New XLR interface.

DolphinOps

Does anyone know of a good xlr audio interface that has phantom power for cheap?

"I take great pride in my humility" -Me

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1614 ($629 with sales)
  • Games owned: 126
  • Games played: 111 (88%)
  • Hours on record: 3,483.3h

What is your budget? What are you using it for?

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

1 minute ago, xNeon said:

What is your budget? What are you using it for?

Just recording from a condenser microphone that requires phantom power to a computer. and the budget is as cheap as i can get anything of decent quality.

I just got the Presonus Audiobox USB. You can choose that or the Scarlet 2i2.

I just researched the EFF out of these two and simply chose based on preference. They're like the best budget audio interfaces. 

behringer UMC audio interfaces have phantom power

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, DaltonM said:

I just got the Presonus Audiobox USB. You can choose that or the Scarlet 2i2.

I just researched the EFF out of these two and simply chose based on preference. They're like the best budget audio interfaces. 

i was kinda hoping for something a little cheaper....

Cheapest decent interface with +48v i can think about is the Focusrite Scarlet 2i2

I agree with the Behringer UM2 or UMC22. But I recommend saving up for a Mackie Onyx Blackjack. 

Presonus Audiobox is not great for its price. Focusrite 2i2 is good, but the Blackjack is better. 

1 hour ago, Philosobyte said:

I agree with the Behringer UM2 or UMC22. But I recommend saving up for a Mackie Onyx Blackjack. 

Presonus Audiobox is not great for its price. Focusrite 2i2 is good, but the Blackjack is better. 

alright but what is the difference between the um2 and umc22?

1 hour ago, DolphinOps said:

umc22 uses a better preamp, presumably the same preamp and converter as used in the popular ADA8200. I think it's worth the extra ten dollars to go for the $40 UMC22 rather than the $30 UM2 which uses a preamp from the Xenyx mixers. 

2 hours ago, DolphinOps said:

The midas preamps. Midas was well know for making very good pre amps then they got bought out and are now put in most Behringer products and there shit now. Years of heritage ruined.
58907794.jpg

The Dick of the audio page!

2 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

Well at last that purchase has allowed  midas to say in business.... 

I dont think they were having financial problems they just got sold by there parent company bosch. JBL are in the same ship as well bought by Harmen ruined the heritage and started releasing crap.

The Dick of the audio page!

5 hours ago, DolphinOps said:

Just recording from a condenser microphone that requires phantom power to a computer. and the budget is as cheap as i can get anything of decent quality.

A Steinburg UR 22 Is the best you'll get for the money. A Scarlett will kill your condenser or headphones (as it has to me) and an audiobox is more expensive. This box is at the threshold of diminishing returns for what you are doing. Do NOT go behrenger if you can ever help it. if you only need a preamp and A/d the "blue icicle" is great, check that out.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

well thanks for your help guys I haven't decided what I'm gonna do yet but I'll update this post if and when I do.

46 minutes ago, xNeon said:

A Steinburg UR 22 Is the best you'll get for the money. A Scarlett will kill your condenser or headphones (as it has to me) and an audiobox is more expensive. This box is at the threshold of diminishing returns for what you are doing. Do NOT go behrenger if you can ever help it. if you only need a preamp and A/d the "blue icicle" is great, check that out.

I would be interested to hear how a 2i2 killed your condenser/headphones, especially the technical aspect of it. Seems like an isolated case that has rarely, if ever, happened to anyone else. 

I disagree about not ever going Behringer. Their ADA8200 is very well-praised. In a blind listening shootout between a Saffire, an Audient product, and the ADA8200, the Audient and Behringer tied while the Saffire was last. 

The UR22 is one of the best interfaces in this price range (I own one), but if you don't need MIDI or the UR22's amazing latency, then I'd say the Mackie Onyx Blackjack is a better value, since it packs better preamps and slightly worse converters, while being $50 cheaper. 

46 minutes ago, EndlessOyster said:

Sorry Oyster, I changed my mind about replying to you but don't know how to remove the quote in this new editor.

58 minutes ago, EndlessOyster said:

I dont think they were having financial problems they just got sold by there parent company bosch. JBL are in the same ship as well bought by Harmen ruined the heritage and started releasing crap.

Normal practice  to sell  off non profitabel companies. I can ask the office tomorrow to see if i can get a bit more insight on the matter. 

On 2/2/2016 at 9:11 PM, EndlessOyster said:

Had a chat yesterday.  Bosch sold of Midas due to very poor economy.  Midas was apparater almost just an empty shell at point of purchase.