CS:GO Silver MM... Not so bad?

Bob Jim

I always see people complaining how terrible silver is and how impossible it is to rank up, especially with the new rank changes. Well, I ranked into Silver Elite after 10 wins, within 3 games had gotten Silver Elite Master. Top fragging every game. Won about 6 games, then tied one and on the tie I ranked up to Gold Nova 1. Had one or two bad team-mates but hardly any. Am I just lucky, or what? I play on Mirage/Dust II.

It's easy as fuck. Everyone who says it's bad is just terrible at the game.

This happens in every fucking competitive game on the planet. League of Legends players cry about bronze, streamers take bronze accounts and get them to diamond in a week or so regularly and they still complain. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I don't really ever have many bad experiences either in GN3, but recently I've had a lot of guys that just talk about being baked and saying they don't care if they win or not.

It's pretty annoying but most of the time I win still.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I always see people complaining how terrible silver is and how impossible it is to rank up, especially with the new rank changes. Well, I ranked into Silver Elite after 10 wins, within 3 games had gotten Silver Elite Master. Top fragging every game. Won about 6 games, then tied one and on the tie I ranked up to Gold Nova 1. Had one or two bad team-mates but hardly any. Am I just lucky, or what? I play on Mirage/Dust II.

Well you're lucky!

I don't really ever have many bad experiences either in GN3, but recently I've had a lot of guys that just talk about being baked and saying they don't care if they win or not.

It's pretty annoying but most of the time I win still.

that was probably me xD

1010011010/29A

The times when I had 100 wins and still silver one...took me a good 30 win streak with golds to get out of silver one...then 3-5 wins for each rank after that till mg2...literally silver two-MG2 took less than 1 month...

Am I the only person that's waiting for the AWP to be un-nerfed again?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Well you're lucky!

Not lucky, skillful.  The there is no real trap, it is just your skill.  It takes any skill at all to get out of silver, so people who lack it(I used to admittedly) will be stuck in silver even if they are top fragging games.  

What people have been complaining about recently is a rebalance of the ranks valve did that basically threw all high ranks back a couple the moment they lost.  They wanted less high ranks and more middle ranks.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

lol never was silver but i have been stuck at golve nova master for like the las 40 wins tho

Well, they ones that complain is either fucking bad. Or they are of a higher rank and just hates the generally bad, aim, teamplay and tactics in the lower ranks. Me personally think its horrible and boring to play in the MG ranks because its very random tactics and rushes here and there and mostly luck based if they get into a site or not. Its no real thinking behind the strats or moves they do. Which makes teamplay horrible and so on.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I feel ranking up from silver is much easier than ranking up at the higer ranks. I am currently a mge and i have won over 10 matches in a row and have not ranked up. Rip former rank of le

Most cancerous ranks by far is GN4-MG2.

MGE upwards is where it changes, general attitude, discipline.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi