Bullying

GBELILREESE

Probably depends on what kind of teacher it is. Telling a responsible teacher will probably get you good results as compared to one that is given to dismiss it with some nonsense like "grow some balls" or "boys will be boys" etc.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Depends. Some kids will get on you more for telling someone, some kids will stop.

I find that getting physically fit enough to beat some ass is the most effective to stop bullies, quite frankly.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

23 hours ago, Avericious said:

Probably depends on what kind of teacher it is. Telling a responsible teacher will probably get you good results as compared to one that is given to dismiss it with some nonsense like "grow some balls" or "boys will be boys" etc.

23 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Typical teacher response, "Stop being a tattle tale!"

23 hours ago, Whorax said:

Depends. Some kids will get on you more for telling someone, some kids will stop.

I find that getting physically fit enough to beat some ass is the most effective to stop bullies, quite frankly.

i c

Having the capability to retaliate and go toe-to-toe is a very effective deterrent since if others will stop policing behavior of others, you'll still be able to defend yourself. Just don't be too aggressive and start a fight yourself.

Doesn't. In 9th and 10th grade I was heavily bullied, right in front of teachers who never did a goddamned thing about it. It wasn't until I actually came home with a broken finger on my hand that my parents asked what happened and they went to the school to give em shit. Most of the bullying stopped overnight after that on 9th grade but some of them kept at it later on until I actually picked up a fight with one of them twice and by the third time I just stood him down without even having to fight and that was the last time I was bullied.

Thought it probably had nothing to do with me fighting them and standing them down and more to do with the fact that I grew from like 1.60m to 1.85m in the spawn of a year so by the time I was in high school I was towering, nobody tried to fuck with me at all.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I have never been bullied as far as I'm aware. I once had someone try to pull my hair, didn't end well for her. 

I know @totjup5had some severe bullying experiences though. 

On 1.02.2016 г. at 5:52 AM, GBELILREESE said:

Does telling the teacher even work? 

Depends.

I was also have been bullied. In my case nobody wanted to listen to me.
When I had enough I stabbed my main bully with a knife in the neck, which almost killed him. I had major problems with the police and school after that but in the end everything got solved and nobody tried to f* with me anymore.

Nowadays I have man up enough to not allow anyone even make comments about my interests.

Btw now I work as sysadmin in school (K12 one) with near 500 pupils for the last 8 years. Over these years I`m watching closely the kids and whenever I see someone bullied I don`t waste my time and go to my colleagues. I personally helped few kids myself by being mentor and a friend being there for them and who cares about their existence. I know what is to be alone...

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

I remember back in like 7th grade some kid tried to bully me (he was 2 years older) and I was just passively taking it because I was too scared to do anything.

But at some point I just snapped and threw a punch in his face, he started bleeding from his mouth (only a little bit, I cut his gums with my finger nail when I punched him) and he started crying lmao :D 
The teacher was super mad and called my mom to school, she pretended to be angry just to make the teacher piss off and then back at home she told me I did a good job for not letting anyone fuck with me :D

From what I have been told and read...nope. Almost never helps. Not even if the teacher tries to help. That kind of stuff only pisses the bullies off more.

If anyone thought to raise a hand to me, or to bully me or anyone in front of me, they'd regret it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

From my experience, it doesn't work, even if the case is being handed of to the discipline master. But it may also depend on how fierce the teacher etc. is and the student. No matter how fierce the teacher is, the bullying will continue as long as the bully doesn't give two craps about the punishment and what not. That's why I prefer to handle bullies and my problems in general by myself.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

Take it straight to the principal. Make your case and if they don't respond then perhaps you'll need to get parents involved.
Don't be afraid to simply inform the parents of the dickheads doing it. Requires courage but imo, better to motivate a teacher by going to their boss.
Basically my advice is to start a shitstorm bigger than said dickheads could have ever expected.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 4:43 AM, Whorax said:

It really isn't. Violence is never the solution.

The easiest way is to be more witty and less defensive, make friends of bullies rather than enemies.

