift for someone. And the arrived with 2 of the 4 plates broken unfortunately, (I supose you could see that as poor packing on their part, or you could blame the shipping company) anyway I looked at their policy for returns, and to me it wasn't clear if they would pay for the return shipment at all and somewhere I seen it covered only like 8$ (it's been a while so I may have the amount wrong) of the return shipment cost when I knew it would cost way more than that. So I emailed them for clarification and explained how the product arrived half broken, they send me a new set of 4 no questions asked and said I could keep the damaged product and do whatever I wanted with it, so I gave 6 plates as a gift instead of 4. I was pretty pleased with how they handled that.

Also I've had great support in person with Apple, online support was terrible because I would have had to pay for real support on my product as the online support doesn't cover the full length of the warranty of the phone. But in person the support was pretty good, I went to the apple store made an appointment, which didn't take long and they replaced my phone that had been making a lot of dropped calls. I also had a phone with a lock button that got stuck and still worked but was really hard to press and it didn't really move, I'm certain the guy didn't even try the button I just handed my phone over unlocked so he could lookup the model info to check the warranty and voila still under warranty here's a new phone. While I think it's ridiculous that it's so easy to get a replacement phone it's kinda nice to be able to get one just like that no questions asked and no real wait. Of course you do need to live close to an Apple store, now my nearest one is like almost 10 hours away unfortunately. 

Either Microsoft or Ebay. Microsoft lets me talk to a person, no silly questions, not huge wait times either (My opinion is changing with the terrible 30 day windows 10 support vs. the remaining 9 months that came with my computer if I would have stuck with windows 8). Ebay gave me a code, I called their phone number, put in the code, no press 1, press 2 nonsense, and I was off the phone with them, problem solved in under 5 minutes.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

Amazon. My Kindle's screen broke once just from my carrying it around in my bag. I phoned them up, explained what had happened, and they just sent a new one. Almost no questions asked. When I got it it was already set up with my account and everything.

Another time, when I first ordered an item for Prime free next day delivery, the delivery tracking system listed my item as lost in transit. I called up, got a full refund and an extra free month of prime. Then the item turned out to have been delivered anyway so I got it for free. :P

Best support I've ever had was Tsukumo. They're a small chain of stores in the Akihabara district of the Tokyo Metropolitan Area. I had to take my motherboard, RAM and CPU in for validation after getting post errors. They deduced for me that it was indeed the CPU, wrote a note to the store for me that it was confirmed to be a dead memory controller in order to address my concern that the store I bought it from would try to weasel their way out of refunding me for the dead processor. The whole process took 10 minutes, and I was sent on my way only having to pay, like, $4 for the consultation. I got the dead 2600K refunded, bought one from a more reputable store and went back home.

If you're in Japan and you're in need of electronics, go to the backstreets of Akihabara. DO NOT go to Sofmap. The smaller store chains have far superior customer service.

It would be Apple for me. 

My 27" iMac developed screen problems after some time. I called Applecare (no Apple Store in my country), and within a few minutes, scheduled an appointment for them to come down and inspect it. The next day, 2 repairmen came down, and after some time checking out my iMac, brought it back for further repairs when it was determined that the problem could not be rectified on the spot. 

2 days later, my iMac was repaired with a brand new display and delivered back to my house. The guys delivering it even helped me set it up. No muss or fuss on my side. 

I have to say - their Applecare might not be cheap, but it is a lifesaver if and when problems do occur. 

Either Optimum (ISP) or Apple, who are more professional than the rest when it comes to that type of stuff.

EDIT: AND B&H THOSE GUYS ARE LEGENDARY.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Amazon.

A book I ordered got destroyed in transit and I was promptly called by a person at the Amazon support team informing me so. I got a refund really quick too! By far the best support I've had

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

For games Path of Exile. They answerd and solved any problem I had in 5-10 minutes (and i contacted them many times). I have no idea how they do it...