Best free antivirus

I want something not too resource heavy and not bloated. I don't need the most crazy thing since I'm not stupid on the internet.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

If you're using W10, the included solution might be just fine. Otherwise, Avast is a popular option.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Free: Windows Defender + Malware bytes (Best solution for free antivirus)

Paid: Bitfender (Best Antivirus made)

As always you pay for a reason, but the free solution is still great!

Might add this later...

I would say Avast

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

avast and malware bytes

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Avast or Avira works great. tho sometimes annoying.

personaly i just buy those cheap Bitdefender keys when they are on sale or something. xD

Like others said, avast is nice.

AVG can also be considered. Although quite some months ago they keep trying to force "AVG Safe Search" into my browser. Kind of annoying.

A while ago a "benchmark" was done and found Panda to be one of the best.

Also, malware bytes, although just use it every month or two, don't need to keep it installed forever.

common sense

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

common sense

Wait till LTT becomes compromised, or some other trusted website. It's only a matter of time.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Wait till LTT becomes compromised, or some other trusted website. It's only a matter of time.

idk I kind of don't mind as of now. I hte having popups all the time

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Free: Windows Defender + Malware bytes (Best solution for free antivirus)

Paid: Bitfender (Best Antivirus made)

As always you pay for a reason, but the free solution is still great!

Windows Defender used to be a paid service. AKA Microsoft Security Essentials

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Windows Defender used to be a paid service. AKA Microsoft Security Essentials

Windows Defender/Security Essentials are the same thing now to my knowledge, they merged together over the years.

Might add this later...

Windows Defender/Security Essentials are the same thing now to my knowledge, they merged together over the years.

Yeah it was renamed. Microsoft partnered with about 15 antivirus and malware comapanies to create Defender.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Microsoft also has their Enterprise software, SCEP. 

Anyway, just use what your PC has, Windows Defender. Accompany it with MalwareBytes. You'll be fine then. 

ESET has gotta be my favorite; lightweight, doesn't bug you and doesn't have any annoying additional software (ie random toolbars). It's paid but only like $20 for a year. I couple it with Malwarebytes. The freeware others mentioned would be fine, but I'm a bit paranoid so I pay. Average user doesn't have to.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro