good idea to disbale 2 cores on fx 9590

FX-8320 has 3,5ghz normal speed with turbo boost to 4.0, disable turbo boost for more stability and just try 3,5ghz with 1,4V, it should be 100% working as even an 8320 (which should be a significantly worse overclocker) has lower "default" voltage for that speed.

no turbo? :/

Can't I set turbo to 4.5? It starts thermal throttling at 4.75

no turbo? :/

First try without turbo, see if everything is stable and you have no issues, then you can try to improve performance by overclocking/enabling turbo

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Or get a better cooler ...

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

An aio was a requirement for the 9590. Try getting something like a cm 120v on nh d15 (120v is basically stock cooling for the thing). They are relatively cheap for what you get and should keep the cpu at acceptable temps. Also you can maybe try undervolting your chip

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

if you use a 4x4GB kit of RAM, downclock RAM to 1600Mhz.

FX IMC is shit. and downclocking the RAM will help

threres a correct profile for my ram in bios

Or get a better cooler ...

futurea

An aio was a requirement for the 9590. Try getting something like a cm 120v on nh d15 (120v is basically stock cooling for the thing). They are relatively cheap for what you get and should keep the cpu at acceptable temps. Also you can maybe try undervolting your chip

undervolting makes it crash.

getting 280mm kraken x61 or 280 mm corsair aio

The only way to get my 8320 into reasonable temps with a coolermaster Seidon 120 aio cooler was to undervolt it... I tried lots of different things like turning off cores and reducing the clock speeds but the most significant improvement was definitely dropping the voltage. There was no perceivable power or temperature difference when disabling cores, reducing clocks helped a little but not enough. After a lot of experimentation I got the system to run perfectly at stock speeds on all 8 cores at 1.21v and it was almost 20c cooler while reducing the power draw at the wall by almost 60watts. Most boards bios/uefi allow you to undervolt the northbridge too which can help.

obviously not all chips will undervolt to the same degree, just takes a bit of trial and error to find a clock/voltage combination which works for you

I'm on a horse...

Gaming Rig | Storage Server | Virtual Server | HTPC

threres a correct profile for my ram in bios

futurea

undervolting makes it crash.

getting 280mm kraken x61 or 280 mm corsair aio

doesnt matter.

i used to run a FX 8320 on a Asus 990FX Sabertooth board first with 4x4GB kit of Kingston Fury 1866Mhz DDR3 then later on with 4x 8GB kit of Kingston Savage 1866Mhz DDR3 RAM.

my FX couldnt, under no circumstances, maintain its 4.52GHz OC + 1866Mhz RAM speed and stay stable.

if i used ONLY two sticks, then it was no problem running 1866.

but 4 sticks? always had to go with 1600Mhz or face massive instabilities.

XMP doesnt matter. its simply how the Piledriver core is MADE that makes it useless with lots of fast RAM.

i repeat: XMP profile does NOT MATTER. FX simply doesnt do well with quad sticks of RAM running above 1600MHz.

The only way to get my 8320 into reasonable temps with a coolermaster Seidon 120 aio cooler was to undervolt it... I tried lots of different things like turning off cores and reducing the clock speeds but the most significant improvement was definitely dropping the voltage. There was no perceivable power or temperature difference when disabling cores, reducing clocks helped a little but not enough. After a lot of experimentation I got the system to run perfectly at stock speeds on all 8 cores at 1.21v and it was almost 20c cooler while reducing the power draw at the wall by almost 60watts. Most boards bios/uefi allow you to undervolt the northbridge too which can help.

obviously not all chips will undervolt to the same degree, just takes a bit of trial and error to find a clock/voltage combination which works for you

northbridge voltage?

doesnt matter.

i used to run a FX 8320 on a Asus 990FX Sabertooth board first with 4x4GB kit of Kingston Fury 1866Mhz DDR3 then later on with 4x 8GB kit of Kingston Savage 1866Mhz DDR3 RAM.

my FX couldnt, under no circumstances, maintain its 4.52GHz OC + 1866Mhz RAM speed and stay stable.

if i used ONLY two sticks, then it was no problem running 1866.

but 4 sticks? always had to go with 1600Mhz or face massive instabilities.

XMP doesnt matter. its simply how the Piledriver core is MADE that makes it useless with lots of fast RAM.

i repeat: XMP profile does NOT MATTER. FX simply doesnt do well with quad sticks of RAM running above 1600MHz.

i have 2 sticks, running 1866

if you use a 4x4GB kit of RAM, downclock RAM to 1600Mhz.

FX IMC is shit. and downclocking the RAM will help

I think that AMD's IMC has always been worse. When they first introduced it to catch up with Intel's IMC, Intel's NB based IMC were still better in every single way (that and their 2010 Phenom II P920 has a far better IMC than the A8 4555M which was released in Q4 2012-DDR3 1066 with the P920 running faster than DDR3 1600 with the APU-that was a WTF moment when I saw the differences, and yes I ran the benchmarks several times to be sure I wasn't going mad).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I think that AMD's IMC has always been worse. When they first introduced it to catch up with Intel's IMC, Intel's NB based IMC were still better in every single way (that and their 2010 Phenom II P920 has a far better IMC than the A8 4555M which was released in Q4 2012-DDR3 1066 with the P920 running faster than DDR3 1600 with the APU-that was a WTF moment when I saw the differences, and yes I ran the benchmarks several times to be sure I wasn't going mad).

that being said, FX IMC is actually in some ways better then Phenom II. Yes it is.

however i think the implementation of it doesnt live up to paper specs, and thus the shortcomings of quad stick being problematic arises.

Steamroller based APUs have actually a really fragile IMC it seems. That, or FM2+ platform is not meant to overclock RAM at all

that being said, FX IMC is actually in some ways better then Phenom II. Yes it is.

however i think the implementation of it doesnt live up to paper specs, and thus the shortcomings of quad stick being problematic arises.

Steamroller based APUs have actually a really fragile IMC it seems. That, or FM2+ platform is not meant to overclock RAM at all

Which is really weird since the GPU in APU rely on fast system memory so much.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL