Microsoft may be running the biggest Turing test in history

sylarspock
Spoiler

Microsoft may be running the biggest Turing test in history

According to Dr. Wang, the thing that sets Xiaoice apart from other AI assistants is that Xiaoice is focused on the conversation and not the completion of a task.

Microsoft measured the effectiveness of their chatbot with what they're calling conversations per session (CPS), which measures the number of times the conversation goes back and forth. Typical chatbot CPS conversations have roughly two cycles (the person speaks, then the chatbot speaks — that's one cycle). "By comparison, Xiaoice’s average, after chatting with tens of millions of users, has reached 23," wrote Dr. Wang. He even claims that Xiaoice can analyze and react to your emotional state. To prove it he reproduced an example Xiaoice conversation:

Xiaoice: Are you feeling better today? I want to recommend a book to you.
Human: I am in a bad mood. I still miss her.

Xiaoice: You are so persistent. Wake up, you will have no future if you can’t get over with the past.

Microsoft, though, isn’t necessarily saying that Xiaoice is understanding what's being said. A lot of what Xiaoice can do is driven by the Bing search engine's 1 billion data posts and 21 billion relationships between those data points. Mixed in with that are voice and visual recognition systems that help Xiaoice figure out the context of the conversation.

007339965e.jpg

I wish this bot was available in English for us to test  out... xD
But nevertheless, AI is taking huge strides.

P.S: Someone should test it on Dennis :ph34r:

Source: http://mashable.com/2016/02/05/microsoft-xiaoice-turing-test/#DWeqzt.OMkqG

Please edit your post to comply with the pinned thread.

Interesting... although until I can have an AI on my own hardware I'll probably never make use of them. Really don't trust 3rd parties.

Just don't make terminator...

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

16 hours ago, Deli said:

When will guys start dating AI online girlfriends? :)

As soon as they can-unfortunately

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))