Should I buy from massdrop?

AlanAlan

Are the prices there good? What's your opinions of mass drop? Is it legit or will it scam? I want to buy a ssd there should I ?

its legit and the prices are often good, but make sure to look on other sites and see if they sell it cheaper before buying

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he鈥檒l do!

Are the prices there good? What's your opinions of mass drop? Is it legit or will it scam? I want to buy a ssd there should I ?

Yeah, Massdrop is cool

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 馃檪

I'm 99.999999999999999999% sure it's legit, if linus advertised it in the past I'm sure it's fine.聽

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4 聽Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD聽Sound: Custom One Pros聽Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

linus sponsors it, its not a fake or scam.聽

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX聽| SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3聽| Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular |聽Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT聽| Cooler Master Box MB511 |聽ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync |聽Logitech G 304 Lightspeed聽|聽Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker聽

linus sponsors it, its not a fake or scam.聽

snip akg "Limited edition"

lol i own one of said limited editions xD they get redropped like every 2 weeks xD

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast):CPU:Intel i7 8086k聽|Cooler:Fully Custom Rigid Loop聽|聽MOBO:聽Asus Z370-I ITX聽|GPU:Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars|RAM:32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB聽|SSD:Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD聽|Case:Fractal Design Nano S|PSU:Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables聽|聽

Is the shipping messed up? I heard it doesn't ship to you until 2 months is that fishy

All I've heard about Massdrop is that you'll get what you order, but usually months after you place the order.

not always. some drops dont take that long. my akgs took like 2 weeks for the drop and like a week shipping, shipping isnt the thing that takes longer, but its the drop time til it ends. that can take a month

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast):CPU:Intel i7 8086k聽|Cooler:Fully Custom Rigid Loop聽|聽MOBO:聽Asus Z370-I ITX聽|GPU:Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars|RAM:32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB聽|SSD:Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD聽|Case:Fractal Design Nano S|PSU:Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables聽|聽

Is the shipping messed up? I heard it doesn't ship to you until 2 months is that fishy

The reason they don't ship to you until 2 months after depends on when the drop ends. They want to give you the lowest possible price and the longer the drop is the more people that save money. Massdrop doesn't carry the products and such they need to have the product sent to their warehouse to then redistribute to the buyer from the original company. 聽It takes a while for the bulk orders to arrive in time as well.

pretty good, though like others said sometimes the deals arnt the best. yea you may save 10 bucks but may take a month till it ships, would rather spend that 10 dollars and get it in a week or less.

Now some deals are worth the wait but the site is definitely trustworthy

Massdrop is a group buying website. They find good bulk deals on items that people want to buy, a bunch of people commit to buying them then massdrop takes a bulk delivery of the items purchased, divide them up into individual packages then ship them. That whole process takes time, a week or two for the "drop" while they wait for people to buy it, then they have to place the delivery and the manufacturer has to fulfil the delivery which might mean just getting the stock together or it might mean making all the stock from scratch, then it has to be delivered to massdrop then they have to separate it then it gets delivered to you. You can see why it could take a month or two now?

If you`re from the US, hell yeah, the rest of the world? not so much, my Grado SE80 took almost 4 weeks

to game or not to game, that`s the question

I buy from massdrop fairly often but I do have to say that half the time you can find the same items cheaper somewhere else. always price check. shipping times can be a bitch but if you arent in a rush its a pretty solid site.聽

Massdrop is alright, it's a nice way to get exposed to different products that don't often make it onto you radar, however their prices aren't exactly brilliant depending on their agreement with the manufacturers. 聽However do keep close tabs on Massdrop exclusive products, they often take nice things in the audio world and offer them with their own custom branding. 聽Unfortunately a lot of their branded stuff is made in China, when their equivalent products are made in 'better' places (for example the headphones the K7XX is based on are made in Austria, and most normal O2/ODAC combos are made in the USA).

AD2000x Review聽聽Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650,聽Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Massdrop is legit. Not a scam.

But I'd say only go in for rare goods... Things like obscure audio gear or custom keyboards / keycaps.

For something like easily found like an SSD, just buy it straight up from some place like amazon. It will be equivalent price or cheaper; it will arrive much faster; and you'll have a much better return policy.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs