What to do with an arduino?

werto165

I have one, do you guys have some good projects that I could possibly do. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Sell it for a Raspberry PI.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

well, i'm planning on hooking mine up to a potted plant to monitor its soil humidity.

Sell it for a Raspberry PI.

I have one already. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

well, i'm planning on hooking mine up to a potted plant to monitor its soil humidity.

saw quite a good one on reddit.com/r/arduino that did a similar thing. 

saw quite a good one on reddit.com/r/arduino that did a similar thing. 

happen to have a direct link to that? figuring out measurements on my own will be a mess xD

DIY NZXT Hue for your PC

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

control RGB led lights in your computer

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

happen to have a direct link to that? figuring out measurements on my own will be a mess xD

I don't think it was any of the project files or anything but I will post it: http://imgur.com/a/IofCQ not quite wholly related. 

I don't think it was any of the project files or anything but I will post it: http://imgur.com/a/IofCQ not quite wholly related. 

that looks surprisingly simple actually, from the looks of it the humidity sensor is pretty much two plates that form a resistance based on the humidity of the soil.

Make robot of some sort, preferably a doomba style one, Idk I'm using one to make a controllable mag lev system, they have so many potential uses I don't know what to recommend.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just wondering, but what type of Arduino do you have? I'm assuming an Uno, but I could be wrong. ^_^

Just wondering, but what type of Arduino do you have? I'm assuming an Uno, but I could be wrong. ^_^

Yeah uno, I've done some stuff before like shift registers and dot matrix displays, I just want more hardware to mess around with really. 

Yeah uno, I've done some stuff before like shift registers and dot matrix displays, I just want more hardware to mess around with really. 

Awesome! An idea that I've been kicking around that may be a bit fun is a device that tests to see if two people are in love.

This sounds a bit crazy, but hear me out! Two years ago Professor Emilio Ferrer at UC Davis published two papers that essentially said that if two people that are either in a relationship or like each other stare at each other for a few minutes their heart beats will sync up. The same behavior was not observed between people that were not in a relationship. Links to the papers are here and here. I will admit that the science is a bit sketchy since I haven't seen another researcher publish any similar results, and the sample size used in these experiments was only 32 couples. But why not make a device that measures two individuals heat beats and experiment on some people yourself?

You'd need the Arduino, a display of your choice, a clock module if you want to be super accurate and not use millis(), and two pulse sensors which can be found here at a minimum. Haven't read the documentation for the sensors so I don't know if any supporting hardware is required. Probably not.

Your program would start by getting a baseline reading of the time between one pulse on each sensor. Heat rate may also be an interesting metric to measure. Have the program watch the time between pulses and see if the heart rate changes, and by how much. Based on these two metrics you should be able to see if the beats are syncing and determine if the two people are actually in love. (Note: I'd measure the time on the front and back end of each beat. May help with accuracy.)

I did something like this at Valentines day last year, only it spat out random numbers for how much the two people liked each other. (Don't judge me, it was like 1 am when I did it and Valentines was the next day. xD) People absolutely loved it. Left it in a common area and couples went by all day testing their "love" (aka luck on getting a good random number). Kinda like those arcade games that are like squeeze the handle to see how good you are at kissing or whatever. Point is, you'll be able to have some fun with this.

If you do decide to do it tell me how it goes and if you need help don't hesitate to ask!

~Cheers!