What are you most excited for in the new forum?

Philcat101

I am pretty sure that everyone knows that the forum is upgrading. If you didn't, "The rocks that you are living under must be comfortable." - Linus 2016

Here is the announcement: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum-6/announcement-32-saturday-january-30th-planned-upgrades/

So yes, it is upgrading tomorrow.

There were many suggestions made in this thread, and staff replied that they will come in IPS4.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/314050-forum-features-suggestions/

What new feature are you most excited for?

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I'm just glad the mobile version isn't white and blue.

No I don't want to use Tapatalk.

Yeah I just went on the web site on my tablet. That was a mistake, and so was my grammar when I typed something in.

Good riddance of that bad client!

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I'm mostly excited, now the forum won't look likes it's 5 years old. Only thing I'm worried about is my work's slow speeds. It already takes a while for the current forum to load and I'm afraid the more modern version will take longer lol

use Tapatalk, bra

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I feel like most of it will be a refreshing change, particularly the mobile site. Current mobile site is awful, but I think the new version still has some small bugs in it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm mostly excited, now the forum won't look likes it's 5 years old.

Really?

Wow, so even compared to other modern forums, this old one looks better to me xD

Can't wait for the update.

I'm mostly excited, now the forum won't look likes it's 5 years old. Only thing I'm worried about is my work's slow speeds. It already takes a while for the current forum to load and I'm afraid the more modern version will take longer lol

use Tapatalk, bra

fite me irl

An API that is a bit more capable would be nice

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

This is cool. I'm hoping it's a bit snappier. More like a webapp. At the moment it feels like a half-way point between old, slow forums where the only way to see if there is new content was to refresh, and newer sites like facebook or twitter that feel a lot more dynamic.

fite me irl

I'm just putting this out there, but your profile pic is literally the best thing I've seen all week. But back to topic, yeah I think it will be nice to have a functioning mobile site. I kinda like the current look of the forum, but I'm all for change. Hopefully the new one will allow me to quote in my edits.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

Overall better handling of resolution and DPI. Better rating system (AdvRep). And most of all, better night theme.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

An API that is a bit more capable would be nice

Unfortunately, that will not be a feature, at least initially.

HTTP/2 203

Unfortunately, that will not be a feature, at least initially.

Shouldn't you change your profile title to...

"Have now fixed the forum"

:P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I voted yes because a refresh will certainly do the mobile version good, im tempted to vote no because we all know what a failiure Windows 10 is.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Shouldn't you change your profile title to...

"Have now fixed the forum"

:P

Well, I suspect that a lot of fixing will be required after we update, because you guys seem to be so great at breaking things.

HTTP/2 203

I voted yes because a refresh will certainly do the mobile version good, im tempted to vote no because we all know what a failiure Windows 10 is.

?

Can we still use the full desktop mode on phones? If yes, then meh, I guess. If no, I'll pull my hairs out, and cry in a little corner. :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Can we still use the full desktop mode on phones? If yes, then meh, I guess. If no, I'll pull my hairs out, and cry in a little corner. :P

You shouldn't need to because the mobile site should support almost exactly the same stuff as the desktop one, but on Firefox mobile, if you "Request full desktop site", it will work. I don't believe that works on Chrome mobile though, because it uses that feature differently.

HTTP/2 203

?

my point is dont over hype, look what happened to windows 10, it completely freezes and requires a full reboot at random intervals and it was overhyped.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

There isn't really desktop and mobile versions. There are high res and low res versions. Low res is same on mobile, tablets and high zoomed laptops.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You shouldn't need to because the mobile site should support almost exactly the same stuff as the desktop one

Okay, but I'm one of those people that actually LIKED to use the forum with "small" letters :) But I trust LTT to not mess up the mobile version as much as the only other forum I visit often (lol it's seriously garbage :P)

but on Firefox mobile, if you "Request full desktop site", it will work. I don't believe that works on Chrome mobile though, because it uses that feature differently.

Wasn't there a link somewhere to test the new site (without new content or whatever)?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Okay, but I'm one of those people that actually LIKED to use the forum with "small" letters :) But I trust LTT to not mess up the mobile version as much as the only other forum I visit often (lol it's seriously garbage :P)

Wasn't there a link somewhere to test the new site (without new content or whatever)?

The beta site is currently offline because stuff broke.

HTTP/2 203

The beta site is currently offline because stuff broke.

Oh great :P 

I honestly cant wait to use the new mobile site. Looking forward to the changes

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

my point is dont over hype, look what happened to windows 10, it completely freezes and requires a full reboot at random intervals and it was overhyped.

Mine has never done that, and I keep it turned on for 24/7, weeks at a time.