How do i stop procrasinating?

applesuxD

I would assume that many here are gamers..

So how do you guys not procrasinate?

sucks to sleep late only to wake up early in the morning.. and to use my brain juices for a whole day.. @_@ because i kept procrasinating.. its 1am and i just started my work

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Get off the site

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I found the best way is to unplug the router and have the router away from me

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Take Ritalin  ;)

Jk, I don't take that shit anymore

Best Bench Runs & 24/7 Rig

Spoiler

Best Bench Runs

i5 4670k (XTU) - 4.7GHz Core / 4.5GHz Cache | GTX 980 (FireStrike Extreme) 1620MHz Core / 4000MHz Memory (GPUPI) 1721MHz | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB - 2200MHz CL10-11-11-24 1T

Spoiler

24/7 Rig & Clocks

i5 4670k 4.5GHz (Swiftech H320) | MSI Z87 MPower Max | ASUS GTX 980 1580MHz 4000MHz (NZXT Kraken X41) | 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Air 540 | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | 120GB Kingston SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Actually do things, I suppose.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

have your router disconnect your pc from the internet at set times.

Learn some self control and just do what needs to be done.

It's called "growing up". You may not like that you have to do it, but you need to learn how to prioritize.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Be motivated? Idk grow up. Learn what is more important to your life and your future. If you care, you will make the changes. If not, you will be living in your brother basement forced to do work to keep food and a house over your head. (My uncle)

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

You don't.

Kidding, I actually don't know. If I did I wouldn't be on LTT right now.

Would be easier to whitelist things not distracting AKA nothing

all my homework is on quizlet and another website...

Maybe if you kick your PC or drop it. I don't know if that'll work (pls don't do it)

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

|| Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core || Keyboard - Corsair K70 (MX Red) ||

QUADS

shit i swear if im off by 1

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Be motivated? Idk grow up. Learn what is more important to your life and your future. If you care, you will make the changes. If not, you will be living in your brother basement forced to do work to keep food and a house over your head. (My uncle)

i get distracted much easily,i dont think that my goals are the least of my worries rather i am working on it but i get distracted toooo easily :(

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

It's just something you build on your own.  Take the attitude of 'Just get it done'.  It's boring but you're causing yourself more stress by procrastinating. If you work and get it done, you won't have to worry anymore :)

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

If you need to go to the extreme of unplugging your router or tossing your xbox out the window...you have a serious problem.

Here's my tip: JUST DO IIIIITTTTT! *shia labeouf style*

In my school years, I did turn off my phone's notification and stuff so I wouldn't get distracted but other then that I just learn to prioritize shit. For hw and assignments (in college you rarely have due-next day assignments) I would set up to do them all Friday and organize it by less work/earliest due first to most work/due end of term last. Big projects with late due dates, I would break into parts.

That way I would have the rest of the week for activities! Also it helped I organized my work/class schedule to have Fridays off (my final year I had Mon & Fri off :D).

That strategy worked perfectly and never missed an assignment while still having time for myself.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I find doing stuff while I'm thinking about it helps. That and accepting you have to do stuff you don't like is a huge part of life.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If you need to go to the extreme of unplugging your router or tossing your xbox out the window...you have a serious problem.

Here's my tip: JUST DO IIIIITTTTT! *shia labeouf style*

In my school years, I did turn off my phone's notification and stuff so I wouldn't get distracted but other then that I just learn to prioritize shit. For hw and assignments (in college you rarely have due-next day assignments) I would set up to do them all Friday and organize it by less work/earliest due first to most work/due end of term last. Big projects with late due dates, I would break into parts.

That way I would have the rest of the week for activities! Also it helped I organized my work/class schedule to have Fridays off (my final year I had Mon & Fri off :D).

That strategy worked perfectly and never missed an assignment while still having time for myself.

My assignments take at least 2 days to do. We have to read chapters before the next class and I had it MWF. Coding Lab and Assignment take at least 10 hrs alone. And this haven't been maxed out. I guess this is what I get for trying to become a computer engineer.  :D

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

I'm shocked no one has posted the Shia Labeouf video yet...

I find a good method is to break a task down into smaller ones. For example, if you have to write a 3 page report by next week, make the goal for today to write the first paragraph. I often find that once I get started it's a lot easier to keep going. 

Good luck.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro