Need Help with MotherBoard

Go to solution Solved by Daniel-DuDa,
30 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

There r no real difference other then asthetics i guess. Correct me if im wrong

29 minutes ago, MacAlisterL said:

Go with the Asus. Usually Asus products are higher quality. MSI tends to cheap out on certain parts such as having true Japanese Audio CAPS.

Thx Guys will get the Asus one then

Hello Guys!

So i came up with a build with some help from some nice guys in other post, however I need some help with the motherboard. I can not choose between these two "Asus maximus VIII Ranger" or "MSI Gaming m5"

here is the build:

1. CPU: Intel I5 6600K
  2. Cooler: Corsair Hydro H110i GT
  3. Graphic Card: MSI GTX 980
  4. Motherboard: Need your help
  5. RAM: Kingston 16 GB 2400 MHz
  6. SSD: Samsung EVO 240 GB
  7. HDD: WD Blue 1TB
  8. Case: Zalman Z11 Plus HF1
  9. PSU: Corsair 650W 80+ gold modular

note: the ASUS one will offer me the ROG Panel .... the MSI one will offer me the Rainbow Six siege 

So I hope you guys help find out wich one to get.

I would go for the rog panel, since u cant buy something like that for the msi one. Thats one sexy piece of hardware :D

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

1 minute ago, Rodniz said:

I would go for the rog panel, since u cant buy something like that for the msi one. Thats one sexy piece of hardware :D

Yeah... that is a lil bonus to the rig. BUT is it the board itself "better" than the MSI one?

2 minutes ago, Daniel-DuDa said:

Yeah... that is a lil bonus to the rig. BUT is it the board itself "better" than the MSI one?

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

Go with the Asus. Usually Asus products are higher quality. MSI tends to cheap out on certain parts such as having true Japanese Audio CAPS.

30 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

29 minutes ago, MacAlisterL said:

Thx Guys will get the Asus one then

56 minutes ago, Daniel-DuDa said:

Hello Guys!

So...What budget, Appears to be Portugal, what are you doing with your PC, and why are you focusing so much on overclocking? Do you have a 144hz display?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

So...What budget, Appears to be Portugal, what are you doing with your PC, and why are you focusing so much on overclocking? Do you have a 144hz display?

Sorry about that yes I'm from portugal... yes i do have a 144Hz display (Asus VG248QE) the budget is about 1500€.the overclocking is just a solution for a near future (basically when the pc gets out dated)

2 minutes ago, Daniel-DuDa said:

Sorry about that yes I'm from portugal... yes i do have a 144Hz display (Asus VG248QE) the budget is about 1500€.the overclocking is just a solution for a near future (basically when the pc gets out dated)

Normally it's not really worth it because games don't really need too strong a CPU anymore, and that requirement is going to lessen with DX12/Vulkan, but with a high refresh rate display you want to OC and get as high minimum frame rates as you can

although like CS:GO and other multiplayer games are already going to run that fast, so kinda not worth the extra usually, but since you already have the display

in any case I'd recommend a Nano over a 980, more performance overall and the price is fairly close with the price drop on the nano, just raise the power limit on it and you'd be good to go, plus you'd save money should you ever upgrade to a free-sync display
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9nano4sf6

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?