Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I would love to get an SSD so that I can reduce load times on my computer.  I tend to refrain from turning off my computer because of how long it takes to boot up with a poor hard drive.  When I borrow laptops using an SSD I notice a huge difference in performance, and I would love to be able to make that switch.

On 2/8/2016 at 11:40 PM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I am building my first pc and I am realy low on money. I am currently using a two year old hdd that is so slow it's almost impossible to run an operating system on. 

I've been rocking an SSD since the beginning of 2011, and the boot and load times are amazing. Makes life so much slicker and faster.

As a person who works for a business that does computer repairs and referbs, we regularly get customers comming in with complains of slow computers. Other computer shops would sell these people brand new computers that they don't actually need, when instead replacing the OS drive with an SSD will resolve the issue 9 of out 10 times.

I want the SSD because I am planning to build a PC very soon and this would be perfect to put windows 10 on to ensure faster boot up times compared to putting it onto a hard drive. Thank you for the giveaway guys, always love the content in your videos!

The difference in load times makes a SSD a staple in any of my builds

SSDs make both loading up programs and games quick as well as starting up your system. Even standard mom and pop style PCs should have even a 120GB SSD to boot off of to keep it snappy and have some other mass storage solution for extra bulk. I personally have an older Adata SSD that I've been using for the past few years, but SSDs have advanced so much I was considering purchasing a new one anyways (this would help especially since I'm technically too young to have a job.)

Any PC gamer in 2016 should have an SSD or consider getting an SSD.  And with the rapid drop in prices and increase in sizes it's only a matter of time before they become the new standard for ALL storage.  SSDs are rapidly closing in on HDD sizes and for honestly not THAT much more money per GB, so common sense tells us that, barring any huge leaps in HDD technology, eventually all storage (particularly for gamers) will likely be SSD in the not-so-distant future.  My current rig is almost a year old and I went for two SSDs in RAID 0, which was a huge step considering my last PC didn't even have a single SSD, and I could never go back.

Speaking of my last PC... my girlfriend now uses that computer.  It's a FIRST generation i7 with stock cooling and a GTX750, but the HDD is really holding it back (1TB and standard 7200rpm drive with 32MB cache).  I had not planned to upgrade the computer (heck, the thing is like 7 years old now...) but if I got this SSD I'd probably throw it into her rig since she could REALLY benefit from having it.

I could use another SSD because my 240gb one is getting a little small now. I am gonna buy some more storage eventually but why not have that storage be super fast. As far as why people should have a SSD in their system: it's just SOOO MUCH FASTER. I can't go back. I turn my pc on and get ready to do something while it boots but no - it's already booted and waiting patiently for my password. Thanks again for doing these giveaways for super useful and fun stuff.

CPU: Xeon E3-1231 v3  Mobo: Asrock H97M Pro4  Memory: 16 GB EVGA SC  GPU: MSI R9 390 (mild OC)  Storage: 240GB Crucial BX200 | 1TB Seagate WD Blue  PSU: 650W EVGA GQ  Case: Thermaltake V21

"Be polite, be professional, have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis

I want an SSD so that GTA V won't stutter on my 4gb ram and mechanical hard drive system.  EDIT: :(

Edited by catzambia
I forgot to add a sad face

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

I've been using an SSD for four years now which is great because speed and reliably are so good on these things but mine is only 60GB so space is low. 

Everybody should have a SSD in their PC. Want better loading times, boot times, and super fast read/write speeds? Well everyone should have it. I'd even go as far to say that it should be a standard for any modern PC.

My system consists of an old Core 2 Quad and a GTX 650, I am working as a video designer and a 3D modeler and my system isn't sufficient, speed wise and performance/stability wise to keep up with my active workload. Everyone who needs fast transfer speeds or desires good load times in games and programs alike should opt for an SSD in their system, not to mention an SSD powered OS is all around faster.

I wanted to build a super compact itx pc and an ssd will perform better overall in that cramped environment than sshd which is in my original plan. Other than that, everyone deserves an ssd at least once in their lifetime. Lol

I have a computer with 917 GB of storage, but it is to the point of getting a new SSD/hard drive. I only have about 8 GB of storage left and have no other storage device. Everyone should have an SSD; it's silent, faster boot time, and it's more durable.  I don't have any job or have any other type of income so this would be nice for me to have. ;)

Either I'm just late or right on time!  I have MASSIVE 16gb & 32gb between micro PC & laptop. Dare to dream for this unit? Absolutely YES!

I want to replace my hdd with a SSD. SSD is the fastest and easy way to improve performance.

I have a Samsung one myself but my sis needs an SSD to replace her HDD ASAP!

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

I need more space for my games and this would be the perfect opportunity to get one because of my funds being not preforming optimally :P 

My build: i5 3570k , Sabertooth Z77, Be quiet Dark Rock 2, Corsair vengeance 16 gb ram, Corsair RM 750, WD Black 1TB , ADATA 256 GB SSD, Asus 660ti DCUII, NZXT H440, Noctua NF-F12 & NF-A14.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

I need a new SSD cause my current SSD is really slow :( I was planning on getting another one but this route would save me a ton of money!

It'd be great to have a SSD for faster loads and also to test if sound signatures are actually brighter using SSDs.

I need an SSD to accelerate everyday tasks, and as a university student I need to rely on the speed of my computer to open programs and store files. Having quick access to those programs is key. Everyone needs an SSD because they are the easiest way to increase the performance of your PC, and any PC will be worlds better with an SSD!