Eye strain/ Sore eyes

bart69132

I have recently been getting very sore eyes when I'm using my pc because i go to college 7 hours a day and I'm on a computer for almost the entire time then i come home and im playing on my pc most of the night, is there anything that can help with getting sore eyes from using my pc, apart from obvious things like use it less (nothing else to do :/) Should i see about getting glasses to help take the strain off my eyes, i don't know if they would help or not, just any advice that may help with my eyes being less strained/sore would be appreciated.

I have recently been getting very sore eyes when I'm using my pc because i go to college 7 hours a day and I'm on a computer for almost the entire time then i come home and im playing on my pc most of the night, is there anything that can help with getting sore eyes from using my pc, apart from obvious things like use it less (nothing else to do :/) Should i see about getting glasses to help take the strain off my eyes, i don't know if they would help or not, just any advice that may help with my eyes being less strained/sore would be appreciated.

get eye drops or get a screen to put over your monitor to reduce eye strain

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

maybe try getting glasses that protect from monitors rays not sure what they are called but i got them, they put like purple lens/colour in it not sure how it works.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Give it a little bit you will adapt 

Sleep instead of playing on your pc all night.

I get home about 18:00 then on my pc until about 11:00 then i go to my bed :/ EDIT: I meant to say 23:00

I get home about 18:00 then on my pc until about 11:00 then i go to my bed :/

11:00? You should get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.

Give it a little bit you will adapt 

I was used to being on my pc/ps4 because i don't really go out because all my friends just stay in and play them but its only in the past couple weeks I'm getting sore eyes.

maybe try getting glasses that protect from monitors rays not sure what they are called but i got them, they put like purple lens/colour in it not sure how it works.

I seen them on JayzTwoCents channel but they were like $100 if i remember.

I was used to being on my pc/ps4 because i don't really go out because all my friends just stay in and play them but its only in the past couple weeks I'm getting sore eyes.

F.lux also will help.

11:00? You should get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.

oops, i edited it, i meant 23:00, i fall asleep about 23:30 then get up at 8:00 to go to college at 9

I get home about 18:00 then on my pc until about 11:00 then i go to my bed :/ EDIT: I meant to say 23:00

Well that solves the problem.

Reduce your screen time bud....

*edit

Never mind.

I keep my monitors at 50% brightness at all times and if I can manage using dark themes to reduce/remove the chance of eye strain.

Also one thing you can do is add a back light to even out the amount of ambient lighting, it helps with focus, buts this a person to person thing. It helps with me.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

F.lux also will help.

I was looking for something like this because my screen seems really bright. 

every so often look away from your computer and focus on something farther away for a few minutes.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I was looking for something like this because my screen seems really bright. 

F.lux is gr8 when you put on gradual cause it slowly reduces whites over the time as it gets darker

Its finicky in winter cause it starts to go dimmer around like 6/7pm

F.lux is gr8 when you put on gradual cause it slowly reduces whites over the time as it gets darker

yeah, I'm going to try it out, will let you know how it is :)

Ive had it on for about 5 min now and its already helping :D

oops, i edited it, i meant 23:00, i fall asleep about 23:30 then get up at 8:00 to go to college at 9

Oh, you are getting plenty of sleep then.

Sunglasses are quite good for eye strain

amount of sleep is different per person. 

i have friend who neeeds 9 hours

where as i function just fine on 6 /7

yep, my only problem is when its the weekend or when im not at college i go off about 00:30 then i will be on my phone watching youtube until about 2:30, but no matter what, i always wake up before 9:00, i don't know why but i always do, i don't mind it infact i like getting up earlier 

I seen them on JayzTwoCents channel but they were like $100 if i remember.

yeah mine are part of my glasses with the purple stuff transitional sunnies and vision adjustment for like $600 but my mate works at the optometrist and got em for $300.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Well that solves the problem.

Reduce your screen time bud....

*edit

Never mind.

I keep my monitors at 50% brightness at all times and if I can manage using dark themes to reduce/remove the chance of eye strain.

Also one thing you can do is add a back light to even out the amount of ambient lighting, it helps with focus, buts this a person to person thing. It helps with me.

How do you change the brightness manually, do you mean manually on the monitor it's self?