Meccano Meccanoid G15 KS

does look a bit creepy xD

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Holy crap that looks bad

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Taran is a great host! Loved that he actually called to try and sell it. Get the mindstorm kit please!

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Nice video Taran ! Good presentation of a shitty product :P

I played some with meccano when I was little, although I was more of a Knex guy (remember that stuff =D ).

I agree it should all be metal. Also, no meccano player is gonna use 300 screws and bolts, because ,you know, lazyness. And what's this shit with voice recognition? They tried to hard to put all that stuff in.

If you want another product that potentially sucks,  you could indeed checkout the mindstorm robots. Well, the robots are good, just the graphical programming interface used to be really bad. For the first half year of my IT study we had to program those robots to do stuff, and because you know f all about programming then, we used the graphical programming interface. (other option was programming in C) That sounds as bad as it was, and the program itself couldn't handle too much code. Anyway, would be fun to see if they made changes in the last few years :)

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Taran has been getting better and better at presenting videos. I def want more robotics videos, and it would also be cool if Taran or Luke could do some programming videos (but that might be hard to tackle in a short video).

All these positive comments regarding Taran...

Has he found out that the positive Mechanoid reviews were done by a company and has hired them to promote him here?

Was I hired by Edzel to thrash talk him?

I'm just asking questions here.

So parents buy it not knowing anything about real/baisc programming, or robotics and find this amazing.  It's like how people buy a $1,000 mac and think it's great because of the price, but they buy a just as good/better workstation PC. You can't use their ignorance agianst them. 

Could you please do a review of the TETRIX robotics kit. I used them in high school for first robotics. They are much better then vex in my opinion. I believe they are the gold standard when it comes to STEM robot kits. 

That is not Meccano, Meccano is metal.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

10 minutes ago, LokiFire said:

That is not Meccano, Meccano is metal.

its terrible design, no wonder Maccano is going down the chute!

||AMD FX-8150 ||asrock 990fx extreme||16GB DDR3|| AMD Radeon R8 M350DX||Dell S2409W 24"||LG 23"D2342P||

Mora Bad Product Review from Taran please :D So much emotion \o/

That looks bad...

Maybe get two Lego EV3s, divide the LMG into two teams and race them arround the office?

"I dont know what wrong with your PC, maybe the hamster needs watercooling and the wheel some oil?" - IT worker

We still got some of the metallic meccano around that was from my mom/uncle when they where kids and it still goes worksflawless and allows to do whatever you can think of(handy since there are no manuals) so bring back tha metal!

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

@nicklmg @TaranLMG You want LEGO Mindstorm? Check this out!

Sorry for the crappy video but I was making this AT the competition with a severely underpowered laptop that couldn't even scrub through the footage

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

Waiting for the robot to become a sad, alive robot during a stormy night and taking it's revenge on Taran. And Berkel, for laughing at his piano skills.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.