The Division

koji

Is this game worthy of purchasing? I mean please dont rate its worthiness based on your wallet's capacity.

I am a poor guy w/ just sufficient money. I can purchase this via creditcard and pay a month later. Maybe I will lack few $$ but I can pull it out within the month maybe.  Lol.

The game will unlock by less than 2 months according to steam.

And is this game like an ORPG that is a First Person Shooting game? Please help me by giving your insights on this game. Because so far, based on what I can see.. I really like this game.

Thanks a lot. Every comment is a big help to me.

EDIT: Pardon me for this, I am really noob on game purchasing. I also have no idea if I have to pre-purchase 1 week before it's unlocking or to purchase later.. Biggest I purchased is GTA V.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

Well 1.

Don't preorder video games.

For big released I am unsure about I usually wait for one of Totalbiscuit's videos.

Why not pre-order? It's cheaper and gives benefit right? Hm.. I might pre-order on their last day of pre-orders so please enlighten me why not. Thanks a lot I really appreciate.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

Why not pre-order? It's cheaper and gives benefit right? Hm.. I might pre-order on their last day of pre-orders so please enlighten me why not. Thanks a lot I really appreciate.

I can't sufficiently explain why.

one of the main reasons is the devs have your money so it encourages them to release a sub par game.

It's not cheaper either.

Totalbiscuit is one of my favorite youtubers, I shall refer you to him on. This is a good video.

I make bad life decisions.

Is this game worthy of purchasing?

Nobody knows its not out

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

My coworker is about to purchase the most expensive pre-order version of the division. I want to beat the crap out of him. He won't listen to my arguments.

Save your money, read reviews when it's released and purchase if you like what you see.

one of the main reasons is the devs have your money so it encourages them to release a sub par game.

It's not cheaper either.

Totalbiscuit is one of my favorite youtubers, I shall refer you to him on. This is a good video.

Also this, it harms the industry...period

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Also this, it harms the industry...period

That's pretty generic though.

OP wanted specific reasons I believe.

That's pretty generic though.

OP wanted specific reasons I believe.

I quoted you to back your point, TB says all that needs to be said on the matter as to why it does.

System Specs

Best way to know. Go to Ebay and buy a Beta key for 1$ then play the Beta from 28th - 30th (PC & PS4) and 27th - 30th (Xbone)

I quoted you to back your point, TB says all that needs to be said on the matter as to why it does.

This is true

When you pre-order, you're giving the company the money back they spent on making the game and you don't even have the game yet. You have nothing feasible until launch day.

You also don't know for a fact that the game is even worth your money. As much as I'm being pleasantly surprised by the game so far, and what I'm seeing for the PC port, I'm still not pre-ordering because that locks me in to a purchase that gets me nothing until launch day, and I personally have no idea whether it's good or not.

So wait until it's released. You don't get anything worth your money in the pre-order bonuses. It's there to make it look nice and make you buy it. Just don't do it.

You can pre-order it on Steam for instance, get beta key and play it.

If you don't like it, you can ask for refund. Even upon release, if you play it (full game) for less than 2 hours, you can refund it in a period of 14 days.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

It's not cheaper either.

Thanks a lot. I understand now.

My coworker is about to purchase the most expensive pre-order version of the division. I want to beat the crap out of him. He won't listen to my arguments.

Save your money, read reviews when it's released and purchase if you like what you see.

They say beta will start by Jan 29.. So by 1st week of Feb will there be reviews that I can read? Or I should wait for days after March 9 which is the official release?

You can pre-order it on Steam for instance, get beta key and play it.

If you don't like it, you can ask for refund. Even upon release, if you play it (full game) for less than 2 hours, you can refund it in a period of 14 days.

Really I can do that? If that's true then it's a great news. Have you tried it?

For big released I am unsure about I usually wait for one of Totalbiscuit's videos.

totalbiscuit never did one for Assassins Creed Syndicate or Siege or any ubisoft games since ACU 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

They say beta will start by Jan 29.. So by 1st week of Feb will there be reviews that I can read? Or I should wait for days after March 9 which is the official release?

I would wait if I were you until March 8 (which is the release date I believe).

Yeah, publishers/studios offer "incentives" for preordering because they want the money right away, especially if they know their game is not really good and/or has technical issues. They do it because they count on quick money from impatient gamers and people with more money than sense.

Wait for release to read and watch reviews. Totalbiscuit's videos offer honest opinions but even if he wasn't battling cancer, he is still unlikely to create a video for every game that comes out. You should not base the decision on one opinion anyway. If you spend time looking, you will find your own group of trusted review sources and seek consensus between them.

Don't preorder games and don't even listen to people who preorder games.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Yeah, publishers/studios offer "incentives" for preordering because they want the money right away, especially if they know their game is not really good and/or has technical issues. They do it because they count on quick money from impatient gamers and people with more money than sense.

Wait for release to read and watch reviews. Totalbiscuit's videos offer honest opinions but even if he wasn't battling cancer, he is still unlikely to create a video for every game that comes out. You should not base the decision on one opinion anyway. If you spend time looking, you will find your own group of trusted review sources and seek consensus between them.

Don't preorder games and don't even listen to people who preorder games.

Yea, I quite understand why I shouldnt listen to those who preorder. They will try to advertise the game that they've paid w/ a good amount. Human nature. Hehe.

So based on your suggestions.. There wont be reviews or feedbacks that will be released during the beta session? Or if there is it wont be enough to give verdict on the game so I should wait for the official release.. Are my assumptions right?

Is this game worthy of purchasing? I mean please dont rate its worthiness based on your wallet's capacity.

I am a poor guy w/ just sufficient money. I can purchase this via creditcard and pay a month later. Maybe I will lack few $$ but I can pull it out within the month maybe.  Lol.

The game will unlock by less than 2 months according to steam.

And is this game like an ORPG that is a First Person Shooting game? Please help me by giving your insights on this game. Because so far, based on what I can see.. I really like this game.

Thanks a lot. Every comment is a big help to me.

EDIT: Pardon me for this, I am really noob on game purchasing. I also have no idea if I have to pre-purchase 1 week before it's unlocking or to purchase later.. Biggest I purchased is GTA V.

honestly wait for it to release. set aside the money to buy it if it turns out to be good. so its like yea you got the money for it but you don't have the worries of it being bad and a waste of money. there's only been only a few times in my life that i've pre-ordered a game and that was based on the fact that I was already so invested in the series that I would buy it any ways because of the story continuation alone. unless you have the money to possible lose on this gamble just wait till full release.

Yea, I quite understand why I shouldnt listen to those who preorder. They will try to advertise the game that they've paid w/ a good amount. Human nature. Hehe.

So based on your suggestions.. There wont be reviews or feedbacks that will be released during the beta session? Or if there is it wont be enough to give verdict on the game so I should wait for the official release.. Are my assumptions right?

I do not know if the beta has an NDA (non disclosure agreement). I would wait for the official release and open reviews. Many exclusive or early reviews have special stipulations. In exchange for early or exclusive access, some reviewers and youtubers agree to not make negative statements about gameplay or technical aspects. They want the website traffic or video view counts to make more money, get their channels to be more popular and sacrifice their integrity (if they had any to begin with) in the process.

Do not let yourself get caught in the "gotta have it" mentality so many people fall for. You'll be much better off that way.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I do not know if the beta has an NDA (non disclosure agreement). I would wait for the official release and open reviews. Many exclusive or early reviews have special stipulations. In exchange for early or exclusive access, some reviewers and youtubers agree to not make negative statements about gameplay or technical aspects. They want the website traffic or video view counts to make more money, get their channels to be more popular and sacrifice their integrity (if they had any to begin with) in the process.

Do not let yourself get caught in the "gotta have it" mentality so many people fall for. You'll be much better off that way.

Alright.. Thanks a lot buddy.

Thanks for everyone that gave their insights!

totalbiscuit never did one for Assassins Creed Syndicate or Siege or any ubisoft games since ACU 

This is true yes, but I've also been able to get his opinion of them from other videos given that I watch all of them.

If you don't watch all of them like I do because you actually have a life or smth you'd be lost on his opinion on those.