Fake Nvidia GPU?

Go to solution Solved by TheElt,
Just now, LokiFire said:

Whatever it is it used the GK107 chip. either GT 600/700 series, the closest i could get was GT 740.

Nope, it's a GTS 450 with the core identifier scratched off. So it's Fermi (GF106 Specifically)

Spoiler

gts450-scan-front.jpg

Same resistor layout, VRM and memory. It'll just have a BIOS flashed to look like a 760 (If it's meant to work at all in the first place)

So my friend bought what was supposedly a GTX 760 on eBay, He plugged it in and it didn't work, no video, no nothing.

This is what the GPU die looks like, it definitely isn't a 760, but what is it?

UOS3ODg.jpg

kJ2BcXT.jpg

GCzJR2h.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas? I tried googling the numbers but to no avail. It doesn't have any type of identifier like most dies I've seen. Also, that sticker.

Failed to load signature. Error 404 - Witty comment not found

wtf is that cooler.... i'd spot that it wasnt a real gtx 760 by the cooler itself....

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

8 minutes ago, WamWooWam said:

So my friend bought what was supposedly a GTX 760 on eBay, He plugged it in and it didn't work, no video, no nothing.

~snip~

Does anyone have any ideas? I tried googling the numbers but to no avail. It doesn't have any type of identifier like most dies I've seen. Also, that sticker.

Some graphics cards are being sold on eBay are fake ones. They are usually mislabeled and way under-priced for what the product should really be.

Edit: Found the actual graphics card that was bought on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vamery-GTX760-2GB-128Bit-GDDR5-PCI-E-HDMI-DVI-Graphics-Video-Card-2-Fan-New-/351425291032?hash=item51d2946318:g:K3QAAOSwMmBVrZo3

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

Some graphics cards are being sold on eBay are fake ones. They are usually mislabeled and way under-priced for what the product should really be.

I think they are usually much lower performance chips with a custom BIOS

You got scammed, sorry.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

1 minute ago, Stijncat said:

You got scammed, sorry.

Probably no chance of returning it now that is has been dissasembled, fleabay has buyer protection against scams like these but I am not sure if it would apply anymore.

What card do you think they've rebadged here?

9 minutes ago, WamWooWam said:

The model number on the die is scratched off, but I can tell you that "Vamery" GPU's are a scam. They sell dead or mislabled GPU's, so if you can return it, or open a claim with eBay to get your money back.

3 minutes ago, WamWooWam said:

What card do you think they've rebadged here?

No idea. The PCB layout doesn't look like anything I recognize.

GT 740.

c109_GK107-425-A2.jpg

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

1 minute ago, DEcobra11 said:

Also...

NOTE:

1.Please unload the previous driver before installing our graphics card

2.Please install the optical disk driver from us.

Wouldn't TOUCH that disc, more than likely malicious.

Whatever it is it used the GK107 chip. either GT 600/700 series, the closest i could get was GT 740.

Just now, LokiFire said:

OK, what do the numbers on the chip mean tho? Other than the GK107 part?

1 minute ago, WamWooWam said:

OK, what do the numbers on the chip mean tho? Other than the GK107 part?

Production line etc and dates, i don't know how to decipher them, however it is definitely a low end part.

Just now, LokiFire said:

Nope, it's a GTS 450 with the core identifier scratched off. So it's Fermi (GF106 Specifically)

Spoiler

gts450-scan-front.jpg

Same resistor layout, VRM and memory. It'll just have a BIOS flashed to look like a 760 (If it's meant to work at all in the first place)

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

It's probably an old 610gt or what ever it was called, or what ever was the crappiest card before that...

Ebay should be clamping down on stores like this, its obvious that they are mis-representing what they are selling.

Just looking at the the cooler you can tell it's a cheap knock off...

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

3 minutes ago, TheElt said:

Hide contents

gts450-scan-front.jpg

Ok then... if you look at the numbers in my pic and his the MoP at the end match up, you score points on the resistors.. god that GPU is old as shit... 

16 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

If the damn thing even reads

Its a legit as fuck CD-R its not even mass produced.

1 minute ago, LokiFire said:

Ok then... if you look at the numbers in my pic and his the MoP at the end match up, you score points on the resistors.. god that GPU is old as shit... 

Going off anything other than the actual core print isn't gonna get you anywhere, there'll be Fermi chips rolling out in the bottom end GT 7XX series cards with the date stamps of Maxwell cores. Honestly I'm amazed they were even that generous, I expected a GF119 core like you'd see in the GT610 but clearly that's a little too new for them

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760