Well, Microsoft have p***ed me off

Irodo_BSMD

This is a bit of a rant here.

I was in an online chat with a member of the microsoft tech support team as I was having problems that have never been seen before (at least I think so). They remote desktopped in (after validating they were legit microsoft) and the dude immediately went to drivers. Started messing around reinstalling mouse drivers and generally fu**ing around with my drivers. By doing so he bluescreened my computer. I turned it back on. He remote desktopped in again and none of my peripherals were working. Great job, bro. I used a spare PS/2 keyboard to chat to him about it and he asked if he could restore the computer to an older point. He did so and it still didn't work. So far he's broken my peripherals and got ridden of half of my programs on Disk C. Welp. I have a go at the dude and he said he can't do anything. I reinstall the correct drivers painstakingly with my PS/2 keyboard pressing tab and arrow keys and, voila, 'tis back to normal with my original problem still not fixed. That's one way to pass your time.

Ever had any terrible experiences with company support/helplines? 

I have had PLENTY of issues with their support tech. Lets just say I still have not gotten my OS activated and have become used to the watermark now.

@TheCovertCamper has plenty to talk about 

for me Gigabyte has yet to finish an RMA from november

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Bitch to this guy like I did:

satyan@microsoft.com

4 minutes ago, Irodo_BSMD said:

This is a bit of a rant here.

Ever had any terrible experiences with company support/helplines? 

Personally, I've only had problems with their worthless support. Dealing with them at my work: They are a bunch of ignorant fucks, aside from a few people which have been very nice and helpful. Anytime I need Microsoft support, I just cut my losses and move on.

could you not

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

aside from a few people which have been very nice and helpful

the dude was funny and kind he was just a shit technician

you really should call these guys as i found that they got tense when you are on the phone and instead of acting like they know IT they usually transfer you to a real one with the knowledge to solve your problem

you really should call these guys as i found that they got tense when you are on the phone and instead of acting like they know IT they usually transfer you to a real one with the knowledge to solve your problem

Did you ask the forum here for help? Maybe we can help :)

At least most of us know what we do... And we help because we are passionate about it, and not because we get paid regardless of what we do.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

well i was on with MS support once and i needed to go in 2 mins , the extremely unprofessional guy, opened the tutorial on how to fix my problem on my web browser !!! after closing my tabs... then when i had to go, he says just to leave my pc with him... are you joking me ? so i said sorry no and tried to end the chat, he clicked cancel from remote desktop and asked for a minute. i knew how to fi the problem by this point... but he wouldn't listen to me. eventually i said 'i need to go and if your refusing to allow me control of my computer then i will be raising you as the problem instead of the computer' finally he let me go... not before asking me to give him a good review. 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

2 minutes ago, LiamApex said:

well i was on with MS support once and i needed to go in 2 mins , the extremely unprofessional guy, opened the tutorial on how to fix my problem on my web browser !!! after closing my tabs... then when i had to go, he says just to leave my pc with him... are you joking me ? so i said sorry no and tried to end the chat, he clicked cancel from remote desktop and asked for a minute. i knew how to fi the problem by this point... but he wouldn't listen to me. eventually i said 'i need to go and if your refusing to allow me control of my computer then i will be raising you as the problem instead of the computer' finally he let me go... not before asking me to give him a good review. 

Should have told him that there is one part of the PC he has no control over, the power switch on the PSU >:D

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I have yet to to speak to a MS Service Rep that sounds like their first language is english

I had an online chat with the dude and they all have extremely general, british names. like "dave", "rose" etc... I doubt he was actually natively english. Probs just a fake name.

I dread every time I have to contact customer support for warranty service

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

10 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Did you ask the forum here for help? Maybe we can help :)

At least most of us know what we do... And we help because we are passionate about it, and not because we get paid regardless of what we do.

Deleting system32 usually solves the problem. I did it and it made my computer almost twice as fast.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

On 2/5/2016 at 4:47 PM, Howlingwolf101 said:

Deleting system32 usually solves the problem. I did it and it made my computer almost twice as fast.

why stop there?  Formatting C: drive will make your computer much...much faster.  No OS to get in the way.

I would honestly never let some random Microsoft rep, who is probably some guy in India that barely knows anything, remote desktop control my computer.

Beside, what was even your issue and did you post here about it? We could more than likely helped you resolve your issue as well, without deleting your mouse drivers. (like, why? was your issue even related to that?)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Welcome to outsourced tech support.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

7 hours ago, TetraSky said:

I would honestly never let some random Microsoft rep, who is probably some guy in India that barely knows anything, remote desktop control my computer.

Beside, what was even your issue and did you post here about it? We could more than likely helped you resolve your issue as well, without deleting your mouse drivers. (like, why? was your issue even related to that?)

I was skeptical abbout letting him at first but he said I could just end it at any time and i wanted my problem to be gone. 

My issue was my USB drivers didn't start up and wouldn't start up. I tried installing the latest drivers from my motherboard's website and it still doesn't start. The problem goes if i use a ps/2 keyboard to restart the driver and it works until i turn my computer off. I couldn't find any fix anywhere on the internet and decided to visit microsoft and see if they have a fix. Clearly they didn't. I'm back where I was again, lol.

On 05/02/2016 at 9:46 PM, Howlingwolf101 said:

I dread every time I have to contact customer support for warranty service

Obviously you have not had anything from logitech or EVGA die.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

On 2/7/2016 at 6:17 AM, TheGamingBarrel said:

Obviously you have not had anything from logitech or EVGA die.

You're right I haven't

Spoiler

The only experience I have with MS support happened with the windows 10 tech preview, basically I upgraded to a newer build and neither the search bar or the start button worked. I contacted them (across the ocean by the way, there was no local support for the tech preview - but that's to be expected I guess), the person asked to remote desktop, I let her, and she clicked on the buttons about 20 times after agreeing they didn't work and telling me I should just revert. Oh well.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*