Apple Granted 41 Patents

EChondo

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2013/09/apple-granted-a-major-patent-for-an-advanced-sensor-based-ui.html/

The US Patent and Trademark Office officially published a series of 41 newly granted patents for Apple Inc. today. In this particular report we cover a major win for an advanced sensor-based user interface that could apply to a future iPhone, desktop display/monitor or even a television. The invention, if implemented, would enable a user to interact with a display at quite a distance. In a desktop application, as a user moves physically away from their desktop, the system will automatically switch from mouse controls to that of hand gesturing controls if the user so choses to do so. In theory, if applied to a TV scenario, the user would be able to use hand gesturing to control TV functionality without a remote. With new 3D depth cameras coming to market in late 2014, Apple may be able to further fine-tune such a unique system.

Apple Granted Patent for a Sensor-Based User Interface

Apple has been granted a major patent today for their invention that generally relates to computer user interface systems and methods, and more specifically to computer user interface systems and methods employing distance, depth and/or proximity sensors.

Presence Sensors will Automatically Control Privacy

Another interesting feature of this new system involves user content that may be able to be hidden or revealed by this new system using presence automatically as noted below. The system may enable or disable applications based on a user's presence or absence.

Gesture Extraction

Apple states that for gesture extraction, it should be understood that the sensor system and/or context engine may be calibrated and trained to learn a specific set of gestures, for example, from a specific user.

Apple Granted Two Design Patents Today

On another note, Apple was granted two design patents today which cover the iBook Author logo and Apple's original iPad cover.

Welp, most I don't agree with(especially gesture extraction).

*Apple granted 41 new ways to sue competitors in the tech industry.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Ninja-Smiley.png

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

So does that mean apple will sue Microsoft over their Kinect? Haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Prediction for thread:

Anti-apple fanboys argue that Apple are not allowed to protect their intellectual property, because they are Apple.

What the hell is an anti-Apple fanboy? 

Lol lol lol. 

Prediction for thread:

Anti-apple fanboys argue that Apple are not allowed to protect their intellectual property, because they are Apple.

Did you actually read it? The Patent is so broad that if The leap motion hadn't come out previously, Apple could take advantage and sue.

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

What the hell is an anti-Apple fanboy? 

Lol lol lol. 

Most of this forum's userbase

Did you actually read it? The Patent is so broad that if The leap motion hadn't come out previously, Apple could take advantage and sue.

I made an prediction on the direction of the thread, not a comment on the patents.

Why is it Apple's fault that they are granted patents that you argue are too broad or too vague? As a company are they supposed to sit back and let someone else patent it?

Most people here wouldn't bat an eyelid if Microsoft was granted these patents.

Most of this forum's userbase

The way your worded it "Anti-apple fanboy" sounds like you're against Apple Fanboys and not against Apple.

Also it is Apple's fault for the vague patents, because they are the ones who write it up.

And I would be pissed if ANY company were filing patents like this.

The way your worded it "Anti-apple fanboy" sounds like you're against Apple Fanboys and not against Apple.

Also it is Apple's fault for the vague patents, because they are the ones who write it up.

The hyphen shows that the fanboy is anti-Apple.

If Apple don't make the patent then someone else is free to do so.

If your issue is with vague patents then you have an issue with the patent system, not with companies that rely on patents to protect their ideas, surely?

The hyphen shows that the fanboy is anti-Apple.

If Apple don't make the patent then someone else is free to do so.

If your issue is with vague patents then you have an issue with the patent system, not with companies that rely on patents to protect their ideas, surely?

I think that apple is getting so much flack because they do sue other companies over bs patents, which is to the cost of the consumer. Which is why a lot of people are against this practice. That's not to say that apple are alone in this practice, but they have received a lot of publicity for doing so, making them a prime target for this negativity. Yes, its really the fault of the system, but it also hurts their brand name as people associate them with spending the consumers money on oppressing the opposition rather then to make good stuff. 

I m sorry that s not how patents work.(I think)

the patent enable them to sue any one even if the product was out before they got the patent if it is still sold ATM.

Most companies don't t do it tho but... apple isn t know to operate that way.

I expect many lawsuits incoming.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Oh great... get ready for a more litigation and no innovation... again...

I dont think any one is just bashing apple because they're apple.  I hate the US patent system for these kind of ridiculous patents.  I also hate apple because they write these up and spend a ton of money to get them passed and then sue everyone they can.  Apple is less to blame for this then the US patent system.  I mean a patent on a rectangle with rounded corners.  Thats ridiculous and the US patent office should have charged apple for the time and money wasted on denying it but instead they passed it.  The system is broken and Apple isnt to blame for that.  Its not the most morally sound thing to use the broken system to your advantage but I cant lay all the hate at their feet.  If people are really upset then they should write their state reps and the patent office to state their opinion on the matter.  That is the only way something like this can change.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

he's Right you know. It's extremely broad.

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon