Why does the asus x99 deluxe get such bad reviews?

x99 Deluxe from Asus killed my 5930k and Asus couldn't care less...

What happened is I decided to use their AISuite to auto-OC my new 5930k as I've seen people like Jayztwocentz actually give it positive notes in his video review of it, and at 4.2GHZ and about 56C temps, PC locked up and would never post again.  I even went out and bought a new motherboard to test with and confirmed my CPU was gone.  Called Asus support and they wouldn't do anything because I was overclocking, even though the only thing that was done was run the software that CAME WITH THE MOTHERBOARD.

Before this, I was having random issues getting my system to post as it sometimes took me draining the system completely of power, then trying to boot and it would magically work.  The funny part about this is that it was the exact same issue Linus had in the first Personal Rig 2015 video with the exact same BIOS error code displayed on the motherboard.  Ended up being an XMP issue, which I'd think shouldn't be much of an issue in (then) 2015.

Still a bit sad/angry about it, and still have the dead x99 Deluxe in the trunk of my car.  Intel actually replaced the CPU thankfully, so I bought an MSI x99s Krait and it's been great.

x99 Deluxe from Asus killed my 5930k and Asus couldn't care less...

What happened is I decided to use their AISuite to auto-OC my new 5930k as I've seen people like Jayztwocentz actually give it positive notes in his video review of it, and at 4.2GHZ and about 56C temps, PC locked up and would never post again.  I even went out and bought a new motherboard to test with and confirmed my CPU was gone.  Called Asus support and they wouldn't do anything because I was overclocking, even though the only thing that was done was run the software that CAME WITH THE MOTHERBOARD.

Before this, I was having random issues getting my system to post as it sometimes took me draining the system completely of power, then trying to boot and it would magically work.  The funny part about this is that it was the exact same issue Linus had in the first Personal Rig 2015 video with the exact same BIOS error code displayed on the motherboard.  Ended up being an XMP issue, which I'd think shouldn't be much of an issue in (then) 2015.

Still a bit sad/angry about it, and still have the dead x99 Deluxe in the trunk of my car.  Intel actually replaced the CPU thankfully, so I bought an MSI x99s Krait and it's been great.

Sorry for your lost dude....

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I went for the Sabertooth instead of the Deluxe, it had everything I needed (not planning to do anything higher than 2xSLI / Xfire) and if it needs to be white, it's very easy to paint. Just take the "armor" off and start painting. Can't say anything bad about it so far (Got it for about a month now).

Spoiler

i7 5820k @4.6Ghz (1.3V) // Asus X99 Sabertooth // Sapphire R9 390 Nitro (1120Mhz/1700Mhz) // 16GB DDR4 // BenQ Xl2730z for dat Freesync mhmhmhmh