Put my case on carpet

WaelT

I have Phanteks Enthoo Pro case and for now I have it on top of my desk. I was thinking about putting the case on the ground which is covered with carpet, and I'm afraid of electric issues. 

Shall I be concerned and leave it on the desk or is it fine to just put the case on a carpet ground?!  :rolleyes:

there are no electrical issues

your PC is grounded when its plugged in

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you have pets, don't do it. Otherwise it's fine.

only issues are airflow and dust (so that depends on the thickness of your carpet and how often you clean it), you could also be blocking the power supplie's intake if it's bottom mounted (solution is to mount it upwards).

I have no issues with my pc setup on the floor. Just turn the power supply(fan side up) to avoid dust/airflow issues. 

Thank you for your advice everybody ... I will have to flip my PSU and I guess I will have to do more cleaning to preserve the PC from dust .. :) 

Don't flip your psu if you have the psu shroud installed :) Personally I have my Enthoo Pro on the floor but I've cut a piece of wood for it to stand on to keep it off the carpet.

You can put your PSU to face it down at the carper but you'll need a thick board or something to put at below of your carpet. I saw this method on setup wars at TechSource channel