What video file type should i convert to for editing for sony vegas?

Fgzp513

i was using Canon XF300 and I got videos in mxf format. i recently installed sony vegas onto my computer and was wondering if there are any certain video types i should convert my footage to before editing on sony vegas i.e. mpeg, avi, etc or does it not matter? thanks.

In the editing stage, it shouldn't matter (as long as Sony Vegas supports .mxf).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

.avi is what I would use 

assuming it doesn't support it native 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

If it doesn't support .mxf then convert it to .mp4.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

Sony vegas works well with Sony MXF files, but I’m not sure about the Canon mxf files. Hereby you are suggested to convert them to WMV which is well supported in Sony Vegas. I myself have a Multi-channel MXF converter named MXF Multi-Mixer, maybe you can have a try:

You should try to convert as little as possible if it involves transposing the video and/audio.

MFX is just a container so you should be able to convert it to MKV without any quality loss at all. Not sure if Sony Vegas supports MKV though. It really depends on what codes are being used.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you should convert the mxf to avi which supports Vegas the best. some freeware works well for converting MXF to other popular video formats, such as Handbrake. I have tested converting a short .mxf file to a .mov file using HandBreak. It works  well on quicktime and iMovie. Handbrake also supports to convert video all nearly all the formats. I think it may be your best selection for video converting. have a try. 

Maybe you should convert the mxf to avi which supports Vegas the best. some freeware works well for converting MXF to other popular video formats, such as Handbrake. I have tested converting a short .mxf file to a .mov file using HandBreak. It works  well on quicktime and iMovie. Handbrake also supports to convert video all nearly all the formats. I think it may be your best selection for video converting. have a try. 

wtf

25297d1309921005-intruder-recall-zombie-

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point