Bullying

GBELILREESE
17 hours ago, KemoKa said:

I got bullied in 8th grade quite a bit. Then when I got into high school, I realized that the reason I was being bullied was because I kept drawing attention to myself. Once I started keeping a low profile, the bullying basically stopped dead in its tracks. What I've found, at least, is that if you can get to a point where few people in the school apart from friends know anything about you, and you can keep a steady demeanour regardless of what environment you're in, one of two things happen: You either fly under the radar, or people are too intimidated by how little they know about you to confront you. Picking on you isn't worth the risk.

Telling people doesn't help that much, especially in American high schools, because the teachers have no real obligation to do anything about it. Even if they did, they can't even touch students, let alone bring them to heel by the scruff of their necks.

Ah man, that sounds really sad. What exactly were you doing to draw the bullies' attention that "needed" to stop?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

wow didn't know I'd receive this many comments. 

I actually had a bully once and he stopped after I broke his nose. Not sure why some kids think bullying is a fun thing to do... =/

I actually posted this for my younger cousin, thanks for the suggestions as well guys! 

On 2/1/2016 at 7:52 PM, GBELILREESE said:

Does telling the teacher even work? 

No, but not caring does.

5 minutes ago, RealisticRadical said:

No, but not caring does.

Thanks for the response 

I've been a "I'll tell the teacher" kid during my entire childhood. Using it against the bullies who were picking on me. It was always verbal bullying, I've never been physically bullied. ( is this a good or bad thing?)

One bully, about 5 years or so older than me, would pick on me at the bus stop. He stopped when he was chasing me on the streets when I picked up a tree branch and tossed it behind me and it accidentally hit him straight in the eye) Never bullied me after that.

The other one bullied me up until 4th grade, no telling the teacher would do anything to make him stop. Even after getting the principal involved. He disappeared from school for unknown reasons up until high school. He wasn't at the same school as me but he would pick on me whenever I would walk past him in the city. Up until that time when I walked past him outside business hours in the shopping center. He (very weakly) tackled me into the wall but I easily over-powered him at that time and told him to leave me alone while holding his arms in his back. His friend who was with him didn't even try to help him. Maybe because I wasn't actually hurting him in any way. 

Not to say, violence isn't always the option. It can help against in some cases but usually, just showing you can defend yourself will usually stop any non-hardcore bullies.

(this is what I believe, at least) 

1 hour ago, GBELILREESE said:

wow didn't know I'd receive this many comments. 

I actually had a bully once and he stopped after I broke his nose. Not sure why some kids think bullying is a fun thing to do... =/

That's because it makes them feel powerful. Knowing they are feared by others gives them a feel of superiority. 

No, but not caring does.

Getting kicked is pretty hard to ignore.

I just fought back once and never had to deal with anything again.

It's not the best solution, but due to the no fucks given by anybody around it was kind of the only way I could fix it.

Teachers would just stay around and look.

That's it.

The reason I was bullied is because I'm small for my age (16 y/o, only 1.55m tall).

Few years ago someone who saw me the first time immediately tried to push me down the staircase. Hit him in the head with the iPhone 4 I had back then.

Another one tried the same, I turned around and threw him down the staircase. Still not sure how I managed to do that, as the guy was a lot taller than I am.

Got in trouble with teachers because of it.. Yea, logic: People push me down staircases and it's all fine, I push the one down the staircase that tried to push me down the staircase and I'm suddenly the bad guy.

That the guy got injured is just a side effect if falling down a 4 metres tall staircase. But hey, it could also have been me flying down that staircase, so I don't give a flying fuck.

Got it over with, noone randomly annoys me again.

There, problem solved.

The best way to deal with bullying is to make sure you're supported by friends. If it's physical then you need to try not to fight. Even if you win you wouldn't want people to think of you differently. So next time you get picked on, make sure you're with your group of friends to back you up. Holy shit I can't explain for life.