Little VR Content from LTT

Seriously did I miss something? The WAN Show before CES they asked what people wanted to see and it was monitors and VR. Sure there was a bit of monitor content, but there was only ONE VR video and it wasn't even from a VR headset. It seems like the videos from CES are all up, but they missed a ton of stuff that i would have liked to see. 

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD

VR is over-rated, and shit.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Typical fulgrim

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

"im going to offer my opinion on something that I havent even used even though nobody asked for my opinion."

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

VR is neither overrated nor shit. It's just too expensive right now. VR is an amazing technology that won't go away unlike 3D TV' s.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

As Socrates/Plato/Aristotle/[insert name of correct ancient philosopher here] said, "A wise man speaks when he has something to say, an idiot speaks when he has to say something". You can't just pluck content out of thin air when doing show coverage, and from what I gather, there wasn't a whole lot of actual news at CES, and the bit of news that was there mainly came from laptops and motherboards, not VR devices.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

You make me sad, very... very sad.

VR is love, VR is life.

Though, I might be biased because I personally can't wait for vr, and was one of the original backers of the Oculus Rift, still keeping my DK1 on a shelf in my room.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Tested does a better job of VR stuff anyway. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

VR is neither overrated nor shit. It's just too expensive right now. VR is an amazing technology that won't go away unlike 3D TV' s.

YEAH BUT UNLIKE 3D TV ITS ACTUALLY WORTH SOMETHING

xan't wait to play war thunder ­>.>

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

It totally could be. I haven't seen the new updates on the new headsets though and i want to see how they have changed. Just because you don't like VR doesn't mean the rest of the community doesn't.

As Socrates/Plato/Aristotle/[insert name of correct ancient philosopher here] said, "A wise man speaks when he has something to say, an idiot speaks when he has to say something". You can't just pluck content out of thin air when doing show coverage, and from what I gather, there wasn't a whole lot of actual news at CES, and the bit of news that was there mainly came from laptops and motherboards, not VR devices.

LTT hasn't really done any VR content, even though it is a big change coming up in PC gaming. It might be slow to come, but eventually head mounted displays will be important for a lot of PC users and even console users.

So all the videos are up now? Well that's disappointing, they missed some fancy stuff, but I guess cars, fridges and battery banks are more important.

Kek

Oh well, maybe tek syndicate covered the rest.

They did a Round up for the laptops, so i'm guessing that means they ran out of CES stuff and need filler while they get settled back in at the office.

Tested does a better job of VR stuff anyway. 

Not really. They do interviews, but they don't try to get any information from them. You would be just as good to listen to their PR guy talk for 5 minutes compared to watching the 6 minutes of interview that tested does every conference. 

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD