Do gaming headphones that do well with music even exist?

SSJ11

I was just wondering because I've never heard of anything like it, especially since gaming headphones usually REALLY suck for music. I was also wondering because I was looking into buying some gaming headphones and would LOVE some headphones for music as well but kinda don't want to pay out the *** for two decent pairs of headphones...

So, does such a thing exist?

Sennheiser has a headset that is OK........ But your better off getting path m50s or hd280s and steel series siberia v2s

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

HEADPHONES are good for gaming and music. Headsets are good for just gaming (arguably). The 'headset' you are looking for is headphones!

Not really, AD700's are pretty sh*tty for music, they really don't sound very good.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Holy Jesus Christ that's expensive....

Sennheiser has a headset that is OK........ But your better off getting path m50s or hd280s and steel series siberia v2s

I heard the Siberia V2s suck for music though? (When it comes to music I'm a bit of an audiophile)

I heard the Siberia V2s suck for music though? (When it comes to music I'm a bit of an audiophile.

You didn't post a budget so I expected it was unlimited

I heard the Siberia V2s suck for music though? (When it comes to music I'm a bit of an audiophile.

its better to get both for separate uses. If you want bothbyoubcan look at the new skull candy hesh. OK ish for both categories.
This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

HEADPHONES are good for gaming and music. Headsets are good for just gaming (arguably). The 'headset' you are looking for is headphones!

Not really, AD700's are pretty sh*tty for music, they really don't sound very good.

They're about 60/40 I'll admit but I wouldn't say they were terrible. Adequate is the term I would use.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

So then does a pair TRULY exist then? Cause it seems like some are great for one thing but OK for the other...

I was already considering getting the Siberia v2s but since I heard that music listening kinda sucks, I've been on the fence.

If anyone owns a pair, can you confirm weather or not they're good for music as well?

he could also buy 12 second hand cars for that

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Well obviously I don't have much of a budget but I don't want to kill my saving account to buy them.

I was just wondering how much it would (reasonably) cost to get a pair if they did exist...

Idk for a budget lets say 150-200 USD? for those of you who need a budget, this is about what I'm willing to spend.

Why not ask the question the other way around: Are there musical headphones that are also good for gaming? Imo that would make more sense and any reference open headphone with a good soundstage and good reviews in your budget would do the job I guess. 

Personally I have the AKG Q701s, and I really like them for gaming and music. Though I'm also using a tube amp to drive them because when using my on-board audio I found them to be a bit flat when listening to music but still definitely enjoyable.  

yep

post-2523-0-71191600-1378382664_thumb.jp

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

You could get the Sony MA900, open backed with good positional audio but the 70mm drivers really do perform well with music.

Headset

You could get the Sony MA900, open backed with good positional audio but the 70mm drivers really do perform well with music.

Driver size has nothing to do with sound quality.

Driver size has nothing to do with sound quality.

Some of the reviewers put the quality of the low end bass down to the driver size.

Headset

Some of the reviewers put the quality of the low end bass down to the driver size.

Well then those reviewers don't know anything about audio. IEM's use 5-8mm drivers and produce more bass than most headphones.

Well then those reviewers don't know anything about audio. IEM's use 5-8mm drivers and produce more bass than most headphones.

IEMs are completely different to headphones. The big driver thing has been noted before on Innerfidelity and by some of the better reviewers on Head-fi. 

Headset

IEMs are completely different to headphones. The big driver thing has been noted before on Innerfidelity and by some of the better reviewers on Head-fi. 

Exactly, so don't go around saying driver size matters, it doesn't. There are a lot of new people on this forum asking questions and I don't want them to get the notion that X headphones sound better with a 70 mil driver will sound better than a headphone with smaller drivers. 

Exactly, so don't go around saying driver size matters, it doesn't. There are a lot of new people on this forum asking questions and I don't want them to get the notion that X headphones sound better with a 70 mil driver will sound better than a headphone with smaller drivers. 

I never said driver size alone means better quality, i think people who read the post should understand that. I said that the drivers in the MA900 are supposed to be very good and use similar technology to the XB1000 that Sony developed which people also said are improved by the 70mm drivers. Of course it is the implementation and the technology that goes into the driver that improves sound quality but they were more or less stating that it would not have been possible with a much smaller driver. This gives the ability to make an open headphone with very good low end bass which is not that common.

Headset

they were more or less stating that it would not have been possible with a much smaller driver.

This simply isn't true. It is certainly easier to tune a certain size speaker to any given frequency curve, which may help Sony reach a reasonable price point, but any speaker of any size can play any frequency (so long as the circuits allow it, of course).

OP, "gaming" headsets are just cheap headphones with integrated mics that are marketed to gamers who know nothing about audio. They are a peripheral first and a sound reproduction system last.

you forgot the preamp, and you need 2 of those monoblocks

to the OP

I've read the PC360 sound very similar to HD555's,

that's about as good as it gets for headsets and music.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac