Nexus 5X gets a price cut - Now starting at $349

Guest Kloaked

Original article: http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5x-gets-permanent-30-price-cut-google-now-starting-349

5x-gallery-thumb-01.jpg

The new iteration of the beloved Nexus 5's successor, the Nexus 5X started at an awkward price point for many people, seeing as how the phone didn't really have a whole lot to offer other than being a step up in specs from the original. Well, the biggest differences really were the camera and the addition of a nice fingerprint reader.

Recently, the phone had been on sale a couple of times from Google, and I assume this price cut is because Google/LG sold so many units during the sales compared to the regular sale season.

If you've been looking for another deal on the Nexus 5X to become available, you'll be happy to hear that Google has permanently cut the price of the phone by $30, dropping the starting price down to $349. Google has offered a number of deals on the Nexus 5X already, dropping the price by as much as $80 during some promotional periods, but this is not just another promotion. This is the new price of the smartphone, making it an even better value than it was before.

This is good, in my opinion. While the Nexus 5X is a great phone in my experience, all it has going for it over other offerings like the similarly priced Moto X or even the OnePlus 2 if you hate yourself that much (I'm kidding (but not really)) is that you get the Nexus experience.

If they included an AMOLED display and a metal frame, then actual dual front facing speakers and STOPPED WITH THE FOOKIN' 16GB OF STORAGE SPACE, I would think the original price for the phone would be more than justified.

There's also other complaints about the phone's vibration motor being too high pitched (it's fine for me, but it is high pitched compared to my Moto X 2013), some phones running slow due to Google's encryption, etc.

But overall it's a good phone, but it has some quirks you need to be willing to deal with.

Still 500 euros in Europe <3

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

500 Euro equals

541.53 US Dollar

Wow, glad I'm not you :) .

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

rest in rip

I wonder if it'll change soon-ish™

Yep Google really overpriced the 5X in europe  :angry:

16GB starts at 370 and 32GB at 440 euros in the Netherlands.

If they'd make them like 350 and maybe 400 euros. I'd consider adding an X to my Nexus.

500 Euro equals
541.53 US Dollar
Wow, glad I'm not you :) .

Nexus 6P costs the same as Note 5 here. Logic.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would probably get the OnePlus x if I were in the market for a new phone today, I have the OnePlus one and it's does everything I throw at it. It's £200 instead of £300 like with this. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I would probably get the OnePlus x if I were in the market for a new phone today, I have the OnePlus one and it's does everything I throw at it. It's £200 instead of £300 like with this. 

Isn't the OPO still a good phone today? I don't recall the specs of it but from what I remember it's still a "flagship killer".

oneplus x is outdated, worse camera, worse processor, no fingerprint reader and you have to deal with oneplus.

Spoiler

oneplus x is outdated, worse camera, worse processor, no fingerprint reader and you have to deal with oneplus.

It is? I don't really follow phones, I just got bored of them to be honest. OPO is more than I need, I haven't had any issues with one plus personally. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

had it been that price when I was shopping... oh well, I'm pretty satisfied with my alcatel one touch (let's be honest, with the price of the CAD, it would have been 250 more anyway).

note: I have given up on contract phones. I buy my phones and they belong to me.

Isn't the OPO still a good phone today? I don't recall the specs of it but from what I remember it's still a "flagship killer".

Oh I thought that OP had stopped selling them... 

EDIT: nope they're like £170 which isn't bad to be fair. 

It is? I don't really follow phones, I just got bored of them to be honest. OPO is more than I need, I haven't had any issues with one plus personally. 

sd801, 13mpix old sensor, no fingerprint scanner. It's an okay phone, but it really doesn't compete with Nexus 5x.

Spoiler

Did drop to 299 Pounds in the UK. I guess it used to be 339.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

When deciding between the two, price wise it was obvious to just bump up to the 6p since the base models for both were so close together (in the US). it's good there lowering it to actually compete

then again...I used the same thought process to bump up my 32 gb 6p to the 64 gb model xD

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Still wouldn't recommend this phone since it throttles after 2 minutes according to anandtech. It's also not much faster than the original nexus 5.

Still wouldn't recommend this phone since it throttles after 2 minutes according to anandtech. It's also not much faster than the original nexus 5.

Mine hasn't throttled to the point of it being noticeable.

There's also some people on the phone's subreddit saying that they use some custom ROM and whatever else it is to underclock the CPU for tasks and some other diddlybits, resulting in better performance and even more battery life (as much as two extra hours of SoT).

meh, for 349 i'd rather pick up the Xiaomi Mi note/note pro or the 64GB Zenfone 2

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I have the phone and it doesn't throttle in 2 minutes more like 15 minutes of Heavy use.

Mine hasn't throttled to the point of it being noticeable.

There's also some people on the phone's subreddit saying that they use some custom ROM and whatever else it is to underclock the CPU for tasks and some other diddlybits, resulting in better performance and even more battery life (as much as two extra hours of SoT).

I have the phone and it doesn't throttle in 2 minutes more like 15 minutes of Heavy use.

Meanwhile, Snapdragon 808 can only keep its two A57 cores at their peak frequency for two minutes before throttling both down to 633MHz and putting the A53s up to their peak 1.44GHz. After twelve minutes the A57s are just shut off entirely, and you're left with a cluster of 4 A53 cores at 1.44GHz. I didn't bother running this test as long as I did for Snapdragon 800 and 805 because the events at the two and twelve minute marks tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9742/the-google-nexus-5x-review/3

Unless Anandtech received a sample with a low asic chip, the 5x is a disaster when it comes to performance.

Yep Google really overpriced the 5X in europe  :angry:

16GB starts at 370 and 32GB at 440 euros in the Netherlands.

If they'd make them like 350 and maybe 400 euros. I'd consider adding an X to my Nexus.

32GB model is 70 euro more than than 16GB version. 70 euro for 16GB storage....my sweet Jesus.

Nexus 6P costs the same as Note 5 here. Logic.

Nexus 6P ~$675 here.

Nexus 5X ~$475 here.

Not terribly expensive. Except for the 6P. It's not worth the money , even more so when there's the 5X.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Nexus 6P ~$675 here.

Nexus 5X ~$475 here.

oh yea

€370 in Dutch webshops

I found 16GB for 400, still pretty bad

Spoiler

yeah but its £350 here ($504 USD) so fuck that

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii