What to buy with my money.

iCantThinkOfAName

I have £210 and I w ant to spend it on a new monitor (I'm using a 800x600 toshiba from like 2007) and a graphics card, I used to have an r9 380 xfx but I sent it back because I didn't like it :P. The games I would be playing would be crysis 3, battlefield 3, metro last light and games similar to that at low to medium settings and the monitor would need to be 1080p. Any suggestions for both?

380, you already had the best card at that price range.

yes but I had some heat problems with it.

I only use amazon and ebuyer for hardware and periphirals

Edited by iCantThinkOfAName

You aren't going to find anything better than a R9 380 for a graphics card in that price range.

If you want to buy a halfway decent GPU and monitor with 210, you're going to have to look in the used market.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Make sure to follow your topics, so that you don't have to be quoted. :D

The Nitro is an option then. But a 380 is what you want.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I have £210 and I w ant to spend it on a new monitor (I'm using a 800x600 toshiba from like 2007) and a graphics card, I used to have an r9 380 xfx but I sent it back because I didn't like it :P. The games I would be playing would be crysis 3, battlefield 3, metro last light and games similar to that at low to medium settings and the monitor would need to be 1080p. Any suggestions for both?

Just get a 380 again... I mean why didn't you like yours?

For a monitor check used local ads first. You can often get good deals on there. Then there's this Dell which is awesome http://pcpartpicker.com/part/dell-monitor-s2415h

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You sent back an R9 380? You're gonna need more than £210 to buy a monitor and a card at that standard.  

Try this monitor for £62: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009POS0GS/ref=twister_B00OVTKU92?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I don't really know what to tell you about the GPU.  Maybe an R7 370 (£86.71) or something?  Thats a step down from the 380 though.  You could also try a GTX 750ti but you won't have enough for a monitor and a GPU upgrade from the R9 380.

I would just buy the 380 again.  It's the best card in that price range.

I've changed my mind and I've decided that I'm not going to get rid of the monitor however I was thinking of getting a new phone aswell. So I was thinking of getting something like a 960 msi or asus or a 380 msi or asus. I know I'm going off topic a bit but what phone would you recommend, I was thinking of a used lg g3 for £170. Any good?

I've changed my mind and I've decided that I'm not going to get rid of the monitor however I was thinking of getting a new phone aswell. So I was thinking of getting something like a 960 msi or asus or a 380 msi or asus. I know I'm going off topic a bit but what phone would you recommend, I was thinking of a used lg g3 for £170. Any good?

Um, fuck the new phone? Put that money in your rig man!

Um, fuck the new phone? Put that money in your rig man!

well, um, im using an iphone 4 atm and its insanely slow, I think I might need a new phone! :P

well, um, im using an iphone 4 atm and its insanely slow, I think I might need a new phone! :P

Priorities my man. You're getting a new phone and I saved up for a 980ti Hybrid. And I use the shit out of my phone, but it's not a priority because it "works"

Why would you buy a 960 or 380 for 800x600? A GT 730 would be fine for that, I mean that's half of 720p resolution. Or get an i5 and run HD Graphics 4600.

To be fair if he buys a new phone it will likely have a higher resolution screen.

Maybe game on that yeah! Jolly super.

Priorities my man. You're getting a new phone and I saved up for a 980ti Hybrid. And I use the shit out of my phone, but it's not a priority because it "works"

Yup, fuck the phone, I'm gonna use this old s3 mini I have lying around, and I'm gonna get this r9 380x.

http://www.ebuyer.com/729768-sapphire-r9-380x-nitro-4gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-graphics-11250-01-20g

edit: getting a new monitor soon!

I only use amazon and ebuyer for hardware and periphirals

You use the two worst retailers.

Scan and overclockers.co.uk are great.

Aria PC And cclonline are good aswell.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

You use the two worst retailers.

Scan and overclockers.co.uk are great.

Aria PC And cclonline are good aswell.

looking at those retailers now, saw a 960 windforce, will a r9 380 (or 380x as I saw a deal on one) be better or should I go with the nvidia card, I dont care about cuda.

looking at those retailers now, saw a 960 windforce, will a r9 380 (or 380x as I saw a deal on one) be better or should I go with the nvidia card, I dont care about cuda.

It depends on the cpu you have. With an i5 or better it's R9 380, no contest, the 380 is about 15% more powerful when combined with a good cpu. With a low end cpu the 960 is probably better when you consider the AMD DX11 overhead that has shown to be a big problem with i3 in Digital Foundry's testing.

A 380 Will be better.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

It depends on the cpu you have. With an i5 or better it's R9 380, no contest, the 380 is about 15% more powerful when combined with a good cpu. With a low end cpu the 960 is probably better when you consider the AMD DX11 overhead that has shown to be a big problem with i3 in Digital Foundry's testing.

I'm running a 4690K, so I think I'll go with my eBuyer option.