Where is Pascal? Nvidia’s Drive PX 2 prototype powered by Maxwell, not Pascal

Mr_Troll

A new studio with a shit game that happens to be a GameWorks game also using a GameWorks engine. Yea, I'm pretty sure Nvidia would want them to push a feature they don't have a handle on yet.

K. If Paragon runs like garbage when it actually releases, I'll believe you.

K. If Paragon runs like garbage when it actually releases, I'll believe you.

Is Paragon or Law Breakers confirmed to be dx12?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Is Paragon or Law Breakers confirmed to be dx12?

Neither is confirmed. Paragon is directly from Epic so I'm guessing they'll have it on DX12 since they own the UE4 engine. If they don't then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Neither is confirmed. Paragon is directly from Epic so I'm guessing they'll have it on DX12 since they own the UE4 engine. If they don't then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides, what I've said is they don't have a grasp on it YET. They can solve their problems with it before launch of either of those. Neither of even has a release date yet.

A new studio with a shit game that happens to be a GameWorks game also using a GameWorks engine. Yea, I'm pretty sure Nvidia would want them to push a feature they don't have a handle on yet.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Nvidia’s Drive PX 2 prototype allegedly powered by Maxwell, not Pascal

<snip>

Well done. Just realized i got fooled aswell with this drive PX2. I actually believed that those were pascal chips like Jen Sun said. 

Source:http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/220818-nvidias-drive-px-2-prototype-allegedly-powered-by-maxwell-not-pascal

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9903/nvidia-announces-drive-px-2-pascal-power-for-selfdriving-cars

Tomsen post in this topic  : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/521232-nvidia-shows-off-drive-px-2-water-cooled-supercomputer-for-self-driving-cars-deep-learning-tech/

Does it matter? It's not a gaming card.

It does.

it does Nvidia said those were pascal GPUS.

They are Maxwell (Laptop style graphics card), but its a mock-up and is not uncommon to do mock-ups for CES. When the final product comes out it may very well be the Pascals installed.

As he mentioned the product was still in research phase and is being partnered by Volkswagen. I am sure we will see the final come out soon.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

why? It's a prototype, they might be using Pascal in the actual version?

Pretty sure Pascal GPU's aren't being manufactured yet, how do you want them to use Pascal?

then this is a early proof of concept not even a prototype as the actual card needs to be massively different with different power delivery system. different connections between the vram and the gpu 

Why do some people have such  hardon for pointing out any little thing Nvidia seems to do wrong? Tall poppy syndrome? 

im not saying that it is but if the card that comes out is maxwell and they said it is pascal it shows a lack of integrity on nvidia's part and after the 3.5GB of full speed memory on the 970 fiasco people are watching nvidia carefully

im not saying that it is but if the card that comes out is maxwell and they said it is pascal it shows a lack of integrity on nvidia's part and after the 3.5GB of full speed memory on the 970 fiasco people are watching nvidia carefully

Don't forget the Kepler nerf thing when Witcher 3 came out.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Why would self driving cars need HBM though?

???

Well let's see to save space and mostly use less power on a electric car

Maybe they're panicking to rework Pascal after async compute performance of Nvidia's architecture in DX12 embarrassed them?

Hope not, it would be great to have a whole generation of AMD recouperating market share.

I can hope...

You must remember that Pascal is Maxwell revision 2.0.It has been added as Volta got delayed.While I don't know if what was shown on stage was really Maxwell or Pascal. All I am saying that it is normal that Pascal board looks identical to Maxwell.

So it's is a rebrand refresh then.

Face it we need Obama to write his 3500 executive order and make Nvidia support Dx12 instead of getting game developers to fight it and stay with the same old crappie where consoules rule because Nvidia wants to control the market through software. That's why consoules rule they are united between software and hardware.

Face it we need Obama to write his 3500 executive order and make Nvidia support Dx12 instead of getting game developers to fight it and stay with the same old crappie where consoules rule because Nvidia wants to control the market through software.

Dear God no. Let's not get the government involved in graphics cards please. They fuck up enough stuff already.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Look how good health care is after 5000 deductibles. Graphics would be the shi5

Pretty sure those are some early versions of Pascal chips that are using GDDR5.

Polaris is what I'm hyped for though, so what do I know about Pascal. Besides the fact that he was a mathematician.

I have had Nvidia cards before at home and work systems never liked there driver interface and was terrible on mole even more

Damn. Was hoping I could finally run Crysis with my car.

Same man. Now it's gone, all gone. No more hope for me. Driving off a cliff.

Pretty sure those are some early versions of Pascal chips that are using GDDR5.

Polaris is what I'm hyped for though, so what do I know about Pascal. Besides the fact that he was a mathematician.

Well you know somewhere between now and back to school releases will start of which chips Noone knows. You also seen there is a nice power savings demonstrated with the new chip, the exact amount secret and to be expected until release.

Well you know somewhere between now and back to school releases will start of which chips Noone knows. You also seen there is a nice power savings demonstrated with the new chip, the exact amount secret and to be expected until release.

Polaris or Pascal? I personally don't care for Pascal, I'm excited for Polaris though.

Pascal is a rebrand unless 30 to 40 % changes its a rebrand. Unless hardware Dx12 rebrand do the same software support.

Pascal is a rebrand unless 30 to 40 % changes its a rebrand. Unless hardware Dx12 rebrand do the same software support.

That is up to you on how you see things, but technically it isn't a rebrand if 0.1% changes.

Also, how do you know what determines "30-40%", did you ever build a GPU before? I can tell you that you have 4000-5000 engineers working on a GPU on average on a 4-5 year cycle. Possibly more engineers for new architecture. Trust me, they are not turning their thumbs.

@GoodBytes 

You keep mentioning that this is Maxwell 2.0. Shouldn't this be like Maxwell 3.0 ? I mean 750Ti is the first gen Maxwell afaik, then the 900 series is the 2nd gen. Also the fact that they lied about what they had on that prototype is illegal. They are a publicly traded company and they can't say: Look we have Pascal up and running, when in fact it's a 980MXM board. There were investors there and according to SEC regulations this is not legal. 

Also regarding rebrands:

AMD didn't change the ASIC of their GPU, they only binned it better/got higher clocks, but they did change the card with better components. So it is more like a refresh/optimization of the cards. 

I must say, the more I read about this, the more worried I get. Back in the day with Fermi and the infamous wood screw, Fermi got delayed more than a quater.

To this day we still haven't seen any prototype from NVidia actually showing either a 16nmFF+ /pascal chip or any HBM chip in any shape or form in any presented prototype what so ever.

Sure we have not actually seen an Arctic Island chip in the flesh, but we have seen HBM implemented, even launched. At CES working polaris prototypes was demoed, and Greenland (or ellesmere) was demoed behind closed doors, meaning we have working prototype 14nm FF LPP GPU's demoed. NVidia haven't even shown us a defective broken chip yet.

Considering AMD has confirmed a Polaris launch on both laptops and desktops before the August school start, I have to question the actual state of Pascal. Will we even see it this year? Maybe only their high end model (Titan) around the holidays?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I must say, the more I read about this, the more worried I get. Back in the day with Fermi and the infamous wood screw, Fermi got delayed more than a quater.

To this day we still haven't seen any prototype from NVidia actually showing either a 16nmFF+ /pascal chip or any HBM chip in any shape or form in any presented prototype what so ever.

Sure we have not actually seen an Arctic Island chip in the flesh, but we have seen HBM implemented, even launched. At CES working polaris prototypes was demoed, and Greenland (or ellesmere) was demoed behind closed doors, meaning we have working prototype 14nm FF LPP GPU's demoed. NVidia haven't even shown us a defective broken chip yet.

Considering AMD has confirmed a Polaris launch on both laptops and desktops before the August school start, I have to question the actual state of Pascal. Will we even see it this year? Maybe only their high end model (Titan) around the holidays?

I hope so. I want to see AMD kick Nvidia's ass