Windows 10 - Installing anti virus.

JohnnyIsHere
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

Would that be safe to get from the internet as i don't have a anti virus atm :l

yes

here are the links

http://www.avg.com/ppc/ww-en/protection-offer-comparison-5?ECID=ad:go:se:CA-EN-XSite-Brand-Trial-Search&gclid=CLTn9ZHYnsoCFVJufgodloQJjw

https://www.malwarebytes.org/downloads/

the free version for both of them

So i got my new pc and it is working :-)

When i turned it on it went straight to the desktop thingy.. so 1 thing is how can i make it go to accounts first so i can login and have my name not OEM or whatever they made it as.

Yeah but the main point is i have put the maximum security anti virus disk in my optical drive.. and nothing is popping up or happening on my computer.. when i installed it on my laptop t was ez... but nothing is happening when i put the disk in :l

just get AVG and malwarebytes 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

what is this "maximum security antivirus" thing youre talking about??

lol it sounds like a load of BS

just download malwarebytes+avg/avast

its free and far better than almost all the other "antiviruses" which are just a scam

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

what is this "maximum security antivirus" thing youre talking about??

lol it sounds like a load of BS

It's good used it before. Trend Micro maximum security 10.. think it also goes by titanium or something

just get AVG and malwarebytes 

It's good used it before. Trend Micro maximum security 10.. think it also goes by titanium or something

junk it. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

yes, the whole internet isn't full of viruses.

most viruses are gotten my just accepting downloads without reading the fine print.

yes

here are the links

http://www.avg.com/ppc/ww-en/protection-offer-comparison-5?ECID=ad:go:se:CA-EN-XSite-Brand-Trial-Search&gclid=CLTn9ZHYnsoCFVJufgodloQJjw

https://www.malwarebytes.org/downloads/

the free version for both of them

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yes, the whole internet isn't full of viruses.

most viruses are gotten my just accepting downloads without reading the fine print.

How much is it?? cause would just prefer to use the one i already bought on the disk for now.. just the thing ain't popping up on screen :l

How much is it?? cause would just prefer to use the one i already bought on the disk for now.. just the thing ain't popping up on screen :l

it's free dude. 

you shouldn't pay for anti virus programs. 

if you're firm on using your snake oil disk then go to "my computer" and find your optical drive and double click it.

it's free dude. 

you shouldn't pay for anti virus programs. 

if you're firm on using your snake oil disk then go to "my computer" and find your optical drive and double click it.

:o oh i see it, but this FREE one looks sick :) cheers for saving me all the time yur like an angel :-D

*facepalm* 

He said it was free. 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Just because you used it before does not mean it is good, all it is, is a good UI if it doesn't have the backbone, its useless. And besides as long as you don't go into shady websites and click random links you should be fine even with out an anti virus. 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Ever since the release of Windows 8, Windows Defender is pretty much just a re-branded clone of Microsoft Security Essentials, which is good enough. You don't really need to install a third-party antivirus anymore. 

"Daddy's going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." -Linus Sebastian 2014 (src)

"I believe in French Fries. I believe in America. I believe in the Union." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

"I have pockets in all my shorts." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)