Best cpu under $100

I would definitely go amd like an fx 6300 or so...4 cores necessary at minimum if you want to do anything..Dual cores should not even exist anymore...

Save another allowance for the i3 3160, go for a second hand i5 4440 or go for an FX 6300

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Anyone who knows anything is not listening to you, we are just all trying to make sure the less educated others know you are a delirious outcast who is actually completely uneducated in the matter being discussed.

You seem really mad, sir.  Maybe you should just go back to working on semi trucks :)

You seem really mad, sir.  Maybe you should just go back to working on semi trucks :)

Seriously shut up & take it on the chin, you like a real asshat.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

an i3 creams all of AMD's current cpus. You can also upgrade the i3 to an i7 later, while all AMD cpus are locked to the dying AM3+ socket.

Im on a tight budget and have 100 dollars to spend on a cpu. If someone could send me in the right direction as to where i can get the best bang for my buck it would be very much appreciated. :)  :)  :)

AMD FX 6300. costs 98 bucks.

it DESTROYS anything intel has below 100 bucks

an i3 creams all of AMD's current cpus. You can also upgrade the i3 to an i7 later, while all AMD cpus are locked to the dying AM3+ socket.

Haswell and earlier i3s are equal or worse then AMD FX 6300 in games.

Skylake i3 6100 is BETTER then anything in its price bracket.

If you can spare $10 I would say an i3

On the AMD side its a x4 860k, and if you won't play games where 4+ cores are needed a G3258 until you can upgrade it

Don't be stupid, he didn't even ask for a gaming processor, and neither of the ones you mentioned are "gaming" processors, especially the 4 year old 6300

This is the real question^^

I was planning to do some light gaming on it. Also U.S.D

860K or or Older Gen (Sandy or Ivy) i5. Or like Linus did to save money, TWO FSB XEONS

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Turbo 3.5GHz | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333 | MSI Radeon R7 370 OC to 1020mhz | EVGA Supernova NEX B1 750W | GIGABYTE GA-B85-D3H | Inwin Velocity OEM Case | 120mm broken fan

Vancouver, BC | O Canada

Im on a tight budget and have 100 dollars to spend on a cpu. If someone could send me in the right direction as to where i can get the best bang for my buck it would be very much appreciated. :)  :)  :)

go for fx 6300