Good 3D printers sub 500$ (US)

jman116

I am looking for a good 3D printer to invest in, with a sizable build bed and ability to upgrade to heated bed.

Would be nice if on Amazon, but will buy from other places including Massdrop.

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GT 730

Attachcorethingy: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infoholdstick: 4x2GB sticks

Computerarmor: Lenovo Case

Rememberdoogle: 2 250 Gig Drives

AdditionalPylons: Generic 300 Watt

Letterpad: Lenovo

Buttonrodent: Lenovo

Aural Interface: Sony

Liquidrectangles: 1 1600x900 Vizio TV

I am looking for a good 3D printer to invest in, with a sizable build bed and ability to upgrade to heated bed.

None that I know of.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

So I have a Da Vinci 1.0A its alright but you'd have to immediately void the warranty. I have a 3D printing business and I was looking to buy this one, http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Upgraded-Quality-High-Precision-Reprap-Prusa-i3-DIY-3d-Printer-USA-/272039768516?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

It really depends on what you wanna do with it. I just recommend common ones that can do abs and pla.

Do you want a heated bed? Are you planning on printing just plastic?  

For a nicer one you'd better double that budget.. Most decent 3D printers cost $900+ from what I've seen.

None that I know of.

This has been my experience.

In fact even the Replicator and Replicator 2 printers I've used aren't good printers out of the box.

A bit over budget at $599, but the printrbot simple metal is simply the best bang for the buck 3d printer there is right now. Anything cheaper than this is usually complete crap unless you build your own reprap.

http://printrbot.com/shop/assembled-simple-metal/

This has been my experience.

In fact even the Replicator and Replicator 2 printers I've used aren't good printers out of the box.

From my experience they are great out of the box if you properly set them up. Though i could see if you are new to 3d printing there could be quite a few problems if its not properly configured.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

From my experience they are great out of the box if you properly set them up. Though i could see if you are new to 3d printing there could be quite a few problems if its not properly configured.

They can end up working very well, that's true. I have just run into too many issues of platforms not staying level, prints coming off, and all the other things that 3d printing is still plagued with. It's the only arena where people are willing to drop that much cash on a product that only almost works without constant help. For two grand though... I don't want to have to fiddle.

They're getting better for sure, it just can't come fast enough.

A bit over budget at $599, but the printrbot simple metal is simply the best bang for the buck 3d printer there is right now. Anything cheaper than this is usually complete crap unless you build your own reprap.

http://printrbot.com/shop/assembled-simple-metal/

I can confirm this. I would go for a Printrbot if you can go for the extra money. The simple metal can do automatic bed leveling if you order it with the sensor (It may be a default accessory and is something that will save a lot of time and frustration), and also yields some really good quality prints with some work.

Good luck!