3 hours ago, Mug said:

The easiest way is to be more witty and less defensive, make friends of bullies rather than enemies.

If only someone would tell all the kids who are bullied (and never raise a hand to defend themselves) that all they have to do is be less defensive (and wittier) for their torment to end.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

On 2/1/2016 at 0:41 PM, Avericious said:

Or something along the lines of:

Student: I'm being bullied.

Teacher: Go Suck some cock!

Student: Okay sir (nasty stuff happens here)

Teacher; Now who were those kids bullying you?

The End.

2 hours ago, Albatross said:

If only someone would tell all the kids who are bullied (and never raise a hand to defend themselves) that all they have to do is be less defensive (and wittier) for their torment to end.

Bullies gonna Bully.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Got bullied when i was 8th grade. telling the teacher doesn't work. but if you are the person that is getting bullied, beat up the bullyer work and stop him (well at least on my case) but you gotta be prepare for punishment from the teacher. i got 4 days ditension and a level 1 warning letter cus i broke his nose and a couple fingers.

I got bullied in 8th grade quite a bit. Then when I got into high school, I realized that the reason I was being bullied was because I kept drawing attention to myself. Once I started keeping a low profile, the bullying basically stopped dead in its tracks. What I've found, at least, is that if you can get to a point where few people in the school apart from friends know anything about you, and you can keep a steady demeanour regardless of what environment you're in, one of two things happen: You either fly under the radar, or people are too intimidated by how little they know about you to confront you. Picking on you isn't worth the risk.

Telling people doesn't help that much, especially in American high schools, because the teachers have no real obligation to do anything about it. Even if they did, they can't even touch students, let alone bring them to heel by the scruff of their necks.

I always called attention to myself when I was in school. The bright clothes, the happy demeanor. But, it really depends on the teacher to tell. Coaches are good people to tell because often times said bullies are involved in sports and if the coach hears about it there will be some repercussions. If no teacher wants to listen, tell your parents. No matter how much you may think they don't care, deep down they do and will be willing to raise hell for you. Violence is sometimes the answer, but there are definitely other channels you should go through first.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

well, not telling anyone is a great way for nothing to happen. 

tall to a teacher you trust, if that doesnt work speak to the principle, that will get stuff moving

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

8 hours ago, Mug said:

I fundamentally disagree with you depending on the instance and scenario. I also don't think making friends with bullies is the right way to go either. People need to stand up for themselves. I suppose that comes from being raised/living life two entirely different ways though, so there's no point in saying one of us is wrong.

Not only that, I didn't say violence was the way to go here in the first place. I insinuated that getting physically fit enough to bring on a threatening look to someone who is a bully can stop it immediately. If I was suggesting violence it would have been explicitly stated. Maybe that got lost in the world of text and not face to face talking.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I never really got bullied, probably because I was always the big quiet guy and a little intimidating back then :P And I never really picked fights or caused anyone to want to pick on me I suppose 

But go to the principle or your parents about it 

Or you know, go crazy and just shoot everyone 

jk plz dont do that thats bad mmkay Stan? 

I guess I just got lucky. I was bullied pretty hard in 6th grade, and my principal was 100% supportive of me. I remember one time some idiot landed a punch on me while she was just around the corner and heard it. I have never seen anyone move in so fast, get a hold of someone's ear and practically yank them to the ground with it.

Ultimately, things came to a head, and she gave everyone who she had ever seen or heard of bullying me a week of detention, and the ones who were either known to be "ringleaders" or had hit me at some point were suspended for a week on top of that.

Go to the teacher you trust most. If you don't have one, go to a guidance counselor or the principal. Go straight to your parents regardless. The worst thing you can do is keep it to yourself, because that changes nothing except your willingness to wake up in the morning.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

12 hours ago, Noire said:

I have never been bullied as far as I'm aware. I once had someone try to pull my hair, didn't end well for her. 

I know @totjup5had some severe bullying experiences though. 

I'm a fairly large man. Because of that I wasn't really bullied ever lol.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

bullies are shitheads. beat them until they bleed

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860