Looking at getting a new Gpu

Vailos

hello all im looking at getting a new GPU for my system and im upgrading from a 780, looking at gitting a r9 390 but im unsure on what i should get for a card in my price range of 375-425  USD 

390/X

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Why not get another 780? It's still a plenty powerful card, about as powerful as a 390 and you could probably get one for around $300.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

To be honest the R9 390 isn't that of a huge leap over the 780. If you can find an R9 390X then sure but unless you're playing at 4K or 1440P the 780 is still good wait till Pascal then upgrade.

i would go sli personally, as used 780s are dropping in price

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

hello all im looking at getting a new GPU for my system and im upgrading from a 780, looking at gitting a r9 390 but im unsure on what i should get for a card in my price range of 375-425  USD 

Just go SLI. There's nothing two 780s can't stomp.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Its a very small upgrade though... Not worth the price.

Spoiler

perfrel_2560_1440.png

perfrel_1920_1080.png

I'd suggest saving up more. Your 780 is still a capable card.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

sell the 780 and buy a 980 ti.

second this ^^

or save up for pascal if you dont mind waiting

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you can get a good offer selling your 780 then it's a nice upgrade. If you can't though I'd just hold on to your 780 and wait for the 14/16 nm gpus in a few months.

For myself the real question is not WHEN TO BUY OR WHAT TO BUY, the real question is during the "waiting time", how to stop yourself spending the money you trying to save,,,  I'm using a 780 too. Also wanna upgrade so I can go full ham on that game settings (using 1440p monitor).

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

thankyou all who replied , i had asked due to some major issues i am having with the card, bought it when  they had first came out so its ran its paces and its getting ready to go. im also starting to get into the content creation for some things and wanted to get a new card to help with performance in the areas needed

thankyou all who replied , i had asked due to some major issues i am having with the card, bought it when  they had first came out so its ran its paces and its getting ready to go. im also starting to get into the content creation for some things and wanted to get a new card to help with performance in the areas needed

Nice, later no matter what decision you make, post it here,.

I am also wanna upgrade my single 780....

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.