WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I'm using an adata sx900 256GB ssd and an old 640GB western digital blue because I got that old hard drive from my last computer so i didn't have to spend money and the speed of ssd are insane so i just needed to have that at least for my applications.

i have a single 1tb because i was in a tight budget and this was the best i could do and well as of right now i have used up half of it mostly games

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

I have two forums of storage on my desktop that I built. I have a 64 GB SSD from Adata, I use it as a boot drive, and for holding important files. The other drive is a 1TB Seagate Barracuda used for games, and anything too large to fit on my SSD.

Twitter tag name is @Tylertheman98 I posted a link to this contest on my profile

I am running to random 150gb HDD'S. Why? Because they where 10$ each.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I was on a tight budget when I was building my PC so I had to get a cheap storage solution. A mechanical hard drive from... Seagate... was the obvious choice.

X1 500gb 7200 rpm 2.5"
X1 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5"
Both are filled to the brim with data i need
I got both with a 4 year old laptop and just used the drives in my pc build

facebook http://puu.sh/4iRs1.png dont know how to link that i shared somthing so you get a pic

twitter http://puu.sh/4iRwo.png same reasons for the pic ^

other forum http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3734629

AnimeFAN

My current storage solution in my desktop is: 

Corsair force 3 120 GB SSD - Boot drive 

Corsair Force GT 240 GB SSD - Games

WD Black 1TB - Storage

WD Green 2TB - Storage 

In my laptop I have a:

Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD - Boot drive 

Hitachi 1TB - Storage (came with the laptop)

I Like using WD drive's as I have never had one fail on me. 

Corsair 800D - Intel I7 950 @ 4GHz - Corsair H100i -Gigabyte G1 Sniper - EVGA GTX 780 FTW - Corsair Vengeance 3x4GB (12GB) - Corsair 120GB & 240GB  - WD 1TB & 2TB 

I use a 500GB drive, because it was on sale and it has enough room for everything I need to do.

I'm running a 4x2TB WD Red FreeNAS box in Raid-Z configuration because I needed some more space on my desktop and switching to a NAS for media files seemed to be the more economic and long term solution at the time.

I'm currently only running a single 1.5TB drive. I pulled it out of a prebuilt computer when I built my current rig because I was too cheap to buy another.

Wauw, what an awesome giveaway! 

I recenly sold my old 2 x 2TB WD Green Disks, cause i wanted to do an upgrade but then .. not sure if i should get a nas or invest in more fresh TB disks :)
So currently my build has a Corsair Force GT 120GB - and a Samsung 500GB (some sataII-disk, sadly) :) Bought them both off a friend for like 50% discount, its my first SSD - really makes a difference!

Cheers!

Multimedia Student that needs quite some storage for video clips and rendered files. :3 

Took me a few years to get my rig, since I'm gonna need it for my thesis.

180 GB Intel 335 for boot and some games

2 x WD Black 2TB in Raid one for safety.

1 WD My Book Essensials 3TB for Backup

hoping to get a 2 Samsung SSDs that are 500+ GB when I can 1 for boot and one for scratch, bump my Intel to my laptop.

If I can win one WD Red i'd bump my WD blacks into raid 0 for a scratch disk and the red as primary storage.

WD makes awesome drives, too bad my first WD drive died because of a retarded friend though.

Good Luck to everyone and Thank You Linus and WD!

Using 2 1 tb WD Blacks because of all the good things I've heard from everyone about them

I run a 300 GB Intel 320 Series SSD as my boot and applications drive, a 1TB Seagate for storage of my games, photos, video, and music. I also do nightly backups of both drives to an external 1.5TB WD MyPassport. I run this setup because it's what I have available at the moment. Eventually I'd like to build a storage server with FreeNas.

running 2x 120gb vertex 3 in raid-0 just because i like to live on the edge... jk my friend recommended to me.

1. I am currently using a Samsung 830 256gb SSD as my boot drive and for certain programs that benefit from an SSD. And I have a 2tb hard drive for games and storage. I chose the 256gb 830 because I got a good deal on it and it was the most recommended SSD at the time I bought it. And I needed a larger hard drive to store other programs and files as I'm a bit paranoid with SSDs even though the 830 is one of the most reliable SSDs.

my current setup is just a jobd set up in my workstation. 2x wd green 2tb, wd red 2tb, wd 1tb black and a corsair force 3 120gb. i am using my current setup because when it comes to storage you can't beat the cost per gigabyte you get from a mechanical hdd. i have been waiting for wd to update the red drives to offer a 4tb drive. as soon as i get them in stock at work i am picking up 4 of them. i have always run wd drives in my systems because when they fail, and lets be honest here, all hdd do fail. i have always had a super easy warranty/rma claim and turnaround time. 

Have a dedicated backup rig at my parents house with ~12TB of storage, mixed drives... because well, having a offsite backup is nice. And it was just a cheap rig with a mixture of drives I've had over the years

Then I have a couple 4TB external hard drives because they were cheap and nice and portable and plenty fast with the USB 3.0 connection.  

Use BitTorrent Sync to take care of all of this since it's easily portable and doesn't require much work around to deal with different locations, that and it's pretty secure, easy to use, easy to setup, and easy to maintain.

Given the amount of data, it's always nice to add more or at least have another drive as a backup when one ever fails.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I currently have an Adata SX900 64 gb SSD and a WD ( :D ) 240 gb HDD. I chose the config that I have because I wanted a small SSD for speed (boot drive) and it offered a 3 year warranty( I think it is 3 years).

I have the WD  drive for games and storage ( the HDD is fast as heck too). The load times for games are really fast so the speed is good enough for me, however the capacity is not ;) ;) .The reason why I do not have like TB's of storage is because I can not afford any bigger drives.

2. https://www.facebook.com/johnny.ceja/posts/577721282284499

3.  @Speedstack79 https://twitter.com/Speedstack79

person below me is a scrub

If I won...

Let's just say I'd run these bad boys in RAID 0 (these drives are probably not going to fail, so RAID 1 or RAID 0 would just be a waste of awesome hardware).

My video editing would never be slow again. (and I could open those last-minute end-of-term papers much quicker, giving me more time to procrastinate)

:D

I have one cheap and old 500gb and one cheap 250gb WD hard drives that aren't even colour categorized like the new ones. I bought these because they did the job at the time and were cheap but now that I use programs like Photoshop, Cinema 4D, and After Effects, I need faster writing and reading speeds.

Twitter post: https://twitter.com/Coded_Brain/status/375062667976638464

Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1789979/red-4tb-giveaway.html

i9-6930X @ 5.3GHz | ASUS Z1007-A | 64TB G.Skill Ripjaw XIV 2400GHz RAM | GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900R

Corsair CX2500 W | 15TB WD Green | Noctua NH-D24

I'm running 2 ssd's in raid 0 because i wanted configure and try out raid 0 for the first time. I'm running 3tb hdd because my old hard drive died and I needed a storage drive and it was cheap. I'm running a 500 gb wd black because I needed a well priced high performance gaming drive. Each one of my drives has a purpose, gaming, storage, OS/speed.

My System:

CPU: i7 4790k @ stock GPU: EVGA GTX 780 FTW MB: ASUS Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi ac) RAM: CORSAIR Dominator 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2133 CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i SSD: 2 256 GB Samsung 840 Pros in RAID-0 HDD: Western Digital 500 GB Black, Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache PSU: Cooler Master V850 80 Plus Gold Case: Fractal Define R4

I am running a desktop with a 1tb wd green drive because it came with my hp and was reliable, cheap, and made sense. I also use a WD blue 500gb as an external drive for backups, I use it because it works well and it was cheap.

https://www.facebook.com/jake.huitt/posts/573212939381040

https://twitter.com/Flyguygamer/status/375064426790936576

1. My current storage setup is 1x 120GB Intel 330 series SSD, 1x 2TB WD Black, and 1x 2TB Seagate Barracuda. The reason I have this setup is because it was cheap at the time while also allowing me to compare the performance and longevity of a Seagate drive vs a Western Digital Drive of the same caliper. I also chose 2TB drives because I needed a lot of storage for data that may sit there for a long time or may be read over and over again on a daily basis. My 120GB SSD is primarily just my boot drive, and single most played game storage for instant boot times.

2. Facebook Share Charles Shafer : https://www.facebook.com/charles.a.shafer/posts/420272274749337

3. Twitter Share  @CA_Shafer : https://twitter.com/CA_Shafer/status/375062944746176512

I run 1 boot 120GB SSD for my most important programs, and my OS, and I use a 2TB drive for storage of games/movies/music/programs that aren't as important, etc. It was the cheapest option for me at the time, while maintaining a high quality performance speed to my OS!

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |